• Yes

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • No

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Part of main game

Votes: 17 70.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
One thing I saw them try and do in Blood & Wine was to tie a bunch of PoI content into a single side quest (building the statue and solving the vineyard owners' issues), perhaps in an attempt to make it more appealing? Don't do that - side quests in TW3 signified quality content, so trying to shove throw-away filler into those in B&W wasn't great and felt half-assed.
There was a bit more grind in Blood & Wine, than in the main game and in Stones, though. Like destroy five nests and shit like that.

tbh, most of my worry stems from this.

tbh, most of my worry stems from this.

I don't think there's a perfect solution to this issue. If they try and add more context via characters to these, then the people that enjoy going around and clearing a map of random crap without putting too much thought into it are going to complain about the game being a cutscene simulator. It also means more resources being poured into making that repetitive content more fleshed out, so people like me that do care about story are going to be annoyed because filler is being forced into the story.

This is why I think the best thing they can do, really, is to just have both and allow players to easily distinguish between the two. Like I mentioned, being able to filter out "question marks" in TW3 was great. However, seeing that same content pop up into a side quest that seemed like it was going to have hand-crafted content was disappointing and felt misleading.

One way to reward exploration while keeping that balance, in my opinion, would be to have more quests that have high quality but require some digging through the world to discover. TW3 had some of these, so perhaps invest in more hidden gems like those.

I see what you're getting at. With the right gear, clothes, and attitude a player could get away with a lot. This could be linked to a stealth/subterfuge/infiltration idea.
I would be on very on board with some situations allowing "stealth" to be handled by fitting in/impersonation. It would be interesting if the consequences of getting found out were increased from what it would be if you were found in a forbidden area without impersonation to reflect that this transcends trespassing, bordering on invasion.

Accessing the gear you shouldn't have access to at earlier point in the game turns it into power-leveling. Perhaps there's some thrill in getting into dangerous areas and getting out with precious loot, but there's no storyteling, and this game is focused on story. Story comes first, not sand-box experience.

Creating different reactions to you depending on your status/cool - I think they're working on that already, if I understand it correctly.

Last edited:
Id hope for some yakuza zero levels of minigames, questlines included

as for to the world specific games: From Fightclubs to full on Urban Combat, Motorball for the borgs (and very suicidaly normal chromed ones), juggern and other kinds of bloodsport - i think it becomes more a rights issue as issue of beeing duable.

But without kidding, underground fightclubs and big public fighting tournaments (for the pros) would be great.
And of course different kinds of em - Urban Combat (what might be a great multiplayer for later) and a brutal One on One Cagematch are fastly different and should be there, Motorball would be a fun mess for endgame. Some "Free For all colosseum" (100+ combatants the last one gets it all) that you can enter early on with benifits that a huge to a starting char (or early mid game) but nothing special for an end game char.

So i prey to yea´ mighty cdpr give us a modkit with the game (at least with the GotY) if you do not want another few thousand workhours to do it yourself. Amen

Last edited:
The more I think about it, the more I want boxing/fight clubs. It reminds me of the recent anime, Megalobox.

I'd be into a battlebots sorta thing too. Build our own robots to fight with storyline/parts to buy.

Guest 4310777

I feel as though Grand Theft Auto has set the bar for mainstream controversy, developers will feel empowered by the success of that game when considering things like prostitution and killing civilians. I am not surprised CDPR will include these things. I want to know if they will push the boundaries further.

Immediately breaking off topic because this thread is mostly focused on perceived class status in-game, you know what would be interesting to me? If you could go around wealthy areas and cause a little bit of havoc, maybe killing a wealthy member of society, and this immediately has major ramifications across the entire gameworld. Things like: increased surveillance, wanton police brutality in the slum areas, perhaps even having hair-trigger police units with the big guns patrolling constantly.

Right now, it seems more like Night City is basically modern cities taken up to eleven, with great class divide but otherwise something recognizable. It would be a nice touch if, depending on your actions, you can inadvertently turn Night City into a fascist police state. And if you take out enough of the elite, there's no one funding the police so there's nothing but chaos in the streets and general anomie.

I don't expect that to be the case because it would mess with the status quo of the game pretty hard, especially considering this is a cyberpunk story where it's mostly focused on corporate capitalism and consumerism run amok in the future and the effects this has on society rather than Orwellian brutalitarianism or the rise of a techno-anarcho-communist state, but it's always been something I wondered about games pulling off.

