Not a fan of the Caldwell/Kaedweni situation

+
So just played a game whereby the knight transforms Caldwell - fair enough. But then Necromancy can resurrect a TEN power Kaedweni from the graveyard. I'm not having that. Especially when I lose a game by two stupid points!

Guest 4344268

If NR plays Caldwell, you should remove or damage him as much as possible to limit the value. He gets "knighted" or Draugged 100% of the time.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
If NR plays Caldwell, you should remove or damage him as much as possible to limit the value. He gets "knighted" or Draugged 100% of the time.

Ah, that was precisely the issue. Most damage I could do was 5 - but when it goes to the graveyard, it reverts back to TEN power. So they used Necromancy to bring back the 10-power BRONZE Kaedweni, which is absurd. At best it should reset to 6, or more importantly - as it was "dead" in the first place - should be doomed.

Bloody CDPR, loopholes everywhere.

Jutta can be a 12 for 8, which has even more potential when ressed.

Anyhow, the Caldwell combo is pretty neat actually (and counterable). I like these little things. Same with Jutta and Dark Mirror.

Jutta can be a 12 for 8, which has even more potential when ressed.

Anyhow, the Caldwell combo is pretty neat actually (and counterable). I like these little things. Same with Jutta and Dark Mirror.

The Count is Count-erable how? Aside from hitting it with Geralt.

So just played a game whereby the knight transforms Caldwell - fair enough. But then Necromancy can resurrect a TEN power Kaedweni from the graveyard. I'm not having that. Especially when I lose a game by two stupid points!

I take issue with this as well. Or, well, not exactly this, but it was related. This unit is a 3 power unit! When converted it keeps the value it had before, which is perfectly fair. BUT, after the conversion, the "natural" value of the card should be 3.

I lost a game yesterday using Geralt Yrden in the end, trying to get two boosted Kaedweni down to their normal 3 value, just to realize 3 was no longer their natural value. I found that to be an unfair mechanic. Only a few cards can convert and change the "natural value".

But sure, not sure this should change, it would make NR even more underpowered. It seems all the good NR decks use either this tactic or the duplicate endlessly blue stripe commando. Boring. But in reality, this seems to be the only options.

DRK3

Forum veteran
That's a pretty original strategy, considering its possible to do it since HC 5 months ago and i never seen it and only read about it now.

Caldwell is best used in ways so you dont risk him changing sides, the most common are various MO consumes, but i liked to use NG's Alchemist to shift his 10pts to a small bronze unit.

I had never really found a good use for Kaedweni Knight, i guess this is it. I dont think the transformation itself is unfair, only the fact it becomes a bronze you can ressurect with a 7pt card for a super easy 10pts.

Monsters can get a 9 power ghoul from a dead griffin. Dead Stonetip can give 13 damage. Don't worry. CC will have a bomb that can banish such troublesome cards.

Every faction has own combos I don’t see this as an issue and this combo usually bricks because you need both cards in hand to do.

Every faction has own combos I don’t see this as an issue and this combo usually bricks because you need both cards in hand to do.

LOL - it doesn't seem to bloody "brick" against me. I've just seen Avallach put immunity on Natalis thanks to the new NR leader in one play. I quit before the round even got going.

Top Bottom