Not afraid to change difficulties anymore .

+
Not afraid to change difficulties anymore .

First off this is not a rant but an inward observation of my usual gaming tendencies. I will be the first to tell you I like to play games on easy to get an unhindered play through and not getting your butt handed to you . My reflexes are not exactly fast enough to make up for any mistakes on a normal hard level in most games so easy/normal for me .
Where is this going you might ask ?
Well honestly not sure myself but here it goes . I played the Witcher2's first two play throughes on easy I know boo/ hiss . Then on the next few flopped back and forth on normal .Not satisfied really dieing very easy I felt I was missing something because of flopping back and forth between difficulty levels I wasn't sure . Enters Dark Mode shaking in my boots I start this puppy up . Mind you I am almost done with chapter 1 and have been swearing my way through it . Here it is it seems to be a more rewarding experience so far each fight feels like an accomplishment . What I was missing was the dynamic interactions though playing on easy . Shield and sword work from enemies or blocking from some creatures . Honestly it is kind of a thank you I like this little touch of change in combat mechanics across the difficulty levels sort of extra content for playing harder level instead of just dieing easier . You have the tools to live and you have to use them . I would not of tried a hard level if it weren't for Dark Mode thanks to CDPR for drawing me out like an Arachas . I have a new respect for you , you didn't just make it hard but made it rewarding as well . Thank you

Actually thanks should go to you as well . For not being hindered enough to not try different levels of gameplay . Harder levels do make us a better player even though we may die quite a bit . Kudos to you for not giving up !

I've probably put over 50 hrs in the game so far, trying to carve out my own approach to combat, and I still have a lot to learn. TW2 rewards players willing to put the time in and experiment.

Kudos for trying something different and actually enjoying it. This game rewards those who allocate time and effort to it.

Thanks ... the praise should go to CDPR for I probably wouldn't have tried anything else if it weren't for Dark Mode . I think what they have done with difficulty level was top notch though you try it and it is like getting extra content . The fights are harder but you have to plan them . This is not like other games where it relies solely on how fast you can pull the trigger or evade getting hit .
This goes without saying you get penalized for your own stupidity if you rush headlong into a fight . The enemies are more natural they block your attacks without being invincible to attack though you need to find away around it . I am enjoying how complex yet simple this game is . To use Shreck's terminology this game is an onion it has layers . The story line is amazing alone but it isn't until you play different levels you see how the game play is layered as well . I should be well into chapter 2 this weekend I am looking forward to every frustrating moment of combat because it feels like an accomplishment .

dmcaldw said:
Thanks ... the praise should go to CDPR for I probably wouldn't have tried anything else if it weren't for Dark Mode . I think what they have done with difficulty level was top notch though you try it and it is like getting extra content . The fights are harder but you have to plan them . This is not like other games where it relies solely on how fast you can pull the trigger or evade getting hit .
This goes without saying you get penalized for your own stupidity if you rush headlong into a fight . The enemies are more natural they block your attacks without being invincible to attack though you need to find away around it . I am enjoying how complex yet simple this game is . To use Shreck's terminology this game is an onion it has layers . The story line is amazing alone but it isn't until you play different levels you see how the game play is layered as well . I should be well into chapter 2 this weekend I am looking forward to every frustrating moment of combat because it feels like an accomplishment .

Yep. Leading a pack of nekkers into the waiting maw of an endrega is priceless too. I love this game.

Darspiron said:
Yep. Leading a pack of nekkers into the waiting maw of an endrega is priceless too. I love this game.

In my current playthrough, I was in mid-fight with the second endrega queen when she suddenly turned away - a nekker was attacking her. I defeated the queen so easily thanks to my unexpected ally! It's these little moments that make the game truly amazing.

(Yes, I killed the nekker)

dragonbird said:
In my current playthrough, I was in mid-fight with the second endrega queen when she suddenly turned away - a nekker was attacking her. I defeated the queen so easily thanks to my unexpected ally! It's these little moments that make the game truly amazing.

(Yes, I killed the nekker)

In certain spots you can lure Endraga's into a Nekker nest. then just stand back and lob bombs as they kill each other.

Top Bottom