Not getting Quickhacks from Access Points

+
I just tested how this bug works and so far it seems to have solved it for me. What I think is happening is that the game is counting incomplete buffers (filling out all the hex code slots on the cyberdeck) on datamining as a "failure" and not rewarding quick hacks. Requires others to test as well.

Method:
  • With Datamine Virtuoso (2) we can test for 100% chance to acquire a quick hack from an access point
    • Attempted a datamine with the default cyberdeck and was successfully acquiring quick hacks after hacking access points
    • Put point into Head Start (automatically gives you first daemon) stopped acquiring quick hacks
  • Upgraded cyberdeck to Stephson Tech Mk3 (anything with more buffer size) to test if multiple "successes" canceled acquisition of quick hacks while still using Datamine Virtuoso (2)
    • Attempted a datamine while only completing one daemon, did not acquire a quick hack
    • Attempted a datamine while completing two daemons and completely filling out the buffer, successfully gained a quick hack
The Head Start perk seems to count as a failure as well, possibly because we "didn't fill out the buffer with the correct hex code" as it was automatically given to you.
(was able to acquire quick hacks with Head Start while still completing a line of daemon hex code, new theory is that Datamine Mastermind is an additional culprit)

To make it easier to get quick hacks, use the default miltec cyber deck and only do one daemon

---edit more testing---

Also not getting quick hacks if I have the perk Datamine Mastermind. Doing additional testing.

---edit more more testing---

With every perk selected except for Datamine Mastermind I was able to acquire a quick hack with 20 Int and the Miltech Paraline while still having an empty slot in the buffer (only completed 3 hex code buffer as the per Compression made them all 3 string hex codes).

You cannot acquire a quick hack by simply having Head Start and failing to accomplish any other daemons.

You cannot acquire a quick hack if you have Datamine Mastermind perked as well

Going back to get a larger buffer size cyberdeck to do additional testing. This is all while having the "quest" quick hack ping in my inventory.

---edit last test?---
Was able to get a quick hack while having every perk except for Datamine Mastermind and using a large buffer size cyberdeck (Stephson Tech Mk3). Did not fill out all the buffer slots but completed daemon's 2 and 3 without errors.

Last edited:
I was watching a YT video on getting Legendary Quickhacks with the help of Datamine Virtuoso.

A commenter said that the reason why some players aren't getting any quickhacks is because of the quests "The Gift" and "Kold Mirage" where you get the Ping Quickhacks.

There's a video where zKarmaa tested that, the bug is more nefarious

You have to look into the comments of many "how to get legendary quichacks".

People are complaining enough.. The thing is, many dont know of this bug. Many think you need that INT 12 perk to get quickhacks..

Also if you would read the thread, since page4 its clear its not the ping quickhack.. Some guy tested many save games AFTER he got these 2 items and were able to get quickhacks from hacking.
Only after some random point (he got a call from a fixer) it stopped. It also didnt work, if he speced in a different order?!?! (just go to page 4).
I've been reading this thread for two fucking weeks mate haha, and check back daily. I never said he was right about the cause, but addressing the fact there is a bug is helping.
Post automatically merged:

I just tested how this bug works and so far it seems to have solved it for me. What I think is happening is that the game is counting incomplete buffers (filling out all the hex code slots on the cyberdeck) on datamining as a "failure" and not rewarding quick hacks. Requires others to test as well.

Method:
  • With Datamine Virtuoso (2) we can test for 100% chance to acquire a quick hack from an access point
    • Attempted a datamine with the default cyberdeck and was successfully acquiring quick hacks after hacking access points
    • Put point into Head Start (automatically gives you first daemon) stopped acquiring quick hacks
  • Upgraded cyberdeck to Stephson Tech Mk3 (anything with more buffer size) to test if multiple "successes" canceled acquisition of quick hacks while still using Datamine Virtuoso (2)
    • Attempted a datamine while only completing one daemon, did not acquire a quick hack
    • Attempted a datamine while completing two daemons and completely filling out the buffer, successfully gained a quick hack
The Head Start perk seems to count as a failure as well, possibly because we "didn't fill out the buffer with the correct hex code" as it was automatically given to you.
(was able to acquire quick hacks with Head Start while still completing a line of daemon hex code, new theory is that Datamine Mastermind is an additional culprit)

To make it easier to get quick hacks, use the default miltec cyber deck and only do one daemon

---edit more testing---

Also not getting quick hacks if I have the perk Datamine Mastermind. Doing additional testing.

