Northern Realms isn't broken at all...

+
Northern Realms isn't broken at all...

Attachments

• photo77130.jpg
    photo77130.jpg
    376.5 KB · Views: 57
Virtually every NR deck you play against is going to be a Buff-Promote deck. Plan accordingly.

you can pull that same crap with Monster breeder deck. ridiculous numbers are not exclusive to just Northern Realms

no matter u pass or not NR is way to op.. 2day 1 oop. buff Roach card & then he made it gold :/ NR is the only deck i think have full control on offense & defense with those reinforced trebuchets, medics, promote, copy & specially with Phillipa

Miralita;n6936530 said:
Also, everything is "fine" with Scoia'tael...

I don't understand the problem? Do you not have access to weather or Scorch as an NR player? Even the soon-to-be-nerfed Philippa will probably remain a buff/row investment hate card.

Hawker Support (A) has a low base strength of 2 and is vulnerable to a variety of neutral and faction-specific disruption cards, (B) quickly becomes an easy target for Scorch, Igni, Borkh Three Jackdaws, (C) is vulnerable to weather, and (D) cannot be promoted except via Nature's Gift or Aglaïs.

NR buffing on its own isn't a problem. Every faction has answers to buffing strategies. However, not every faction has answers to buffing original strength via promotion or dealing with promoted units. "Overpowered" cards like Priscilla and Philippa are just icing on NR's options.

Vellax;n6932620 said:
Virtually every NR deck you play against is going to be a Buff-Promote deck. Plan accordingly.

I would say its considerably less than that nowadays, like under 25%. The buff-promote deck is so painfully obvious because it takes so long to build up. Every single deck needs a card to prevent over-buffing, whether its D. Bomb, Scorch, Weather, etc. The buff-promote deck is so formulaic in how it builds up that so long as you have one card to prevent an overbuff like this you turn the match from a very probable loss to a guaranteed win.

kapusta23;n6933890 said:
Your fault. Shouldn't have passed so early against northern realms.

See my hand? I didn't get d-bomb or any drawing cards in my opening hand, so passing was my best option. I only drew Ermion and Svanrige in the second round by which point it was too late. Also, the fact that you should never pass against NR in the first round is a disadvantage in itself, especially since I play Skellige.

Sure other decks can build up high scores, but none can go into the second round with 300 in gold like NR.

The best thing about Gwent is the bluffing and deception. NR does not require any of that nor is it affected by it. If the opponent doesn't get the one card they need they lose. You basically play it on autopilot and win more often than not. That's why NR is the only faction I have an issue with: it's the equivalent of a rush deck in Hearthstone, requiring minimal effort to win if the opponent doesn't have their removal cards.

Last edited:
Mhm. That's why I firmly believe that my deck needs to be capable of adapting to the opponent. I've plenty of nukes in my deck (DB Archers, Thunders, Lacerate, Traps, ...). If I see one of those Foltests, I sure as heck try to get those nukes into my hand.

If I see a monster, I swap out those nukes and get other cards instead.
If I see a scoia, I keep a mix.
If I see a skelliger, I am not entirely sure. :p

Works well enough.
Northerners hate me (very high rate of "no GG" givers amongst them.)

Even if you firmly believe that unit cards are better than special cards... Skellige does have some nuke units, too.

Scoia'tael is good in offense but weak in defense if you have scorch or weather cards then u have win chances but against NR once they promote u have no chance plus even if you are leading in strength Phillipa makes sure that you will loose at last no matter how hard you try.

When 1st I saw NR strategy I really like it & I used all cloth to craft required NR cards & my win rate is almost over 90% even sometimes players are quits the game just because Opp. is NR but then after playing a while I realized that NR is the most boring & brainless strategy deck then other which keeps repeating the same strategy oven & over so I mill all cards & now I am trying Skellige & Scoia'tael

Sorry No Offence to NR players.

