Not getting Quickhacks from Access Points

+
To me technical is a great spec because it increases your armor while buffing your crafted armor and weapons with the proper perk investment. Unless you are set on a netrunner build, I've gotten a lot of value from tech than int because you can craft way more things for money and generate your own resources. 20 INT just to craft 1 copy of a legendary quickhack and tabula when you're done to respec is a gross overinvestment for my playstyle.

I would hold off on some of the moderate rating gigs until they fix the bug to get the remaining legendary quickhacks from 8-10 INT terminals.

i have 4800 armor w 0 points into tech. which is 4000 higher than you even need. and even with 0 points into tech, if you craft the uncommon variant of armadillo or any other weapon/armor mod, you still get epics. can see absolutely no reason to ever spec into tech.

20 into int also give you access to 25%crit chance and 50% crit damage ocular implants, which are 2 slots usually occupied by relatively pointless mods, like make all damage non-lethal and show grenade explosion radius (something the game does regardless)

I use the contagion quickhack all the time, but I was stuck with the epic version for a long time so I was always looking for the legendary version. This thread reminded me to check my cyberware inventory and I have the legendary version after all! I'm pretty sure this came from breaching an access point as I haven't seen any in the loot or bought one.

Needs more investigation I think, but again I'm on 1.0.4

I'm definitely not getting any quickhacks. 140 hours in, hacking every access point I see (I even have the perk that highlights them on the minimap) and I never had any epic or legendary ones show up (and I have 2 points in Datamine Virtuoso). And no, when I go to a vendor I don't have any other quickhacks that I can't see on the inventory. And as I said I even tested this reloading in front of a lvl 10 access point, none. The very few quickhacks I have I bought, or looted.
Post automatically merged:

Just want to add to this.

You actually are getting the hacks. You can test this by going to the sell screen in the automated selling spots. However, they do not show up in your inventory to equip. I have tried to sell the duplicates that I have gotten from breaching and then buying them back to see if they show up but they do not.

Someone pointed this out to me on a YouTube coment, but unfortunately, it's not the case. They don't show up in my inventory in the automated selling machines, nor vendors. I'm not getting any hacks through access points. I have played over 140 hours with my character, jacking into every access point I come across (I even have the perk that highlights them on the minimap since hour 50, or something) so theoretically I should have gotten multiple epic or Legendary quickhacks, but I never had any Epic or Legendary show up on my inventory. And the few Rare and Uncommon ones I have, I bought or looted. There are multiple videos showing how frequently you can grab Rare and Legendary quickhacks with Datamine Virtuoso and 12 Int in the higher lvl access points, so it's impossible for me to not have any after 140 hours and wasting so much time in these access points. Because of this, I used to think you could only get them through crafting, but after some online search I realized my character is bugged.

Last edited:
I'm glad that everyone can have access to epic armor mods without high tech. But to me, crafting legendary armor and weapons with rolls you want and their respective buffs is worth getting 18 tech. I wanna look good while slaying with max mod slots and best weapons available to me. If I decide to tabula my points and consider each attribute category's perks for redistribution, I can experiment tech weapons or attempt a euphoria witcher build with grenades. Whereas with the int perks, I still only have access to quickhacks and breaching. It doesn't change or open up new playstyles.

I can see the 16 INT perk for crit chance and damage from ocular is great. However, it is a serious investment into obtaining the possibility of crit hits from quickhacks when there are lower level perks to increase your crit hit damage from other sources that's already there.

This is not to take away from anyone's builds. Play the game however, you want and if you like your build cool.

Same, I thought it was because I didn't have Virtuoso so I leveled it twice and still nothing, what a waste of points.
I assume any recovered quickhacks are supposed to be listed under Legendary quickhack components recovered.

Edit, I'm still on 1.0.4 because things are running fine.
Second edit: you don't see duplicated quickhacks in the cyberware menu, but you do see them when selling, maybe we're getting them but not seeing them, because I always seem to have lots when I do remember to sell them, though i don't really keep track of ones I've picked up from enemies.