With every perk selected except for Datamine Mastermind I was able to acquire a quick hack with 20 Int and the Miltech Paraline while still having an empty slot in the buffer (only completed 3 hex code buffer as the per Compression made them all 3 string hex codes).

You cannot acquire a quick hack by simply having Head Start and failing to accomplish any other daemons.

Going back to get a larger buffer size cyberdeck to do additional testing. This is all while having the "quest" quick hack ping in my inventory.

---edit last test?---
Was able to get a quick hack while having every perk except for Datamine Mastermind and using a large buffer size cyberdeck (Stephson Tech Mk3). Did not fill out all the buffer slots but completed daemon's 2 and 3 without errors.

Just reset all perk points and swapped to default cyberdeck. Tried 25 times without datamine virtuoso and didn't get any quickhacks, tried 25 times with datamine and still didn't get any. Doesn't fix for me (base ps4)

I've been reading this thread for two fucking weeks mate haha, and check back daily. I never said he was right about the cause, but addressing the fact there is a bug is helping.

Just reset all perk points and swapped to default cyberdeck. Tried 25 times without datamine virtuoso and didn't get any quickhacks, tried 25 times with datamine and still didn't get any. Doesn't fix for me (base ps4)

Was pretty confident it would work for others. Just to be sure, you tried it without Datamine Mastermind?

I initially tried it with just Virtuoso and slowly added other perks till it broke. Then I went in reverse and selected all the perks and removed the "broken" ones till it worked.

For sure though I was getting quick hacks with Virtuoso. Can't have "errors" when datamining though. So if you don't mind, test some more so I have someone other than just me getting results if possible.

I saved in front of a vending machine that gave datamining and added perks then reloaded to keep testing quick and easy.

Was pretty confident it would work for others. Just to be sure, you tried it without Datamine Mastermind?

I initially tried it with just Virtuoso and slowly added other perks till it broke. Then I went in reverse and selected all the perks and removed the "broken" ones till it worked.

For sure though I was getting quick hacks with Virtuoso. Can't have "errors" when datamining though. So if you don't mind, test some more so I have someone other than just me getting results if possible.

I saved in front of a vending machine that gave datamining and added perks then reloaded to keep testing quick and easy.

I had literally no perks, and then tried with only datamine virtuoso

So did more testing. I 100% of the time can get a quick hack by not having Datamine Mastermind and using Virtuoso...BUT...after that, subsequent datamines no longer reward any further quick hacks....will continue to test more and see if I can get it back. Maybe Virtuoso itself is bugged and only works once?

I have a level 50 character with 50 street cred that has the bug as well. I did not do the Ping mission so don't think it's the Ping mission that causes it. I did a lot of research on it and testing and share some of my thoughts in this video...

Cyberpunk - Legendary QuickHacks from Access Points Bug

I watched the entire video, which is really well made. Thank you. Perhaps one think that requires clarification:

If you exit out of breach protocol without a successful datamine and then attempt it again, all subsequent breach times will be halved. Can you confirm this is not responsible for the 36 sec breach time on your level 50 character?

With all the breach time perks you have up to level 14, I don't understand how your breach time is that low.

I have a level 50 character with the access point bug and a level 31 character without it. I have never been able to loot a quickhack on my level 50 character. I made 298 manual saves in 160 game hours and just picked out the earliest manual save with a nearby access point which was in Kabuki at level 4 and I didn't loot an uncommon quickhack in 20 attempts. Even on my bugged character, at level 50 I don't have breach time perks and the starting time is still like 80+ seconds.

On my level 31 character, I picked advanced datamining and datamine virtuoso as my first perks and was able to loot uncommon quickhacks from the first level 3 access points I encountered. So I had uncommon contagion and ping (not from The Gift) at level 4. The drop rate is quite high. Its almost 1 drop per access point and save scumming is only needed to get a specific quickhack (i.e. you want system reset and reload if you get whistle).

Last edited:
So did more testing. I 100% of the time can get a quick hack by not having Datamine Mastermind and using Virtuoso...BUT...after that, subsequent datamines no longer reward any further quick hacks....will continue to test more and see if I can get it back. Maybe Virtuoso itself is bugged and only works once?
This wouldn't have been such a prevalent issue if it required you to go down the Intelligence/Netrunner path as far as Virtuoso, I don't think. My bugged V did not have either, but grabbed Advanced Datamine 2/2 early as this was a commonly recommended "must have". He was also bugged early. Besides that, I almost always (a part from the start using a cyberdeck with too small buffer) completed all 3 daemons.

