Not able to play expansions anymore?

+
Hello everyone, and Happy New Year!! If you can make a topic of this request, I'd be glad 🙂:)
I've been playing the Next Gen version of Witcher 3 on my PS5 since the update was available and I had a few technical issues with it.
But nothing compared to the most annoying one that I got today: I cannot play my saves anymore because I don't have access to "Hearts of Stone" and "Blood and Wine" anymore.
Context: I bought years ago the Expansion Pass and downloaded the DLCs on one account, and I play W3 on another one. I've never had any issue with it: I could play the DLCs on any account on both PS4 and PS5. I was even able to play them after the (not so?) free Next Gen update, but today it's not the case anymore.
I uninstalled and redownloaded the DLCs on the account where I paid for the Expansion Pass and I went back to the other account to see if it worked, but I'm still not able to launch my saves, because I did not buy the Expansion Pass on that account, which was never a problem before, even at the beginning of the Next Gen Update.
So now I'm not allowed to play my saves where the DLCs are installed UNLESS I buy the Expansion Pass for a second time on that account, and it's the case for the Next Gen version AND the PS4 version.
I don't understand where this issue comes from and why I'm suddenly being forced to pay again for something I've already paid for.
Could you please tell me if there's a way to solve this issue?
Thank you very much in advance🙏!! Have a wonderful day!

I don't understand where this issue comes from and why I'm suddenly being forced to pay again for something I've already paid for.
I guess the issue it's because on this account, you didn't paid for (knowing that you bought expansions on another account).
I don't know why it change, but I suspect it has more to do with playstation store than CDPR themself :(

I guess the issue it's because on this account, you didn't paid for (knowing that you bought expansions on another account).
I don't know why it change, but I suspect it has more to do with playstation store than CDPR themself :(
I would like to be sure if this issue has to do with PlayStation, like for example by seeing if other games have the same issue when the expension pass is bought on one account to be played on another.
Unfortunately, to see it by myself, I should download for hours tens of gigabytes for one game with paid DLCs from my library to see if that issue remains, and I'm not fond of this method :(
If someone who has on PS5 a game that is not W3 with a a paid expansion pass and several accounts could see if the DLCs are claimed as playable on the account that didn't pay for them, I would be extremely grateful!!
Or else, I'll do this on my own and download a whole game for the Experience™ lol
Thanks for your answer btw :)

I would like to be sure if this issue has to do with PlayStation, like for example by seeing if other games have the same issue when the expension pass is bought on one account to be played on another.
Unfortunately, to see it by myself, I should download for hours tens of gigabytes for one game with paid DLCs from my library to see if that issue remains, and I'm not fond of this method :(
If someone who has on PS5 a game that is not W3 with a a paid expansion pass and several accounts could see if the DLCs are claimed as playable on the account that didn't pay for them, I would be extremely grateful!!
Or else, I'll do this on my own and download a whole game for the Experience™ lol
Thanks for your answer btw :)
I guess you can ask directly to the support, they will answer you way better than me, for sure :)
(Contact Us button)
(Not sure how it work on Playstation, but I know it would be impossible to play a game and expansions bought on different account on Xbox)

I guess you can ask directly to the support, they will answer you way better than me, for sure :)
(Contact Us button)
(Not sure how it work on Playstation, but I know it would be impossible to play a game and expansions bought on different account on Xbox)
I just did!! Hope this will be fixed (cause the price of the game and its expansions have increased like hell since the Next Gen update :rolleyes: )
Thanks for your help!! :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom