NOT AN IMPROVEMENT i.e REVERT? What is your Favorite 1.3 Patch "Break"?

+
More "Neon" does not constitute improvement. - Looking through the very lengthy patch notes, note: I have completed the game with all builds and character life paths, to lend any credibility to this proceeding list of "critiques" - "additional note" Know this... a critique is different than a criticism.

Pre-Order customer - waiting for this came for 30 years and had hopes and wishes since table top and books which authors I will not mention here as that is irrelevant.

Knowing this is a video game and not the table top is obvious. I've gamed since the voo-doo original on PC and prior.

To whom it may concern:

I love the game. It works and WAS ACCEPTABLE.

Prior to patch: Could finish the game and through the help of third party forums and walkthrough's HAD A GREAT TIME!
Emphasis on the word "HAD" . HAD a great time. And looked forward to any expansion or DLC etc.

ATTN: A reskin of one character, and one in game purchase vehicle is NOT DLC. Additional missions etc. Are industry standard.

Thanks for the driving map... should have been noted earlier, but has been remedied, That is an improvement. A PATCH. Not a DLC.
AM I YOUR GAME TESTER?

This is a PATCH. Call it a Patch. And revert the below for immersion.

Currently:
1) Floating material and characters has been VASTLY IMPROVED! I see floating objects that are collectible and non collectible.
(before)_ There were some items very few that were floating, and some you couldn't pick up and just simply could be ignored I'M NOT PICKY!
It's a video game and video games have glitches "BIG DEAL" ... and we have improved on that however it seems to pander to whom? People who have abandoned and aren't playing the game? I know a lot of work has gone into this... and appreciate the "work" towards a better experience - DO YOU HAVE GAME TESTERS?! If not why not? Is the end customer the tester or client? Am I/we still playing this seen as your free testing base?

2) Floating cars? YES WE ALL WANT FLYING CARS!
Not floating. This is immersion breaking again... BRING THE FLOOR BACK UP! It was FINE. Now it's preposterous.

3) Weapons not Firing. WHY? Why... how does this happen?

4) Characters in mission have their items glitching and stuck to their hands and looks asinine.

5)Dialogue. SOME KEY DIALOGUE. Which was FINE. Has been removed. In Game dialogue between NPC's make a dynamic world. If someone is offended, that is THEIR PROBLEM. The game in my opinion... is to BE offensive.
5a)This "World" IS a WARNING according to Mr. Pondsmith. Leave it as such. As intended. IMPORTANT!

Please players!
Add to this. Game crashing now?
Characters driving in the ground with no vehicle?
Duplicate people for a thicker population?
CAN I REVERT? NO? WHY NOT.

What is your Favorite 1.3 Patch "Break" and immersion destroying experience?

More "Neon" does not constitute improvement. - Looking through the very lengthy patch notes, note: I have completed the game with all builds and character life paths, to lend any credibility to this proceeding list of "critiques" - "additional note" Know this... a critique is different than a criticism.

Pre-Order customer - waiting for this came for 30 years and had hopes and wishes since table top and books which authors I will not mention here as that is irrelevant.

Knowing this is a video game and not the table top is obvious. I've gamed since the voo-doo original on PC and prior.

To whom it may concern:

I love the game. It works and WAS ACCEPTABLE.

Prior to patch: Could finish the game and through the help of third party forums and walkthrough's HAD A GREAT TIME!
Emphasis on the word "HAD" . HAD a great time. And looked forward to any expansion or DLC etc.

ATTN: A reskin of one character, and one in game purchase vehicle is NOT DLC. Additional missions etc. Are industry standard.

Thanks for the driving map... should have been noted earlier, but has been remedied, That is an improvement. A PATCH. Not a DLC.
AM I YOUR GAME TESTER?

This is a PATCH. Call it a Patch. And revert the below for immersion.