I would suggest focusing on Advanced Datamine/Datamine Mastermind as more likely culprits. My subsequent V did not invest in intelligence perks whatsoever and is not bugged.

Last edited:

Method:

---edit more testing---

---edit last test?---
I hope your "tests" was trying to hack at least 10 times for each case (if not even more).

You dont get always a quickhack. Its random. So if you only hacked 1 time and didnt get something, then this doesnt prove anyhing.

Also just to clarify I never got any quickhacks with INT at lvl10 and having these perks:
"Datamine Mastermind", "Mass Vulnerability: Resistances", "Big Sleep", "Almost in" (only 1/2) and "Advanced Datamine".

No virtuoso. No auto-daeamon applied. Yet, never gotten any quickhacks and I hacked every AP I encountered.

Last edited:
This wouldn't have been such a prevalent issue if it required you to go down the Intelligence/Netrunner path as far as Virtuoso, I don't think. My bugged V did not have either, but grabbed Advanced Datamine 2/2 early as this was a commonly recommended "must have". He was also bugged early. Besides that, I almost always (a part from the start using a cyberdeck with too small buffer) completed all 3 daemons.

I would suggest focusing on Advanced Datamine/Datamine Mastermind as more likely culprits. My subsequent V did not invest in intelligence perks whatsoever and is not bugged.

My bugged level 50 character did not take Advanced Datamine or Datamine Virtuoso at any point. My level 31 character took Advanced Datamine 2/2 as the first 2 perks and is not bugged. I then took Datamine Virtuoso 2/2 when I reached Int 10 at the start of Act 2 (to reduce the amount of save scumming required to get legendary quickhacks from the 6 access points in Gig: Serial Suicide).

I don't think its either of these perks but I'll see if I can find a bugged level 50 save where I have 4 spare perk points and see if I can loot quickhacks from access points.

My bugged level 50 character did not take Advanced Datamine or Datamine Virtuoso at any point. My level 31 character took Advanced Datamine 2/2 as the first 2 perks and is not bugged. I then took Datamine Virtuoso 2/2 when I reached Int 10 at the start of Act 2 (to reduce the amount of save scumming required to get legendary quickhacks from the 6 access points in Gig: Serial Suicide).

I don't think its either of these perks but I'll see if I can find a bugged level 50 save where I have 4 spare perk points and see if I can loot quickhacks from access points.
You need Int @ 12 for datamine virtuoso ;)
But as I wrote before, I neither got any quickhacks and never had it.

Sigh. Had it been as easy to locate any single bugged thing then I guess someone would have found out long ago. Considering this nasty bug got introduced with patch 1.06 I believe, likely they have a fix for the soon upcoming patch. A bit disappointed a hotfix wasn't released though.

I hope your "tests" was trying to hack at least 10 times for each case (if not even more).

You dont get always a quickhack. Its random. So if you only hacked 1 time and didnt get something, then this doesnt prove anyhing.

Also just to clarify I never got any quickhacks with INT at lvl10 and having these perks:
"Datamine Mastermind", "Mass Vulnerability: Resistances", "Big Sleep", "Almost in" (only 1/2) and "Advanced Datamine".

No virtuoso. No auto-daeamon applied. Yet, never gotten any quickhacks and I hacked every AP I encountered.

The tests were conducted multiple times and if I was able to reproduce a successful gain 3 times I counted that as a "positive".

I conducted all test with virtuoso in order to provide "100% chance for quick hack" in order to speed up the testing, but my next series will be without it.

As I mentioned, I can reliably get a quick hack for the first time I datamine with virtuoso, but then subsequent datamines on other nodes result in nothing, even though virtuoso is selected and should be providing 100% chance.

so my "test" were at last 10 times if not more, thank you.

Came back and did some more testing where the previously linked video was. So
I have a level 50 character with 50 street cred that has the bug as well. I did not do the Ping mission so don't think it's the Ping mission that causes it. I did a lot of research on it and testing and share some of my thoughts in this video...

Cyberpunk - Legendary QuickHacks from Access Points Bug

Went back and did some testing where this previously linked video was so it would have comparable data.

This character is one I did an experimental level 50 in watson before going to Victor with zero points put into any attribute, so it is a "clean" character at level 50 (did "some" open world stuff as I figured out where to level reliably at).

So far results are inconclusive. As previously reported I was able to reliably get quick hacks by using virtuoso, but subsequent data mines resulted in nothing after further testing.

