Northerners arent so bad... they are just weird

+
Northerners arent so bad... they are just weird

There you go guys. I just hit rank 14 with this deck. NR too weak? Nahhh cant really say that. Aside from having to play Foltest turn one he is the bomb.

The Deck:

http://imgur.com/a/xGLup

The Proof:

http://imgur.com/a/IFImH

Before you argue how thats not a deck go build it yourself understand it then enjoy some wins and then you can come back and argue about how the other NR leaders are bad but Foltest is top tier!

Last edited:
I love this. A guy who figures out how to master his deck instead of complaining about every damn thing. How many people will come on here to say, "25 cards are better... wahhhh!" even though you've maximized how this particular faction works.

Kudos, Sir.

Last edited:
Great deck thank you for sharing - wondering what Golden cards you would suggest instead Triss and Regis Vampire (I haven't these) Thank you.

40 cards is crazy talk..but maybe that's intended ?

seems you found something that works ..but 40 cards ?

Your right ..thats wierd

but congrats :hatsoff:

Dear God... how much deck thinning is there?
3 commando
2 pfi
3 adepts
1 thaler
2 dijistra
1 ves
3 reaver scouts
3 cavalry
1 reinforcement
3 medics (I assume you shuffle in some of the self thinning back?)

Did I miss any?

Last edited:
Tschjo;n8787070 said:
Before you argue how thats not a deck go build it yourself understand it then enjoy some wins and then you can come back and argue about how the other NR leaders are bad but Foltest is top tier!
Ha-ha. Thank you sir for bringing the deck which will make everyone cringe when they see that 40 cards number. The first reaction will be like "naaah it will not work".
But what should I say is that though there is a tendency of bringing units with same power on same row and trigger Gigni or scorch.... the amount of power this deck produces is just insane.
Never played it myself but the first time I witnessed three scouts drop on the field after I passed with 8 power each I was like LOLWUT.
Just insanely fun. Have a reply man.

SHALLAHJUSTICE;n8789390 said:
NR are boring and predictable. They have no pizazz as a faction and the reaver hunters are poision.

Monster: weather or devour
NG: reveal or spy
Skellige: queensguard or morkvarg
SC: traps or dwarfs

Yeah, NR is predictable, you have no way to figure out what other factions will most likely use.:facepalm2:

MrRagdoll;n8789450 said:
Monster: weather or devour
NG: reveal or spy
Skellige: queensguard or morkvarg
SC: traps or dwarfs

Yeah, NR is predictable, you have no way to figure out what other factions will most likely use.:facepalm2:

Obviously there all predictable, but not all are boring.

My main point is how boring NR are stylistically.

They feel like a weak vanilla faction and their cards have no character, again, no pizzaz.

The same goes for monsters.

I scrapped my entire NR and monsters decks.

Gilthoniel;n8787970 said:
Great deck thank you for sharing - wondering what Golden cards you would suggest instead Triss and Regis Vampire (I haven't these) Thank you.

Regis Vampire solves the control matchups since you can just eat their win conditions. Triss is just a great power play with removal attached to fight off pescy bears and other relevant effect cards. Now that you know what they do you can figure it out right?

Something along the lines of Igni or Villentretenmerth (dangerous one though) instead of the vampire and instead of Triss you can play Vernon Roche or Keira Metz or even a gold weather. Heck even Shani is flexible and could be replaced by another value unit like Dijkstra or Dandelion as long as you add another anti weather scout cause her acting as a second clear weather spell is important.
Enjoy the deck!

Just started building a similar deck thanks to this topic (although with more special cards like thunder potions and Quen but nowhere near as many good golds and no cavalry) and I've just beaten a NG player playing spy + Tibor round 1 and round 3 (thanks to Renew).
Great fun!

I've also realised that Vernon Roche works extremely well with the Aretuza Adepts!

Last edited:
I was playing something like that on casual for the luls and winning a lot, tought it was a total fluke but maybe should give a try on ranked.... Analysing rationaly, the value on sargents and foltest you get having that many units and so many being 3 strg is just unmatched and having 3-4 chrone level tempo plays is pretty good.

