Non-Lethal Weapons Keep Killing NPCs

+
I'm on Xbox One X and that happens to me like 90% of the time if I instakill with Short Circuit. It's hilarious.

I can literally have an entire building of dead enemies frozen in position if I'm fooling around with Legendary Ping and the cyberdeck that spreads attack quickhacks, since that lets you hack through walls.

I thought maybe it was on purpose, like you fried them so quick they're frozen in place.

Have you invested heavily into intelligence with perks like the crit hits on quickhacks? Maybe it only occurs when you absolutely obliterate an enemy.

If you pick up their body, and then put them down again, they fall into a regular unconscious/dead state. But if you only loot them they just remain standing there. It's a bit spooky, haha.
I had that happen sometimes during my first playthrough but it was rare. My build had 18 to 20 INT, I used Legendary Ping, I had crit perk but... when it happened it might have been when I took down a lot of enemies instantly or in very short sequence. But that was over 7 months ago and only thing I can say for sure, is that I remember those enemies whom were standing still being anomaly, I remember them for that reason.

Now on my second playthrough I finished week ago or so, I think it might happened once or twice, but this time my build had INT 14, so I don't think I actually had quickhacking crit perk.

You coudl prossibly try too repair your cyberpunk install. Sounds like something is missing or it dont have the cpu power too use physics for the fall. Ive hade mobs get stuck in standing too but rarely.

This sounds like a good idea. What comes to performance (as I'm on Xbox One X too) it would make sense to me, that there are priorities, like maintaining certain FPS and animations, like falling down, has certain window where it gets executed if there's CPU/GPU resources available, could be sound effects too, anything and if there isn't animations simply won't play. Doesn't really matter, for my big relief that I can be completely out in the woods here, but it doesn't really matter as we can't really do anything about it.

Anyway, who I think it may be something like that, is because sometimes regardless of approach, guns, melee, quickhaking, anything but take downs, it happens that enemy NPC falls, and then sometimes later, it falls again. It might be that there's no sound effect, like "aaaargh!" when it falls first time, but then on second time it goes through falling animation there maybe sound but can't say for sure.

What can be said for sure, it's not intended and IMO best thing to do is to report it via support site, so they are aware and get a picture of how many players experience it.

nc_01

Forum regular
I thought maybe it was on purpose, like you fried them so quick they're frozen in place.
Have you invested heavily into intelligence with perks like the crit hits on quickhacks? Maybe it only occurs when you absolutely obliterate an enemy.
That is my thought as well. My Short Circuit got quite powerful. And yes I invested a lot into Int (around 15 - don't remember exactly). Earlier in the game I did not observe such behaviour, so maybe it changed after one of the patches or after I upgraded Int to a certain level or got some new perks.

Regarding CPU / fresh install -- I did a fresh install recently because of other reasons. And I do not believe that CPU performance is a problem -- on XBox Series X the game is fluid and this issue occurs only when using Short Circuit. Maybe I will contact support as some of you suggest.

That is my thought as well. My Short Circuit got quite powerful. And yes I invested a lot into Int (around 15 - don't remember exactly). Earlier in the game I did not observe such behaviour, so maybe it changed after one of the patches or after I upgraded Int to a certain level or got some new perks.

Regarding CPU / fresh install -- I did a fresh install recently because of other reasons. And I do not believe that CPU performance is a problem -- on XBox Series X the game is fluid and this issue occurs only when using Short Circuit. Maybe I will contact support as some of you suggest.

Am I the only one who likes it? Haha. Of all the bugs to patch I'll be sad when it's gone.

Since it's non-lethal there's this air of extra creepiness like they're just frozen there while you take all their stuff and curse you with their eyes.

R001c

Forum regular
Hey choom! Need to test this new Non lethal mod. Just stand there a minute while I shoot you in the head.

about it bringing an enemy to 1 hp is probably the correct answer. i usually kill people with a baseball bat since i dont want him alerting the other enemies so i hit him more than i should :LOL:

I have noticed that sometimes non-lethal melee weapons can kill if they have bleeding or other side damage effects. E.g. my gorilla arms that have the animals knuckels sometimes kills enemies when I one shot them with a punch and then the bleed damage kills them.
Same goes for guns with the pax mod. Even with the mod if you shoot the enemy after they go down, they will die and it's easy to shoot them after downed if you have an automatic weapon with high fire rate.

It has definitely changed since 1.5 period! I am doing nothing different but the cyber psychos die constantly now, you changed something in the mods no doubt, hell you changed all of the mods in 1.5!!!

Top Bottom