• Yes

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • No

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Part of main game

Votes: 17 70.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hahaha, I had to do a double take at the "don't open it" x)

I loved Bloodline's, I finished a playthrough a few months ago and yes, the Night time radio host, even though you never met or interacted with her, was a great atmospheric addition to the game. It let you know about some of the crazy things happening in the dead of night and added to the lore of the game while keeping you entertained (especially with the radio host down to earth realistic yet flirtatious attitude).

I heartidly agree with Loostreaks, the home V inherits from begining should be a "shithole" compared to what they can have access to towards EndGame. Give us a transition to what life is like as someone barely making ends meet, to the luxurious life of the wealthy 1% of Night City. That would be great way and place to have most of our social "down time" interactions with love interests, potential companion characters (invite them over for minigame time or to advance personal story instead of going to their usual hangout if you don't feel like making the trip!) and a place to collect our ingame Trophies!!!

Not enough game have this feature to have visual representation of our ingame progression, having a bunch of Trophies set around the house would give a direct visual feedback of our accomplishments (the eye of a cyberhacker that we took down, the banner of a gang we wiped out, the signed helmet of a racer we saved, etc) I mention this because this was one of my favorite features in Star Wars XWing Alliance ;)

Yes, I would totally like having a place to really call home!

Obviously there will be who will want it in Pacifica, who in City Centre, but having the possibility of slowly earning/fighting your way to one of those skyscrapers would be great.

That's so true hahahaha

Funny topic y'all raised here. You guys do know REDs are just development team that answers to their master publisher like when they had to answer to higher ups after two The Witcher 3 delays. And regional distributors are also counted as publishers of all things. If not for Atari in USA and Noviy Disk in Russia there wouldn't be any Witcher series and CP2077 and The Witcher 3 would have far more modest sales figures since people are still buying discs ya know.

You got it totally wrong here. Right now they are basically self-funded(they are registered on Warsaw Stock Exchange) and self-publishing so they have no publisher above them. They work with distributors who might participate in marketing/merchandising activities but that's all.

I second that!

Hope our first place is a miserable shithole with flickering/buzzing lamps, run down greasy walls a disgusting kitchen and a dirty bed.
Looking out the window into the rain sogged slums, hearing gunshots in the distance. Muffled music, domestic violence and sex noises through the walls.
I want to feel the urge to get out and work my way up.

Also

now have to go play Bloodlines damn....

Unfortunately, from the previews we've seen, it sounds like V's starting apartment will be kind of decent. :( I totally agree with wanting a shithole to start with, but all the journos I've seen write about/discuss it just say "IT'S AWESOME" or something like that (the apartment).

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Unfortunately, from the previews we've seen, it sounds like V's starting apartment will be kind of decent. :( I totally agree with wanting a shithole to start with, but all the journos I've seen write about/discuss it just say "IT'S AWESOME" or something like that (the apartment).

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Its a vertical slice of the game that really can be anywhere in its "timeline"
They showed that part of the game, doesn't mean it is actually in the beginning ;)

Its a vertical slice of the game that really can be anywhere in its "timeline"
They showed that part of the game, doesn't mean it is actually in the beginning ;)
What I've read seemed to point to it being near the beginning of the game.

We will need RED confirmation to be sure (they probably won't tell us for now).

What I've read seemed to point to it being near the beginning of the game.

We will need RED confirmation to be sure (they probably won't tell us for now).
That can change during development. It's entirely possible that the demo is based on a build of the game that was put together specifically for the demo, meaning that not only the apartment but also the missions, locations, equipment etc could be from various different stages of the game - all put together in this demo build just so they'd have something to show off.

That can change during development. It's entirely possible that the demo is based on a build of the game that was put together specifically for the demo, meaning that not only the apartment but also the missions, locations, equipment etc could be from various different stages of the game - all put together in this demo build just so they'd have something to show off.
Yes. But I don't make assumptions about the future in that regard. I go off of what I'm told and shown until that's proven wrong/different by new information. Otherwise, I'm injecting my hopes into my expectations, which can result in disappointment.

It's really fun game... just don't open it.

I'll keep the hint in mind. And I am pleasantly surprised by the game so far.

And more ontopic. The starting streets are indeed the right kind of wrong. Really makes you feel like your starting at the bottom of the foodchain.

I'll keep the hint in mind. And I am pleasantly surprised by the game so far.

And more ontopic. The starting streets are indeed the right kind of wrong. Really makes you feel like your starting at the bottom of the foodchain.
What clan did you pick?

Toreador. They looked like the Jack-of-al-trades clan.
Good choice. Just make sure you don't go full non-combat build. Sooner or later you'll have to fight head on and you'll want to have the skills to deal with that kind of situations. This is not to say you shouldn't invest in other skills as well (you did pick Toreador aftearll), the social/sneaky/hacky bits are very fun as well.

A Cyberpunk world must be filled with a lot of minigames.
Card games, races, an underground fight club (properly made, not like in The Witcher), pool table, in game video games, virtual reality, netrunning, hacking...

Yeah, I'd like to see this kind of thing too.

Honestly, just seeing that screenshot of the starting apartment brought back such a strong feeling of nostalgia, the immersion and atmosphere in that game was fantastic.

Funnily enough it was also, sorry for bringing it up, a game that primarily used FPP ;)

Top Bottom