View attachment 11117135
Issue is - I was checking in sell menu, so, just as you said, if there were any duplicates, then I would've seen them. And there were none...
Post automatically merged:

Just want to add to this.

You actually are getting the hacks. You can test this by going to the sell screen in the automated selling spots. However, they do not show up in your inventory to equip. I have tried to sell the duplicates that I have gotten from breaching and then buying them back to see if they show up but they do not.
That's the thing - I know that dupes do not show up in Cyberdeck menu, so every time I've been selling trash at sell points or merchants I've been checking if anything has changed and nothing ever did. Later I even sold all Quickhacks to see if I get any at all - I've got none from hacking Access Points in a few hours.

I'm also not getting quickhacks from breaching access points and I am using the 100% increase perk. I'm breaching level 10 access points and not even getting common level quickhacks. This is over 2 hours of breaching with likely over 100 breaches already by reloading quicksave and breach, reaload quicksave breach. Something is either bugged or something I missed. I hope someone finds a solution for this. I don't want to spend 20 attribute points on Intelligence to craft legendary quickhacks.

I'm also not getting quickhacks from breaching access points and I am using the 100% increase perk. I'm breaching level 10 access points and not even getting common level quickhacks. This is over 2 hours of breaching with likely over 100 breaches already by reloading quicksave and breach, reaload quicksave breach. Something is either bugged or something I missed. I hope someone finds a solution for this. I don't want to spend 20 attribute points on Intelligence to craft legendary quickhacks.
Same here. Quite annoying.

Do you have a cyber deck equippedin your Operating System?

I noticed that if you do something in OS like the Sandvistan, you cannot hack access points.

Another avid gamer here with the same problem!

Balanced all my attribute points perfectly to get the build I wanted (thought I didn't need Level 20 to get Legendary Quickhack crafting), only to find out the Access Points are bugged for me too.

In case this problem can truly be fixed, my situation is Level 50/Street Cred 50, Datamine Virtuoso level 2 unlocked. In terms of quests, I have not touched "The Gift" quest, and the Nix quest ("Kold Mirage"?) is not even showing for me. nor is it in completed quests either.

Repeatedly hit APs multiple times (mixed Datamine successes, but usually focused on at least getting the third and final level), but NOTHING! This bug is so frustrating. Playing on 1.06 via PS5.

If anyone gets any further updates on the situation, I would appreciate any feedback! Thanks.

Another avid gamer here with the same problem!

Balanced all my attribute points perfectly to get the build I wanted (thought I didn't need Level 20 to get Legendary Quickhack crafting), only to find out the Access Points are bugged for me too.

In case this problem can truly be fixed, my situation is Level 50/Street Cred 50, Datamine Virtuoso level 2 unlocked. In terms of quests, I have not touched "The Gift" quest, and the Nix quest ("Kold Mirage"?) is not even showing for me. nor is it in completed quests either.

Repeatedly hit APs multiple times (mixed Datamine successes, but usually focused on at least getting the third and final level), but NOTHING! This bug is so frustrating. Playing on 1.06 via PS5.

If anyone gets any further updates on the situation, I would appreciate any feedback! Thanks.

Yeah this was happening to me. Go to a drop box and see if some show up in your sell menu. For some reason if you already have a quick hack it won't put a duplicate in your inventory. But it'll let you sell them.

Yeah this was happening to me. Go to a drop box and see if some show up in your sell menu. For some reason if you already have a quick hack it won't put a duplicate in your inventory. But it'll let you sell them.

Just checked my inventory at a sell point.

I have 7 rare Quickhacks (blue) and 3 uncommon (green) Quickhacks available to sell. On my cyberdeck, I have 6 Epic (purple) Quickhacks active which I'm pretty sure I either bought or crafted. All of these I'm pretty sure I had before I started hitting Access Points repeatedly over and over today, so no duplicates are showing.