Last edited:
I play nothing but NR and no I am not a TB @#$. I win about 64% of my matches. The problem I have run into in other people useing The TB card aginst me. That card is OP if the person knows how to play gwent right they will spawn 3x TB at the start of round one, doing 2 damage per shot every 2 turns. So I usually knock those three down. Then one of two things will happen they will res all three if they pulled 3x medic cards and continue to shell my cards and win the match.

​What I am seeing more of now is people will use the 3x SU card with a +2 strength then the +2, +2 on what ever two cards they want which are there precious TB so there carpet bombers are not taken out, LoL! What needs to happen is one of two things the TB card has a limit of 2 per deck or the damage is done every 3x turns and not evey 2x turns. Either way it needs some kind of fix done quickly. NR is a great deck but the TB build gives a unfair advantage to its user.

exie;n6938270 said:
See my hand? I didn't get d-bomb or any drawing cards in my opening hand, so passing was my best option. I only drew Ermion and Svanrige in the second round by which point it was too late. Also, the fact that you should never pass against NR in the first round is a disadvantage in itself, especially since I play Skellige.

Sure other decks can build up high scores, but none can go into the second round with 300 in gold like NR.

The best thing about Gwent is the bluffing and deception. NR does not require any of that nor is it affected by it. If the opponent doesn't get the one card they need they lose. You basically play it on autopilot and win more often than not. That's why NR is the only faction I have an issue with: it's the equivalent of a rush deck in Hearthstone, requiring minimal effort to win if the opponent doesn't have their removal cards.

Then make sure you have those removal cards in you hand buy adding more of them to your deck. Aside from D-bomb and scorch all of my decks have at least 1-2 Alzur's Thunders, 1-2 Manticore Venoms and 1-2 wounding units and I have little to no problem dealing with NR or Hawker support Scoia'tel deck.

No Title

Check the screenshot. I just encountered the most OP deck ever. First turn he played Baron which summonned Roach, Then Regis. Then he buffed roach and promoted it (WTF) and spammed Reinforced Trebuchets I was simply overwhelmed. My Skellige discard deck is built around building card advantage and by round 3 he was 3 cards ahead, simply because his cards were so strong!! Look at my screenshot and that was AFTER a d-bomb, his golds are immune!! AND he still had 3 cards!!

That deck was truly unbeatable. Weather, scorch, removal none of them could touch this.

Attachments

• photo77530.jpg
    photo77530.jpg
    378.1 KB · Views: 58
exie;n6939270 said:
That deck was truly unbeatable. Weather, scorch, removal none of them could touch this.

hahaha I can understand your pain. I have no problem with those firing RT but main problem is promote as once they are gold you can't do anything against them :(

andytenshi;n6935820 said:
you can pull that same crap with Monster breeder deck. ridiculous numbers are not exclusive to just Northern Realms

Monster breeder deck can be countered far more easily. HUGE difference between cards that are gold and cards that are not.

I have to say, I've never lost to NR promote now that I have a competent weather monsters deck. The one single promote tell is that a NR player will get greedy and use foltest's ability right before trying to promote (Every. Single. Time.) and you just have to drop weather right when that happens. With NR you have to aggressively mulligan until you have weather/scorch/D-bomb and let them over-invest into the one unit, then punish. Never pass, and never start a round without removal (And if you don't have answers too often, rebuild your deck).

MrFloppyVII;n6948790 said:
I have to say, I've never lost to NR promote now that I have a competent weather monsters deck. The one single promote tell is that a NR player will get greedy and use foltest's ability right before trying to promote (Every. Single. Time.) and you just have to drop weather right when that happens. With NR you have to aggressively mulligan until you have weather/scorch/D-bomb and let them over-invest into the one unit, then punish. Never pass, and never start a round without removal (And if you don't have answers too often, rebuild your deck).

That's bcoz u r playing as a monster so u have weather advantage as well monster cards are not high in strength so phillipa is also not that useful but main point is not every one is playing with monster & every time you are not against NR as it's totally random.

Top Bottom