Not getting Quickhacks from Access Points

+
I was watching a YT video on getting Legendary Quickhacks with the help of Datamine Virtuoso.

A commenter said that the reason why some players aren't getting any quickhacks is because of the quests "The Gift" and "Kold Mirage" where you get the Ping Quickhacks.
Screenshot_20210102-021356.png

This had happened to one of my previous characters - no new hacks appearing from access points ever. When I created a new character (for unrelated reason) everything got fixed: I am getting heaps of quickhacks from breaching access points (on the new character). I am on 1.06, so this does not seem to be related to the hotfix version - or at least not directly.

Probably there is some point where obtaining quickhacks can get bugged, and once You are past one - thig stays bugged for the rest of the gameplay for impacted character. :(

I know this probably is not the solution that most of you on here are looking for, however I felt justified in doing it and it worked perfectly and was very very easy.

I am the type that I want to play the game not using any glitches, exploits or cheats whatsoever. I have grinded to having about 500k eddies without using a single exploit... that being said, considering the amount of time and effort I put in to trying to acquire a single legendary QuickHack for my netrunner build, I felt that doing this was not cheating but simply getting what I know for certain I would have earned ages ago if not for this stupid glitch. I've spent nearly 100 hrs now, and grinded through countless high Int access points trying to get the Legendary Short Circuit to no avail because of this crap.

I went to Nexus Mods and downloaded the "Cyber Engine Tweaks" mod there and installed it so I could access the Debug menu. It's crazy easy to install. As soon as you open the debug menu in game, there is one simple command you type in and you immediately have whichever Legendary QuickHack you're looking for. Its literally 3 files you put in the CyberPunk2077 installation folder and your done.

Again, I know this is an exploit, however I would have had the hack I was looking for ages ago, and don't like being robbed of the build I am going for because of a stupid glitch that cant be fixed until CDPR decides to address it God knows when. As soon as I had the hack, I closed the game, removed the 3 files that allow the debug menu to be accessed, and boom... I'm playing cheat free again. Just throwing it out there for what it's worth...

I'm thinking about doing this for the same reason. I feel robbed of my build because of this glitch.

it triggers if you complete t-bugs mission to get the ping quickhack. the ping hack stays a quest item and cannot be removed from your inventory, somehow this affects your ability to harvest quickhacks.

I had the same problem, had no quickhacks drop into my equippable inventory but did seem to be getting obscenely low rates of duplicates I could only see when selling to terminals.

I think I found a solution as I am now dropping equippable purple and above quickhacks from AP's again.

Unequip the bugged ping and keep it in your inventory, go buy another green ping from netrunning shop and then craft it into a blue ping. The bugged ping should disappear from your inventory.

Save and restart, hopefully you should start seeing drops again as this is what fixed my issues. Please test and confirm if this fixes it for you all.

Just to comment on some previous posts: I don't believe that completing The Gift itself always results in the bug. I am always completing The Gift as one of my first activities, and the bug occurred only for one of my 5 characters. I am also always aiming for breaching with all three datamine deamons, and I am usually investing in INT as my 3rd priority stat (i.e. keeping INT at medium level), so I think that the bug truly exists - though I guess that Myajha's suggestion still remains valid, and can resolve the issue for some of the players.

I sold all the quickhacks in my inventory and tried hacking a few 10, 8 data points and suddenly the epics started popping into my inventory. no legendaries though. I'm at lvl 14 so perhaps it's too early for them to show up?

bign

Forum regular
it triggers if you complete t-bugs mission to get the ping quickhack. the ping hack stays a quest item and cannot be removed from your inventory, somehow this affects your ability to harvest quickhacks.

That's weird, I did that quest, got the ping, but had no problem harvesting quickhacks. I never needed to craft any.

I had the same problem, had no quickhacks drop into my equippable inventory but did seem to be getting obscenely low rates of duplicates I could only see when selling to terminals.

I think I found a solution as I am now dropping equippable purple and above quickhacks from AP's again.

Unequip the bugged ping and keep it in your inventory, go buy another green ping from netrunning shop and then craft it into a blue ping. The bugged ping should disappear from your inventory.

Save and restart, hopefully you should start seeing drops again as this is what fixed my issues. Please test and confirm if this fixes it for you all.
So right now I have 12 INT. I would need to get 16 INT to unlock the epic quickhack specs? Is there another way to find the specs?

Tried this method to see if it would fix the problem but still the bugged ping still sits there on my inventory...
I'm on Xbox One Fat here and this is the only bug affecting my gameplay, I'm over 100h.
Anyhow thanks for the info Elopii.

Same here. I can't get any quickhacks from access points. It's really unfortunate that such a big part of the game and one of the coolest parts of the game, legendary quickhacks, is inaccessible to us. I love this game but this is really bothering me.

actually my backpack is full of quickhacks that don't show up in my deck,so we are getting quick hacks, we just can't equip them as far as i can tell.

Bugged ping still in backpack after crafting rare ping.

Same here. Getting no Quickhacks from access points. Already tried different Cyberdecks, resetting skillpoints and the mentioned crafting method to get rid of the quest ping (which does not work).
There are no new Quickhacks showing up in my inventory upon selling, too.

Top Bottom