Northern Realms Lacks Control (After the NR Patch)

+
Greetings. I am a huge fan of my favorite faction - "North". I play only for her and I want to express my opinion about what this fraction is wildly lacking. After a recent patch, the “North” rose from the dead and I was extremely happy about it, but what did I see in the end? Striped Foltest and .... everything ?! Yes all! Because the "North" fraction works only on gain, this fraction is insanely lacking in control! I do not argue about the pace that can be implemented, but you still need to try to do it! My favorite hero is Her Majesty Queen Meva. I play only for her, but I'm wildly dissatisfied with the fact that the "North" faction just simply can’t fight anyone back!

The "North" faction is currently playable only on stripes. On amplifications ... 30% - victory, 70% - defeat ...

My request is that the developers hear my plea and add / strengthen control cards for the "North"!
There is very lack of damage ... I can only counter 3 enemy cards FOR THE WHOLE GAME! When the same nilfgaard - my worst enemy, can counter up to 8 of my cards and + leader and additional damage from siege vehicles.

What do you think, colleagues? I personally think that the North faction really lacks control.

Attachments

• s1200.jpg
    s1200.jpg
    322.1 KB · Views: 45
I wouldn`t compare NG and NR as both utilize different strategies:
- NG tries to disrupt other factions (especially current meta decks: Ardal and Usurper)
- NR tries to setup combinations, which currently Foltest achieves easiest

Hence it`s reasonable that NG has more controll related cards than NR.

Nevertheless, NR contains certainly quite strong controll cards, which easily can be included in current decks:
- "Falibor" (high value and can be used for cards like "Executioner")
- "Prince" (easy useable for Meve)
- "Vissegard" (easy useable for Meve)
- "Landsknecht" (easy useable for Meve)

If you want to include more direct controll (to disable 5pt. order cards) I would suggest spells: "Thunder".

Anyway against NG your only "hope" remains to bait "locks" and time important combinations well.
For Meve the current meta is sadly quite a pain :shrug:

The whole point of NR is to be a faction with lots of synergies, engines and huge setup. Easy control options would pretty much be the opposite of that and would undermine the whole faction concept.

And as said above it isn't the case that NR hasn't got any control options, they are just either more costly or need more setup. And additonally there are all the neutral cards for that purpose. The player has just to sacrifice some synergies to include them.

So, yes NR lacks control and that is pretty great.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Disagree with OP. First of all, NR isnt supposed to be a control faction, like it's been already said. Despite that, it still has many control possibilities, and after the patch, it probably has even more:

-Got a better Falibor
-Got a better Bloody Baron, for resets
-Still has Prince Anseis and Seltkirk
-Still has charge archetypes, whether it's machines, Arbalests or mages, which can do tons of damage

-Lost a 4Dmg Ves (still does 2 Dmg)
-Lost deadly Foltest Pride and Kiyan. However Foltest Pride is harder to remove and has Zeal, so it might even be argued that is better now

Regarding NG... well it is supposed to counter NR, since NR is the engines faction

Top Bottom