Anywho, continue with the old discussion.

Some of the most fun I have in open world games is from freeroaming, not causing much harm though always having the freedom to do so. It's one reason why I hoped that the game would at least feature some non-urban areas to explore (because futurist fiction always downplays the natural world if it's not a core element of the story). When it comes to Just Cause, I barely even cause any havoc; I just ride around enjoying the scenery, parachute farting over beautiful environments adoring the lighting engine especially during the morning and evening hours.

It's also why I was hoping that CD Projekt Red would take a few notes from Grand Theft Auto and Saints Row and intentionally throw in a few "mysteries". I think I spent more time checking out the Tongva Triangle in GTA 5 than I did killing pedestrians and fucking about blowing up cars. And Stilwater in Saints Row 2 is just a total joy to explore. I'm still finding new places in that game.

When it comes to sci-fi games, since we never really get open world ones, I always have to use my imagination to fill in the blanks. I loved playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution (especially the Director's Cut where you can keep your upgrades past the end) and a lot of my enjoyment came just from walking around, imagining living in the future.

To that be perfect, games would have to implement a "pie in the sky" dream of mine: Fear as a passive mechanic.
Be it because of level difference, some accomplishment of the character or something else, some enemies would just let you in peace.
How many times I just wanted to do something mundane, get a collectible just to fight some annoying npcs that no longer offer any challange, but drags the game nonetheless.

Guest 4310777

To that be perfect, games would have to implement a "pie in the sky" dream of mine: Fear as a passive mechanic.
Be it because of level difference, some accomplishment of the character or something else, some enemies would just let you in peace.
How many times I just wanted to do something mundane, get a collectible just to fight some annoying npcs that no longer offer any challange, but drags the game nonetheless.

Interesting idea

Whatever it is, I just hope they remembered to put them in from the start. They basically admitted that bandit camps/smugglers caches in tw3 was a last minute addition because they forgot to put content in the game world that isn't just quests, so let's hope that doesn't happen again.

judging by the trailer i assume we will have basketball, MMA and pool. what sports exist in CP2020? do they have rollerball, cause i would love to have that in the game.

An arena style sidequest like how Oblivion did it would be great. Witcher 3 also had something like it albeit simpler/shorter.

An arena style sidequest like how Oblivion did it would be great. Witcher 3 also had something like it albeit simpler/shorter.
Yes, I agree.
I would like some kind of shooting competition, so that I could hone my skills somewhat, as I am not very good at at shooting!

Fear as a passive mechanic.

I can see the "street cred" system having a simillar efect to what you're saying.. i mean.. it would make sence that not only the dudes with the jobs would know you're not just an average joe.

Now all CDPR has to do is figure out how to make it so that "hostiles" aren't just there as xp or item sources but also have combat encounters common enough for players looking to test their shiny new guns and augments or just having fun with their decked out character.

I mean it sounds good on paper but how would you implement something like it without all the potential combatants dissapearing into the woodwork.. progression is like a cornerstone of an RPG and having enemies run away because you're several classes above them kinda defeats the purpose..

Some games tried solving it by thing like "level scaling" which i personally dislike while others simply make low level enemies completely ignore your presence which is kind of immeresion breaking even more from a FPP where you can't even see their levels.. - does the game even have levels? -

Yes, I agree.
I would like some kind of shooting competition, so that I could hone my skills somewhat, as I am not very good at at shooting!

Yes a lot of people have this concern.. but if the skill tree will be "open" like they said i can see a possible combat build that encompases "autonomous attack drones" (Techie ability) that does a lot of the build damage and a trusty sidearm you can play around with until you get better without actually depending on it..

Just my 2 cents

I haven't seen the gameplay demo, which I hear is amazing.

But I'm also not the only person who is wondering where the iconic dirty, dark side of this game might be. We are told, yes, it exists.

In my opinion, the dystopic cyber future genre is defined by an "iconic" ambiance, not a cliche one. It's not copying in any way, its part of a genre defining look and feel much like space movies take place in space and not Kansas.

I'm really hoping this comes through in the next trailer. Personally speaking, I'd like to see more cyber and less punk. The sunny, Rodondo Beach California ambiance is bit offputting for a game that wants to be hard-core, violent, dark cyber.

In summary, less punk, more cyber.

PS. Yes, wait until the game comes out. yada yada yada. I know.

Top Bottom