Currently:
1) Floating material and characters has been VASTLY IMPROVED! I see floating objects that are collectible and non collectible.
(before)_ There were some items very few that were floating, and some you couldn't pick up and just simply could be ignored I'M NOT PICKY!
It's a video game and video games have glitches "BIG DEAL" ... and we have improved on that however it seems to pander to whom? People who have abandoned and aren't playing the game? I know a lot of work has gone into this... and appreciate the "work" towards a better experience - DO YOU HAVE GAME TESTERS?! If not why not? Is the end customer the tester or client? Am I/we still playing this seen as your free testing base?

2) Floating cars? YES WE ALL WANT FLYING CARS!
Not floating. This is immersion breaking again... BRING THE FLOOR BACK UP! It was FINE. Now it's preposterous.

3) Weapons not Firing. WHY? Why... how does this happen?

4) Characters in mission have their items glitching and stuck to their hands and looks asinine.

5)Dialogue. SOME KEY DIALOGUE. Which was FINE. Has been removed. In Game dialogue between NPC's make a dynamic world. If someone is offended, that is THEIR PROBLEM. The game in my opinion... is to BE offensive.
5a)This "World" IS a WARNING according to Mr. Pondsmith. Leave it as such. As intended. IMPORTANT!

Please players!
Add to this. Game crashing now?
Characters driving in the ground with no vehicle?
Duplicate people for a thicker population?
CAN I REVERT? NO? WHY NOT.

I have the "revealing position" bar frozen and persistent if I kill all the enemies before my position is revealed. Only way it will go away is if I save and reload.... That's really nice!
Post automatically merged:

And when I take control of network camera there is no indicator to show which camera I am currently viewing. The camera icon used to turn red, not anymore.

How about this?

Attachments

• 2021-08-25_2136_1.png
    2021-08-25_2136_1.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 165
  • 2021-08-25_2136_2.png
    2021-08-25_2136_2.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 182
Last edited:
Now when you hack a camera. YOU CANNOT SEE WHICH CAMERA YOU ARE ON! Very helpful!

Attachments

• can not see what camera im on.JPG
    can not see what camera im on.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
I always played with the option "slow hdd mode=on" , because with this option enabled, I gain a lot more fps, after patch 1.3, with this option enabled, when I'm driving the car, some buildings don't load...
IMG_20210824_173535.jpg

I don't know if this is a patch-break/regression or whether it was just never fixed.

As of 1.3 I'm starting a second playthrough. My first was as a streetkid sandevistan pistols solo. This time around I'm playing a corpo stealth/netrunner. I'm pretty early in the game, doing "The Pickup" (getting the Flathead). I've just fought the two Militech mechs at the end of that mission (actually, hacked them whilst undetected) and now the final door out of the building is stuck closed.

Jackie clips through the door and tells me to go to the gate to continue the conversation and progress the mission, but I'm stuck/locked inside the building and that door won't open. I've tried reloading saves and it still won't open. The next thing to try is to go further back with saves and repeat that mech-boss-fight to see if the door opens that time. Otherwise that's it, I'm stuck and can't progress that playthrough anymore (short of reloading a save that predates the start of that mission).

On my first playthrough I just shot my way out of there fighting against Maelstrom, so I never fought the Militech bots that time around. That's why I don't know if this is a regression or just never-fixed (but I didn't experience it).

Annoying, because on my first playthrough (1.2) I didn't hit any game-breaking issues anywhere near this serious.

"NOT AN IMPROVEMENT I.E REVERT? WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE 1.3 PATCH "BREAK"?"

One of my favorite mods, Big Breach Protocol broke. Now have to do with an external 3rd party mod. Hope BBP gets fixed. Was very used to it.

The very nature of this thread signals to me that you suffer from quite a bit of issues. Sorry for that, but the only way for them to get acknowledged, gets to look at, and or fixed, is passing them on individually to CDPR Support.

This thread will never ever help you achieve that, simply because it's not the official way to reach the devs.

