Non-lethal options / weapons ?

+
Hi, I'm opening a thread to ask if we can list the known non-lethal options given to the player to take down enemies.
Can be weapons, and other means (fist fight maybe ?)

I don't know if it is true, but I heard somewhere not too recently that there might be a "switch" in your guns that makes them stop killing the enemies.

It sounds ridiculous, I know, and it might've well been a joke. But I'm not going to be surprised by anything anymore. There's already a sword that blocks bullets.

I think there is sneaking up and choking them ou
I don't know if it is true, but I heard somewhere not too recently that there might be a "switch" in your guns that makes them stop killing the enemies.

It sounds ridiculous, I know, and it might've well been a joke. But I'm not going to be surprised by anything anymore. There's already a sword that blocks bullets.

Well even we have dazed weapons in current times. You can imagine that there are guns that can disable people in 2077.

I also think it's possible to choke people out I think if you sneak up behind them.

I wish there was a high tech bow with different arrow heads like Crysis 3 had but I doubt it. But it would be pretty cool wouldn't it.

there's also the nanowire which can hack from a distance, which depending on the program you upload can disable an enemy without killing them.

we saw that you can apply status effects to the mantis blades, so applying status effects to firearms/bows doesn't seem unlikely. i would want that kind of feature to only exist on tech or smart weapons though, given they're more technologically enhanced.

I'd say rubber bullets and disable the blood spilling FX => easy non-lethal approach implemented FTW.

porque no los dos?

the weapon still has to mark the target, the ammo still has to seek the target. both need onboard computers. weapon to program, ammo to execute

I'd suspect rounds that (are not missiles) have a special sensor at their tip, computized wireless connection to the gun and motors&fuel to make them curve while "seeking the target" would cost honey.

You can imagine that there are guns that can disable people in 2077.
I'd say rubber bullets

Believe me, had I heard rubber bullets, stun gun, dart gun, or what ever, I wouldn't have mentioned. The reason it stuck to my mind was that it seemed to imply a button on a weapon that somehow makes the bullets not do damage, which would be... kinda cheating a nonlethal run in.

But I do believe that either I misread, or it was some weird throw from whoever wrote it.

I'd suspect rounds that (are not missiles) have a special sensor at their tip, computized wireless connection to the gun and motors&fuel to make them curve while "seeking the target" would cost honey.

Believe me, had I heard rubber bullets, stun gun, dart gun, or what ever, I wouldn't have mentioned. The reason it stuck to my mind was that it seemed to imply a button on a weapon that somehow makes the bullets not do damage, which would be... kinda cheating a nonlethal run in.

But I do believe that either I misread, or it was some weird throw from whoever wrote it.
maybe it's a switch between rubber/metal bullets? Not that I expect immersion from CP77 anymore. That train has left the station.

Well even we have dazed weapons in current times. You can imagine that there are guns that can disable people in 2077

Isn't Night City society supposed to be violent though ?
Non lethal weapons exist in the real world yeah. However, it's weird that a mercenary taking dangerous jobs like V would go around being a pacifist and putting to sleep the very same people that would murder them without a second thought.

I don't know, I've always found non lethal weapons stupid because they never fit the setting or character.

but you choose how your character behaves. even in the most violent situations, you still have a choice. whether or not the world 1 gives a shit 2 gives you something or 3 treats you differently for it is completely contextual because it's still your choice.

Isn't Night City society supposed to be violent though ?
Non lethal weapons exist in the real world yeah. However, it's weird that a mercenary taking dangerous jobs like V would go around being a pacifist and putting to sleep the very same people that would murder them without a second thought.

I don't know, I've always found non lethal weapons stupid because they never fit the setting or character.

I mean, non-lethal approaches have merits outside of moral considerations.

On a different note, I think we can all agree nipple tasers will most likely fall in the non-lethal category.

To sum up so far, from what I'm reading :
- sneak tactics (ex: choke enemies from behind).
- nanowire to disable enemies from a distance.
- alternative ammos (or a similar system) on guns.
- gadgets (ex: nipple-tasers)

To me, non-lethal options can serve purposes like :
- roleplaying as a pacifist character (which has been almost confirmed if I recall correctly ; not full-pacifist but there will be ways to play as such).
- showing mercy to bosses will have effects on the scenario... perhaps non-lethal weapons could help you do this.

maybe it's a switch between rubber/metal bullets? Not that I expect immersion from CP77 anymore. That train has left the station.
Without V, as he couldn't seem to get on board... cough... cough...

To me, non-lethal options can serve purposes like :
- roleplaying as a pacifist character (which has been almost confirmed if I recall correctly ; not full-pacifist but there will be ways to play as such).
- showing mercy to bosses will have effects on the scenario... perhaps non-lethal weapons could help you do this.
I hope that those effects will not be positive by default, and that they might come to bite you on the ass.

Watch out for subtle clues, and keep eyes on the back of your head. (maybe even literally :sneaky:)
That's the approach I want to see - not "do what seems to be the nicest gesture".

And given the fact that Geralt may try to act as "mr nice guy" trying to please all sides in W2 and W3, and ends up getting screwed over for it on numerous occasions, I wouldn't expect anything less from a cruel dystiopian world that is Cyperpunk.

Last edited:
I hope that those effects will not be positive by default, and that they might come to bite you on the ass.

Sure thing ! It has been clear that the NPCs will have opinions on one another, that if you let some NPC alive it could break your relationship with another NPC because they disagree with your action. Same goes for killing an NPC aswell. It's how I understood the concept of relationships with NPCs.

- gadgets (ex: nipple-tasers)
- showing mercy to bosses
will have effects on the scenario... perhaps non-lethal weapons could help you do this.
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.........................
>Defeat boss
>Boss "OKAY OKAY YOU WIN! I YIELD!"
>Okay, but only if you give me a hug
>Boss "uhh okay" *ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!* o_O
>V: "heh heh hehehe" ;)

Top Bottom