I have just one question. Why the 4 weathers? 3 are not enough?

Congratz on rank 14 and on on being an inovator mate!

Thanks a lot mate <3

I run the 4 weathers so my adepts are online even if i draw one weather, shuffle one adept back with a medic and replay it or revive one with Shani. Having enough fuel to burn through is the key to this deck

Now I'm so split... I'm wondering if I should use my 400 scraps to complete such a deck... Or craft Olgierd + double cross for my Morkvarg deck (although I kinda like my deck without Olgierd honestly)... Or simply wait to craft Renew (I don't want to play RNR or Drought because I find them cheap and I think Renew is good in pretty much any deck, it punishes people playing Bork or Tibor too early and I can use Coral a 2nd time to get a nice swing in round 3... Or in NR, I can use Roche a second time).

I love that! I love seen things work when everyone else saying it's not. I definitely gonna try this out.

Can you provide a guide for playing the deck? I tried 5 casual matches with the deck but I just do not see how am I supposed to win consistently, my mulligans are usually a mess not drawing my thinners and the deck falls apart (at least if I am right) if you get a bad hand

Yeah the deck falls apart if the hand is really bad. On the other hand. You know you HAVE TO play the infantry on round 1 if you get 2 or 3 of these in your hand and you have to mulligan them.
For me what kills the deck is the lack of sergeants in the hand for round 1.

Mombamambo;n8804660 said:
Can you provide a guide for playing the deck? I tried 5 casual matches with the deck but I just do not see how am I supposed to win consistently, my mulligans are usually a mess not drawing my thinners and the deck falls apart (at least if I am right) if you get a bad hand

Sure no problem. Your worst cards to start a game with are Ves and the banner horsemen. Mull those first. The next step is to mull down to only 1 temerian infantry. Third thing you want to mull away are the blue stripes and nice to mulls but not have to are the weathers an adept is just so much stronger. Im playing 3 times rain btw now cause the worst matchup by far is SK morkvarg and rain is just better against it.

Anyway having a single blue strip in hand isnt all that bad cause you can often just play it to trigger trio in a lane where you played 2 other commando pullers. If you have double temerian infantry try to shuffle them back into your deck with medics so your second infantry can then go those shuffled back back.

The deck ofc has worse and better hands. But the only ones where you really fall apart are ones like 3 horsemen ves 3 infantry which is just not a likely thing to to happen just because by how large your deck is. In about 150 games i would say i only once had a hand were i was like sure this hand sucks and i cant win with it.

Later in the game you basically follow the same rule in terms of mulligans. Ves>horsemen>infantry>commando>weather ofc sometimes you might want to keep a ves cause you are down to 2 cards and the power is just more important. Those you have to figure out.

Btw the far worst matchup is SK morkvarg and Ciri. Ciri is broken when she is on the draw but thats a different topic;) NG control and spies are balanced matchups. SC control you can beat easily if your draws line up and when they are average its a good game where your sequencing matters a whole lot. You cant lose to other NR decks. I havent lost once in my last 15 games against NR which is quite the statement;)

Monsters is another matchup where rain is better. You need to pop those harpy eggs consistently and fast. Atm im going full greed cutting one weather for another anti weather scout.

The deck is quite deep and not as easy to pilot and even i make some mistakes still so dont worry to much if you lose your first few matches.

Yeah but you use weather, disgusting!

But in all seriousness I like it. I play NR because simply because I like them and I have a 40 card deck that's doing well. I'm still climbing because I just started. It's good except that the designers twisted hatred of units that have the same strength which still baffles me.

I'm gonna try out your deck (when I get a few more scrap to fill it out.)

P.S. What's the gold with one wing showing? I can't tell.

NerdExtrodinare;n8811800 said:
Yeah but you use weather, disgusting!

P.S. What's the gold with one wing showing? I can't tell.

Weather and banner horsemen is the only way NR can create tempo though so dont judge me^^

The gold card is Regis Vampire. I had to inlude Ciri now btw card is just too good should maybe have cut Shanni but shes best so yeah wont do that hehehe.

Top Bottom