Last edited:
Just finished the 2nd race with Claire in Beast in Me. After the race I opted to ride with her back to her garage. Along the way there was a radiation team and truck in the middle of the road inspecting something and Claire drove right through them all. Would have been cool had there been collision, but we just passed through them like we were ghosts...

Not fixed in 1.3:
Crowds with no AI and clones, still no tram ride, still can't pick up certain things, police still braindead (can drive yet?), still can't change certain keybindings, in cockpit car view still terrible, can't preview clothes, clothes as armour, no 3rd person cutscenes, music loudness levels still terrible (dialogue drowned by club music) - just started a new game so only an hour or so in...
Did y'all just fix the easy stuff?

EDIT: Still no walk for K&M users...

Last edited:
For me 3 breaks here on PC:
1) Massive increase in duplicate NPC's. Just everywhere I go: 2 to 8 the same NPC's doing their stuff.
2) Footstep sounds of V are disappearing way more often now
3) Jump height with Fortified Ankles has been reduced. I am almost sure this was done on purpose to restrict the players ability to go there it was not intended to go. Iaw: CP was not intended to really roam around

Triplet/quad/quint and more wandering NPCs: dunno why they did it, but they reduced the variety of people walking around. My record so far is seven exact duplicates at once walking around in front of me on the street.

Sunken cars: Thought they fixed this... nothing like seeing cars half-imbedded in the asphalt.

Getting auto-located every time I hack people: every group now seems to have a dedicated netrunner who pings me, even though they never show up when I search for them.

Getting auto-located every time I hack people: every group now seems to have a dedicated netrunner who pings me, even though they never show up when I search for them.
It's not a "hack" from a netrunner (the only hack you can possibly receive from an hostile netrunner is Overheat). It's the same "progress bar" for many things in the game, like founds transfert to Gary, Datas transfert to Misty,...

It's like that since day one. You have a chance to being located (by any enemy, whatever if it's a netrunner or not) when you use an offensive QH (Short Circuit, Overheat,...). The only way to avoid to be located when the progress bar is launched, it's to kill all the enemies in the area before the progress bar is completed (or with luck kill the one linked to the progress bar).
But they greatly increased the chance in 1.3 (little nerf of netrunner build). If you want to stay discret, you must not use any offensive QH :)

Little "free" tip :
If the progress bar is completed, you enter in combat mode obviously. But if no enemies have seen you (enemies icons still blincking on the minimap), remain discreet and normally after a few seconds, you will exit combat mode. The enemies stay alerted, but don't know where you are.

Last edited:
For me 3 breaks here on PC:
1) Massive increase in duplicate NPC's. Just everywhere I go: 2 to 8 the same NPC's doing their stuff.
2) Footstep sounds of V are disappearing way more often now
3) Jump height with Fortified Ankles has been reduced. I am almost sure this was done on purpose to restrict the players ability to go there it was not intended to go. Iaw: CP was not intended to really roam around
"Iaw: CP was not intended to really roam around" - yeah it feels that way sometimes. This one was a big disappointment. It made all the sense one legware allows to even change direction mid-jump (double jump) and one would be made in one go but jump higher. I for one loved the later and almost always used it instead of the double jump.
Besides as you say it closes some doors on the exploration which is one of my favorite things in the game :(

the nerfed ping that, as it wasn't enough, also absurdly (it is NOT an aggressive hack) alert all enemies destoyng any stealth, even if not aggressive, approach.

It amazes me how with each update they manage to go lower and lower both technical (graphics downgrade, new gltiches etc) and gameplay sides

the nerfed ping that, as it wasn't enough, also absurdly (it is NOT an aggressive hack) alert all enemies destoyng any stealth, even if not aggressive, approach.
Maybe you have Cyberware Malfunction, Cripple Movement or Weapon Glitch (in legendary) equiped on your Cyberdeck, it could explain why enemies are alerted with Ping or even Breach Protocol (it's appear in 1.2).

Top Bottom