Not enough space to save game?!

+
Not enough space to save game?!

It wont let me save..everytime I try it says "Not enough space to save game" even though i have about 60gb free ?How do i fix this?

liveinabox said:
It wont let me save..everytime I try it says "Not enough space to save game" even though i have about 60gb free ?How do i fix this?
on the drive where My Documents is ?

If you can answer that question, you will probably be able to find the problem.... "To Licaon"But the thing that bugs me down is that if his "My Documents" folder is at a customized location, how the heck he did not posted about crashing before ??? Did they fixed that in Either EE or patch 1.4 ?

Ive only ever used the EE version and 1.4. Are you only allowed a certain amount of saves in my documents? ive just deleted a load of em and its letting me save again now.

Many games have an arbitrary savegame limit to allow smooth operation of the game (having above a certain number may cause crashes). It is possible that this is no exception.

At 60 Mb, Windows would had sent you many messages saying you are low on disk space (usualy set around 200mb)How much free space do you have now ?

Witcher saves are quite large in size admittedly, so they add up :) Glad you got it sorted though.

Mobidoy said:
At 60 Mb, Windows would had sent you many messages saying you are low on disk space (usualy set around 200mb)How much free space do you have now ?
I only got 1 windows message saying i was critically low...But anyway now i've cleared out a load of old games and have 50gb free so hopefully it wont say it anymore.

yeah I use perfectdisk now and then...but this is really wierd its not sorted out. Can anyone explain this? I freed up loads of space to 50gb like i said. I played the game again and it seemed ok. BUT a few saves later and it comes up again?!? "Not enough space to save". So I check the HDD again and it says I only have 100mb free ??? :wall: I know I dont because I just removed/uninstalled about 50gb! And tbh I had alot more than that previously anyway, i was nowhere near that low on space so something is going on with this. I checked the save folder in my documents and theres only 600mb or so of save data in there so thats fine. So what the hell is going on? I install all my games in a folder called Games and I just checked that now and it says it totals 121gb which is impossible! I have about 7 games in there and they are approx 4gb each, the Witcher is 9gb. All the folders checked individually are fine and display the proper size, but when i select them all it says they total 121gb (my hdd is 150gb total). So if it totals 121GB where and what is this 90GB or so?! I have never had any problems on my laptop, and this problem is definitely related specifically to this game somehow and its saves. It seems like every time i save it adds an extra 10gb somewhere that i cant find! Also its started getting a bit choppy the game at times which is no doubt because apparently i have no free space...So how do i fix this little problem any ideas?

liveinabox said:
yeah I use perfectdisk now and then...but this is really wierd its not sorted out. Can anyone explain this?
what aplications are your running? any backup ones? antivirus?

I am using Windows XP Pro with sp3 and all the updates. as for applications running i have Nod32 antivirus and Sygate firewall. sometimes I close them while playing the game othertimes I dont bother. I also have ad-aware antispyware which is always on in the background. thats about it.

liveinabox said:
I am using Windows XP Pro with sp3 and all the updates. as for applications running i have Nod32 antivirus and Sygate firewall. sometimes I close them while playing the game othertimes I dont bother. I also have ad-aware antispyware which is always on in the background. thats about it.
try to play without any other application started ( disable and quit any application like firewall/antivir/etc )

I am doing that now and so far it seems ok. i have found the problem tho (hopefully) :) i had fraps running in the background sometimes and pressing F9 (quickload) is also the default key for capturing movies..I checked in the fraps folder and theres 90gb of Witcher movies! :wall:

Top Bottom