Not Able To Climb Ledges Help

+
Not Able To Climb Ledges Help

Anyone else not able to climb ledges?

For the most part, this is not an issue as geralt can clear whatever obstacles by jumping over them.

However there is a quest called "phantom of the trade route", at one point of the quest, to go to the waypoint, you need to climb a simple ledge. The ledge is too high for you to jump and there is no way but to climb it.

Interestingly, there was an earlier gameplay video of this exact quest at PAX East

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1emYqRdUsc @ 4.27

As you can see towards the end of the video, geralt is supposed to simply climb onto the ledge but i for one haven't been able to get him to do it no matter what i do. I've tried holding spacebar etc. all to no avail. He simply just jumps but does not hang and go beyond the ledge.

Anyone else experiencing this or able to climb ledges like in the video?

I had this issue during a mission in Aremas' hidden dungeon. At one point you have to jump and pull yourself up a ledge of broken stairs. After restarting the game a couple times and looking online, I couldn't find anything to fix it. The only thing that worked for me, was reverting to an earlier save and going back into the place. I was then able to climb up the ledge and finish the mission.

Hope this helps.

thanks earliest save is 12-13 hours ago. no way am i starting over :)
You should probably save more often. Also I don't know what platform you're on, but at least on the PC version it makes a new manual save every time a mission updates, or if you use fast travel to jump locations. You won't see them unless you hit the actual "load game" option, but they're there.

If you're on PC there is a solution, but it will not fix the bug.
I downloaded the console mod on nexusmode
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/m.../moddescription/?id=28&preview=&pUp=1#content

Then i used the command " spawnbarrel() " several time, and i managed to jump on the barrel, then on my platform.
As i said it's a solution, not a fix.
Also i continued the game after the quest where i was stuck due to this bug and i was able to climb again, for no particular reason.

Top Bottom