Northern Realms Deck Strategies

+
I have had quite a bit of succes playing a Radovid control deck, with weather cards, and generally just a lot of stuff to disrupt your opponents strategies. If anyone are interested i can post my decklist, and some basic strategy advice. Nobody expects NR to play weather cards ^^

EDIT: just made added the decklist http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/7132-radovid-control-disruption
The decklist is not by any means optimal, but these are the cards I have right now, so they are the ones I'm using. The deck works really well against combo decks, since you have an answer to just about anything they might play.

Last edited:
Almaron22;n7019900 said:
I have had quite a bit of succes playing a Radovid control deck, with weather cards, and generally just a lot of stuff to disrupt your opponents strategies. If anyone are interested i can post my decklist, and some basic strategy advice. Nobody expects NR to play weather cards ^^

EDIT: just made added the decklist http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/7132-radovid-control-disruption
The decklist is not by any means optimal, but these are the cards I have right now, so they are the ones I'm using. The deck works really well against combo decks, since you have an answer to just about anything they might play.

This radovid control is good too, faced it several times on ladder already. I'm planning building one myself too. To be frank, radovid is the only card i'm missing, maybe i will craft him

Laveley;n6998260 said:
The main combo is buffing -> promote roach olgier. You will alway have roach and promote (henselt) so you always can start with it. If your enemy is smart, he will try to counter it. You will be surprised but i see a lot people using igni again my 11 strength roach. Which is great (for me, of course).

The worst matchups i face with this deck are the full control ones, like scoia. Against them its pretty much impossible to promote roach/olgier. What you have to do is keep baiting them in the first round to remove you cheap stuff, like siege tower and keep resurrecting it with medic/scout. Every blue mountain comando they spend to remove your stuff is one less top hat bunny they can do with better stuff.

Its hard for me explain all the plays and matchups, every game plays a little different. Maybe i will record some matches with it.

How did you get your roach to that high strength? Even if you gave it all the buffs available you can't get that high. 3x4 from blue stripes commando, 2x 8 from potion and some odd ones from natalis and decoy... that's little more than half of what your roach has. What's the secret?

Necro_Man_Ser;n7036310 said:
How did you get your roach to that high strength? Even if you gave it all the buffs available you can't get that high. 3x4 from blue stripes commando, 2x 8 from potion and some odd ones from natalis and decoy... that's little more than half of what your roach has. What's the secret?

Dandelion + decoy.

My record was an 80 strength olgier. Against monster weather is pretty much gg since they have difficulties to put up big numbers.

Also, the deck is getting more popular. Already faced an slightly different version with redanian elite on the ladder.

It is not hard to get 200 strength on one unit while you have a proper deck with Dandelion and Commander's Horn. I recommend using Olgierd, Roach and Baron with Henselt since you don't have to worry about promotion in your hand. Once you get one of these card you start buffing, use Henselt active and you have ~150 for 3 rounds.

Too bad decoy is one of those expensive cards you gotta grind a week for.
But the deck is pretty good even without igni geralt and decoy.

Necro_Man_Ser merged your topic into the existing NR deck strategies topic as they are highly related and there are several good suggestions here. Also, add one vote to Radovid control decks currently being the hardest NR decks to play against.

Last edited:
your northern deck is broken and cheap and needs to be fix!!!!!!!!!!!! cards taken from a base value of 10 or lower can be taken up to 50 or higher copied with a adrenaline rush and made gold but that's not the worst of it i mean it broken as well you guess @#$% no no no. then after the cards are turned gold they get a two point bonuses and then it gets WORST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the cards original value of 10 or lower is changed upon turning gold to whatever the last value is, in short a base of three is made into 50 or higher then adrenaline rush and then turned gold setting the boasted value of 50 or higher to its base value so even Dimeritum bomb can do no harm to it as it is not its base VALUE!!!!!!!!!!! pleases FIX the northern deck its is too broken. also has the strongest cards in the game and any gold cards of neutral kind is overpowered by the 2 plus points it receives!!!!!!!!!! ON TOP OF GOLD BEING MOSTLY UNTOUCHABLE!!!!!!!!!!! sure there are a few cards that can hurt gold but not the amount that the northern deck boast!!!!!!!!!! please fix or i will stop playing forever and i love this game and spent over 90$ on it. I'm not asking for special treatment just asking you to give other decks a chance please also your new medic rule hurts Skellige far more then it dose northern. i recommend no more 2 point buff to all golds and promote be made a sliver removing northern realms DECK to have the ability to use 3!!! commander's horn cards in effect!!!!! so one commander's horn two Dandelion three kill Dandelion then res as gold! this deck is too broken fix it!

I don't really think there is much problem with promote ... there is many way to stop buff + adrenaline + promote tactic. Just fix your deck or stop passing when u are playing against foltest with 7+ cards left.

Rawls;n7042670 said:
Necro_Man_Ser merged your topic into the existing NR deck strategies topic as they are highly related and there are several good suggestions here. Also, add one vote to Radovid control decks currently being the hardest NR decks to play against.

Cool.
Yeah the replies helped me a lot. Thanks!

Keymaker7;n7063050 said:
Laveley - I think we have met at the table ;) Nice golden strategy you have there, it was good game.

My NR deck is quite weak against the metta right now, but i'm glad if i gave you a good match! :)

No Title

Be careful with this strategy my NR fellows :D

Attachments

• photo83000.jpg
    photo83000.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 91
  • photo83020.jpg
    photo83020.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 90
most of the time i skip the first round unless I have the cow which I sacrifice in the first round, so even if it gets destroyed before end of round, I will have by then made the other play waste at least two to three cards, and ended up with its evolution, to which again if the other player wants that round and depending on what decks wiht what cards, they will have to take out 9 points to gain the lead......

Why we need this thread ? Its so simple buff > rush > promote that's it. 90% my NR opp. doing same :smiling2:

TH3WITCH3R;n7099200 said:
Why we need this thread ? Its so simple buff > rush > promote that's it. 90% my NR opp. doing same :smiling2:
Plenty of other strategies though like the medic, priscilla, turning the bloody baron silver and reviving him to double up on medics etc. Gotta love the Kaedweni sergeant aka "The Borch killer" its such a great feeling when you see the enemy borch use its ability on itself haha.

gamingdevil800;n7099280 said:
Plenty of other strategies though like the medic, priscilla, turning the bloody baron silver and reviving him to double up on medics etc. Gotta love the Kaedweni sergeant aka "The Borch killer" its such a great feeling when you see the enemy borch use its ability on itself haha.

The strategies you are talking is the same once. only difference in troops to buff > rush > promote :)

TH3WITCH3R;n7099360 said:
The strategies you are talking is the same once. only difference in troops to buff > rush > promote :)
I'm trying to get by without promote cause I have a feeling its going to get a serious nerf. Still winning most of my games really cant decide between foltest and henselt though.

gamingdevil800;n7099370 said:
I'm trying to get by without promote cause I have a feeling its going to get a serious nerf. Still winning most of my games really cant decide between foltest and henselt though.

ohh great.. I really appreciate that.

Top Bottom