Non weather Monster decks are very vulnerable

+
Non weather Monster decks are very vulnerable

[ NOTE: Generally non NR buff decks seem a bit lackluster, the examples below are with monsters ]

I will cut to the chase:

I have explored the following 2 options for non monster weather decks:
1) Breed / devour and buff (thunderbolt, commander, the non Eredin Wild hunt Leader etc...)
2) Have few strong monsters (buff + devour ( frog + the unit that devours one creature on the field) + adrenaline rush, frightener) and some control cards.

Both builds get beaten by dbomb, scorch, igni, weather. ( the breeding one even by lacerate, tremor and a few other cards )

How do you deal with this ?

( Also mods, I know you will read this, could you please move this thread to the strategy section if it is misplaced here ? )

I tried to experiment with other types of Monster Decks as well and came to the same conclusion, they are pretty much useless.

Breeders are so easily countered it´s amazing, one Lacerate and a stratagy that needed like 3 cards is destroyed, nobody ever won with a Breeder Deck against me and I never won against someone else ( 5 games or so) using a Breeder Deck.

Toad and Ghouls on the other side seem more viable in my eyes espacially in the beginning. Playing Toad (15 points) and then Ghoul (13 points) with two cards is kind of good. But this suffers the same like every other buff Deck ( 50% Monster Weather etc.)

Against destroying your breedeble creatures you can´t do much, maybe for example thundebolt after you first play them and then breed.
With the high value ones you need to spread them as much as possible and try to give them differnt values. Against a heavy Monster weather deck both of this tratagies might be in vain anyways.

bloodcount;n7061840 said:
How do you deal with this ?

I agree, there is a lot of talk about how "OP" monster decks are, but personally I think it's a pretty under powered faction; weather resistance/buff is it's only "strength" that's why 90% of the monster deck you face are weather one.

But if you remove weather then monsters are pretty weak, breadable is not viable most of the time, the only time you can try to use it is you try to boost the grave hag (i.e. create a lot of weak creature that will be killed and then used to buff the grave had), but it's very situational, if you don't get the grave hag in your hand or if your opponent has a DBomb or Scorch you are dead.

Personally I hope that when they nerf weather they will also improve the monster faction to give it more options.

the breeder deck is pretty much useless right now,since there are simply way too many coutners,and it doesnt exactly have a lot going for it.i would really like to try a non-weather control deck for monsters but unfortunately lack the cards :/

pl91;n7062200 said:
the breeder deck is pretty much useless right now,since there are simply way too many coutners,and it doesnt exactly have a lot going for it.i would really like to try a non-weather control deck for monsters but unfortunately lack the cards :/

I have mostly a weather-lite control deck, I have only three weather card (the two gold fog/frost unit and Areomancy), lots of control card (scorch, epidemic, thunder, tremor, gravedigger, etc...) and mostly weather resistant units. I am not the best of Gwent player, very far from it but currently my win / lose ration is around 90%.........defeat :) I would be curious to see what other can do as a strong non-weather monster deck.

i mainlyplay SC so i lack the legendaries of others (i even lack the legendaries of SC but thats another story :/).i do have though avalach and would really like to put him to use.if my next legendary is monsters as well i will probably make that deck first.

Top Bottom