This time I ran without any perks and logged how long it took to get a quick hack then I went to a second and third datamine node and tried again till success.

No Perks
  • 5 attempts (1st quickhack)
  • 3 attempts (2nd quickhack)
  • 4 attempts (3rd quickhack)

I then went back and learned the perk virtuoso and hacked the same nodes again. This time I tried different things while having virtuoso learned to see what affects the "100% chance" negatively.

Virtuoso
  • 3 attempts (1st quickhack)
    • Here I attempted to complete one daemon then cancel the datamine, resulting in no quickhack. Then I attempted to learn the first daemon again but purposely errored out the rest, also no quick hack. Third attempt I did it appropriately and completed the third daemon, which resulted in a quickhack.
  • 1 attempt (2nd quickhack)
    • I simply tested to see if I would get a subsequent success to see if I was bugged and finished the third datamine daemon for success
  • 4 attempts (3rd quickhack)
    • First attempt I finished third again for success, then went back and tried various things to "not" succeed. Ending the datamine on an error resulted in no quickhack. Finishing only the first and second daemon resulted in no quickhack. Starting with errors/null entries and then completing the third daemon resulted in successfully gaining a quickhack.
I did record this and I could upload to youtube for others to analyze, but I am loath to put any effort in narration or editing as I am not looking to start a youtube channel. Just let me know if interested and I'll toss it up for testing purposes and link here.

For now I am stopping but will test the other perks such as Mastermind and Advanced Datamine tomorrow or this weekend.

Last edited:
Patch 1.0 doesn't mention any fix sadly. At his rate my hope is on the research/modding community.

Patch 1.0 doesn't mention any fix sadly. At his rate my hope is on the research/modding community.

Bummer.
Anyone checked to see if it's an undocumented fix in the new patch?

Are they even aware of this issue? Doesn't seem like it, shoulda been hotfixed already. How do we make sure they know it's a problem?

Bummer.
Anyone checked to see if it's an undocumented fix in the new patch?

Are they even aware of this issue? Doesn't seem like it, shoulda been hotfixed already. How do we make sure they know it's a problem?
I noticed they removed an exploit in this patch, so the patch notes are not complete. A major bug like this one warrants a note though. Can't test for myself as I deleted my bugged save in disgust the other day.

I noticed they removed an exploit in this patch, so the patch notes are not complete. A major bug like this one warrants a note though. Can't test for myself as I deleted my bugged save in disgust the other day.
hey what exploit was patched , please elaborate?

Continuing from before on testing. I went through and tried Advanced Datamining, Datamine Mastermind, and both together.

Advanced Datamine
  • 3 attempts (first quick hack)
  • 8 attempts (second quick hack)
    • saw success loot message on third attempt, but nothing in inventory, last attempt with success was from third daemon
  • (was unable to do the third datamine due to my save being bugged with 1.1 patch and having takemura calling me all the time, ran back from an earlier save but the area isn't opened up to access the third node I was using previously)
Mastermind
  • 5 attempts (first quick hack)
  • 7 attempts (second quick hack)
Advanced & Mastermind

• 6 attempts (first quick hack)
  • 15 attempts (second quick hack)
    • on second and fifth attempt I saw a successful loot message, but nothing in inventory, concluded this was due to the quick hack looted was the same as one I already had in inventory. On 15th attempt I got a different quick hack to confirm I received a new item from the datamine.
So again, inconclusive on what is breaking it. What I have noticed is I am not getting rewarded a quick hack if I complete a deamon but end the datamine in error, as well as if I am finishing the first or second deaemon, there does not seem to be a reward of a quick hack I have seen so far.

I have not directly tested it yet, but it seems maybe only the tier 3 daemon will reward a quick hack? Unless someone can refute that.

Just wanted to provide a quick update that I did the 15gb update patch that just came out today and tested the access point again on my level 50 character that has the bug and the update/patch did not fix it. After trying multiple times on the same terminal and on another one, I still do not get the blue loading screen above the yellow loading screen as outlined in the video.

Awesome. Now we will have to wait another month or more for them to fix it.

I'm not generally one to kick and scream but this is ridiculous.

CDPR Giving studio wildcard a run for there money with the "let players test it for us approach". Community manager is too busy running photo contests on twitter instead of communicating with players to improve the game. I sent in a ticket a while ago for this with no response.

I can't believe so few of us are reporting this bug. People have just not realised. Two of my friends have the same issue but didn't realise until i brought it to their attention.

Top Bottom