Not getting Quickhacks from Access Points

+
Has anyone tried using the cloud saves to edit a save on PC, fix the glitch, and then see if you can still use that save on console?

I've been playing on PS5 but it's only now that I'm level 39 that I realize that this glitch is ruining my character. I wasn't planning to go to 20 INT since I thought I could use datamine virtuoso to get the legendary quickhacks, so I was putting attribute points into tech for crafting. The plan was to end up with a character that was 18 Reflex, 16 Intelligence, 16 Cool, and 18 Tech. But if I can't use breach protocol to get the legendary quickhacks I'll have to go to 20 INT and all the points I put into Tech will be a waste.

I got the "Bug" in a strange way. I got the Ping from "the Gift"-Quest, changed the Quickhacks one by one (like taggedcattle mentioned earlier in this Thread) and all worked fine. Got green Quickhacks regularly from the APs).
I only got the Perks Mass Vulnerability , Mass Vulnerability Resistances, Advanced Datamine and Extended Network Interface. Nothing in the Quicikhack Tree.
At Street Cred 12 i changed my Cyberdeck to a Stephenson Tech MK 2, again changed Quickhacks one by one and all was good. I completed Watson (the Heist, all NCPD-Missions, all of Reginas Quests and the Cyberpsychos), got many green and blue Quickhacks.
Later in Japantown i have done 2 things ... I leveld up intelligence to 10 and got the Perk "Forget-me-not" from the Quickhack Tree. I got no Quickhacks anymore at this point.

Hey MR_75, is it consistent?

I mean, do you have a save before:
"Later in Japantown i have done 2 things ... I leveld up intelligence to 10 and got the Perk "Forget-me-not" from the Quickhack Tree. I got no Quickhacks anymore at this point."

As well as after? I've been trying to reproduce your bug, but haven't been able to. That doesn't mean it's not happening, of course, just that there might be a variable missing.

I'd be interested to see if, for instance, you got other quickhack drops (some enemies also drop quickhacks).

Alright, have not been able to reproduce the issue reported by MR_75 in my current playthrough either.

So, the way to avoid the issue on console stands as described here: link

Didn't found what failedShardDrops is responsible for but at my Jotaro save it was at 20-ish while on my main save it was 40-ish.
I know this is an old bug, but on PC there is a mod that fixes the root cause. The "failedShardDrops" is a counter that is supposed to gradually increase your chance of getting a QH from failed attemps - but due to a coding error, it can permanently prevent you from getting QHs. So with this mod there's no more need to manually edit the save (still not fixed in 1.62, thus why I needed this mod)

The Bug:

There is some logic in the game that tries (and fails) to increase your chances of getting a quickhack from hacking an access point, by 10% for every time you didn't get one before, and guarantee a quickhack for at least every 10 successful attepts.

However, there is a small bug in this code, that results in, not only your chances not increasing at all, but actually decreasing after a while, down to 0. After hacking 10 access points in a row and not receiving a quickhack, your character get a permanent -100% chance for getting quickhacks from access points (instead of the intended +100%), and has no chance of getting a quickhack ever again.

The Solution:

Fix the code, and make that -100% positive again. This will (hopefully) allow any character, that cannot receive quickhacks, to get them again. The next time you successfully hack an access point on such a character, you should get a new quickhack immediately (because of the +100%).

Top Bottom