I don't see any of the bugged 'Ping' Quickhacks with (!) in my backpack either, presumably because I haven't touched either of the quests which have messed this up for people.

Just really wondering what the hell has happened here! Ha

Hello, same Problem as you guys. Playing on a ps4. The ping with ! Messes up the entire quickhack item section. I already completed the Mission the gift as well. You cant sell or drop the item . This ping item prevents me from seeing or equipping my other quickhacks as well. I have over 30 quickhacks in the bag and while equipping it only shows 8 at best . If i select the ping in the backpack my game starts freezing nearly crashing. And i dont get new quickhacks from breaching. I hope someone have the solution soon cause this Bug messes up my playstyle and character build. Or hopefully the next Patch will do its job

It's the Ping you get from the mission "the gift" I've tested on two characters because it never loses it quest status it messes up datamine virtuoso hopefully they see this and fix it soon

Same here - In every version and every new game I play - I get one one of the first times I hack - then nothing ever again.

Have the same issue, I'm lvl 48 with not enough attribute points to invest enough to craft legendary quickhacks....so I guess I'll never get any except the one you get a crafting recipe for. Shame as I was stoked about finalizing my build perfectly (or so i thought) only to find out i was supposed to be getting quickhacks from access points the whole game, not just after putting points into data mine virtuoso. I'm hoping they fix it, but feel like if i progress the game further I'm going to miss out on opportunities to jack in to lvl 9/10 access points and have fewer opportunities to get them if they eventually do. I've tested every way to get red of the ping! Quickhack but there's no way. Frustrating as it shows you a prompt to drop it on screen but won't allow you to, cant sell it, cant put it in a cyber deck and sell or dismantle it, and can't upgrade it to a rare quality either. Unfortunately cant help other than saving others some time. If you've found your way here please share this around as there seems to be very little mention of this bug anywhere on the internet. Hopefully we can bump this thread up enough that it gets enough attention for it to be fixed.
Playing on base ps4 so problem exists on that platform as well :(

I know this probably is not the solution that most of you on here are looking for, however I felt justified in doing it and it worked perfectly and was very very easy.

I am the type that I want to play the game not using any glitches, exploits or cheats whatsoever. I have grinded to having about 500k eddies without using a single exploit... that being said, considering the amount of time and effort I put in to trying to acquire a single legendary QuickHack for my netrunner build, I felt that doing this was not cheating but simply getting what I know for certain I would have earned ages ago if not for this stupid glitch. I've spent nearly 100 hrs now, and grinded through countless high Int access points trying to get the Legendary Short Circuit to no avail because of this crap.

I went to Nexus Mods and downloaded the "Cyber Engine Tweaks" mod there and installed it so I could access the Debug menu. It's crazy easy to install. As soon as you open the debug menu in game, there is one simple command you type in and you immediately have whichever Legendary QuickHack you're looking for. Its literally 3 files you put in the CyberPunk2077 installation folder and your done.

Again, I know this is an exploit, however I would have had the hack I was looking for ages ago, and don't like being robbed of the build I am going for because of a stupid glitch that cant be fixed until CDPR decides to address it God knows when. As soon as I had the hack, I closed the game, removed the 3 files that allow the debug menu to be accessed, and boom... I'm playing cheat free again. Just throwing it out there for what it's worth...

Hello, same problem for me, I hacked loads of access points but getting no quick hacks from them lvl 23 atm.

So unless you get the perk, quick hacks themselves are rather rare, and increase with your int and what perks you pick. With a even with a 20 int and all the quick hack perks, maybe 1 in 3 to 1 in 5 give me a quick hack. It's also based on what level the access point is, though I'm not sure what they compare it too.

There's a rather long point in the middle of the game where you don't have the int or the perks probably, but the jacks are low enough that you can hack but high enough that you're not getting full quick hacks either.

Oh and you need to do all three quick hacks at a certain access point to even be given a chance to get a quick hack. Get 1 or 2 only and you won't get one.

Top Bottom