• Yes

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • No

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Part of main game

Votes: 17 70.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What I've read seemed to point to it being near the beginning of the game.

We will need RED confirmation to be sure (they probably won't tell us for now).
Yeah, it was also mentioned that V was level 1 while Jack was level 8.
Honestly, just seeing that screenshot of the starting apartment brought back such a strong feeling of nostalgia, the immersion and atmosphere in that game was fantastic.
I've mentioned this before, I loved TW3, I felt several emotions playing it, but VtMB was the only game that made my balls tingle it was so immersive.

What do you say... I just did! :D

Celerity.. tis all you need.. dodging bullets for days
Few shotgunblasts to the face thought me the value of the skill.

A few hours in and I can really understand why people are using this game as reference for what they hope to see. The combat is... lets be kind and call it dated, but the atmosphere is remarkable. From the creepy hotel to dealing with the 'sisters', the game is really sucking you in.

Get it sucking, as in vampires. No?

I agree 100% with this thread, I want the "starting apartment" to be a dump who's other residents are all probably junkies, hookers and fixers. I want an ingame economy getting me to pay rent or I lose it and I want to build up to a better place out of the slums.

Few shotgunblasts to the face thought me the value of the skill.

A few hours in and I can really understand why people are using this game as reference for what they hope to see. The combat is... lets be kind and call it dated, but the atmosphere is remarkable. From the creepy hotel to dealing with the 'sisters', the game is really sucking you in.

Get it sucking, as in vampires. No?
Yeah, the combat in Bloodlines is nothing to be excited about. But atmosphere and dialog wise it's in a class by itself. A good many dialog options are gated behind skills, and that makes perfect sense. If your character is good at persuasion or seduction or can dominate an NPCs mind they should have options others would not, duh.

There are several threads going about how combat will be handled in game. FPS, RPG, hybrid, and so on. That's all well and fine, but as a Cyberpunk 2020 PnP player our group learned very early on that combat in NC was a very dangerous and often deleterious way of handling things. Even a team comprised mostly of solos/cops needed to tread carefully.

What I'm interested in seeing are alternatives to using combat. Sure, if the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail. However, CP2077 is being billed as an RPG first, so how are we going to avoid unnecessary risks like pointing a gun at every Yakuza or Arasaka employee we come across? How will us characters less inclined to use brute force handle a team of corporate ninjas or dirty cops? How should they be handled? I'm interested in your thoughts.

I am also curious about this.

I am worried about the stealth, specifically. It sounds like it doesn't really exist right now, according to previewers, and it doesn't really work at all when devs try to use it during the demos. I'm hoping the stealth programmer guys they are apparently hiring will be able to assist with this.

As to how to handle situations, ideally, virtually every situation should be able to be talked through. Not every situation, but many.

I'm also hoping that a "pacifist" playthrough, or one when you don't kill anybody (nonlethal takedowns only - apparently pacifism was mentioned as a viable way to get through the game in a preview or in that little brochure, I forget which), is possible.

I like to play many different characters, and I get sick of slaughtering everybody all the time in games. I always go non-lethal when possible, it's almost always more challenging and more rewarding.

There are several threads going about how combat will be handled in game. FPS, RPG, hybrid, and so on. That's all well and fine, but as a Cyberpunk 2020 PnP player our group learned very early on that combat in NC was a very dangerous and often deleterious way of handling things. Even a team comprised mostly of solos/cops needed to tread carefully.

What I'm interested in seeing are alternatives to using combat. Sure, if the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail. However, CP2077 is being billed as an RPG first, so how are we going to avoid unnecessary risks like pointing a gun at every Yakuza or Arasaka employee we come across? How will us characters less inclined to use brute force handle a team of corporate ninjas or dirty cops? How should they be handled? I'm interested in your thoughts.
I say : "Make them feel the pain." if a person ABSOLUTELY INSISTS on solving all of their problems with violence. Have 'em run into a full conversion 'borg who was a "family member" of one of the people the player killed. Or better yet, have them find out a little too late that a person they whacked was an undercover cop/ a powerful exec's significant other/ the relative of a powerful and violent gang leader/organized crime figure....You know, the same kind of shit a judge would throw at an unruly party in the PNP. Or, here's a creative one: Have it set up that if the player in question goes on a killing spree, have them continuously get shot in the head by a sniper's bullet/ their cyberware ends up getting hacked every time they step outside of their apartment. The solution: The player has to start the game over and discontinue their evil ways. Otherwise, the "karma fairy" will continue to kick his/her ass.

Last edited:
There was an interview and someone said it was impossible to go through the game without killing someone. So no complete pacifist playthrough. I really hope stealth/non combat options are available. I really am not a shooter person and prefer taking out enemies from behind and the shadows. The biggest thing I hated about the witcher was how you had no choice but to fight going in, instead of taking out enemies with stealth. I get that is geralts style, but it just annoyed me since that is counter to my playstyle.

Forum veteran
https://www.gameinformer.com/e3-201...-finish-cyberpunk-2077-without-killing-anyone

Killing will be mandatory at points. Still, violence doesn't necessarily equate to shooting people in the face; I saw something about hacking an enemy's gun to disable it, and it'd be pretty cool if you could, for example, hack guns to shoot other enemies while they're in people's hands and cause a whole brouhaha from a distance to clear the way. Technically killing, but hands-off, very RPG-ish killing.

Yep really hope we can do the game without using guns at least 90% of the time, just using our skill to disable ennemy or hack something who kill them for you ( i will do it with the guns for sure but i would love to redo the game in complete differente way).

https://www.gameinformer.com/e3-201...-finish-cyberpunk-2077-without-killing-anyone

Killing will be mandatory at points. Still, violence doesn't necessarily equate to shooting people in the face; I saw something about hacking an enemy's gun to disable it, and it'd be pretty cool if you could, for example, hack guns to shoot other enemies while they're in people's hands and cause a whole brouhaha from a distance to clear the way. Technically killing, but hands-off, very RPG-ish killing.

This is no problem for me, i don't care that much about "non-lethal" options, but we still we don't know if we'll be able to stealth and kill quietly in every combat encounter without alarming our opponents. This is much more important than non lethal options for me, both are similar gameplay wise, so having one would be fine imo.

The fact that it will be FPP only seems to indicate an emphasis on FPS pew pew gameplay, rather than non-combat options like stealth which requires more situational awareness than FPP can provide.

Of course there are also FPP stealth games, but those are built around stealth and it won't be the case here.

Part of the problem with stealth in CP2077 is technology.

In most games you can hide in the shadows, if the opposition has infrared or thermal imaging there are no shadows. Or you can move slowly and have much less chance to be noticed, but the opposition has motion sensors.

So how can you have stealth vs anything street punks. Any Corp complex you enter is going to have sensors galore.

As far as handling other non-combat situations we know there's an ability to hack many electronic devices if you have enough skill as a Netrunner, we know you can pick a lock or disable an alarm if you're a skilled Tech, we know you can talk your way thru situations (presumably governed by your COOL attribute, because at this point we have no clue if the Intimidate, Streetwise, Seduction, or Persuasion & Fast Talk skills exist in CP2077).

What more would people like to see?

Part of the problem with stealth in CP2077 is technology.

In most games you can hide in the shadows, if the opposition has infrared or thermal imaging there are no shadows. Or you can move slowly and have much less chance to be noticed, but the opposition has motion sensors.

So how can you have stealth vs anything street punks. Any Corp complex you enter is going to have sensors galore.
Stealth will be in the game, that much has been confirmed. The lore/reasoning behind it is not my concern. Naturally, enemies should have ways of finding you, but that's not what happened in the demo. Stealth just doesn't work in the game's current state, and I'm hoping that gets fixed. I don't think it's due to logical, lore/science reasons, pretty sure it's just because they have never programmed it before in any real capacity.

Stealth is one of my favorite ways to play a game, so it's not a dealbreaker, but it'll definitely be a major point against it if it isn't in to my satisfaction.

Top Bottom