Not getting Quickhacks from Access Points

+
My last play through (finished 2 days ago) I got TONS of quickhacks (at least 70-80% of the time) with the perk at 1/2. This time not a single damn one. The only difference I can think of is that I unlocked 2/2 this time.

Come to think of it, I wasn't getting them in my first play through. I didn't notice if I was getting them earlier in the game but I do remember thinking there was something wrong because I wasn't getting anything with +100%
Post automatically merged:

Was just talking to my husband about this and might have found a strange correlation.

My husband and I are both on our 3rd play through. My 1st & 3rd playthroughs (the 2 that are glitched), I went to the ripperdoc to claim the bonus tattoo from Wakako for The Gig very early on. The game that was not glitched, I went to claim it WAAAAY later and never even put it on.

My husband went and equipped it right away on his glitched play through and did it way later on his 2 that aren't glitched.

I also noticed that the doc has 2 of the tattoos in his inventory when you go to claim it which is kind of strange.

Doesnt make much sense that one would effect the other and it's probably just a coincidence but who knows. lol

Ugh...Sorry so long but I just thought of 1 other possibility. During The Gift I put on the Ping and pinged the camera to show the access point (like the mission says to do) on both glitched games, but on the one that got the quickhacks I just walked over and jacked into it without equipping the ping or pinging the camera.
Okok so you tell me that the way you solved the gift quest might be the way of the bug happens ? Just for clarification during the GIFT , you just walked to the terminal solved it without using the ping . After this the game is still available to get hackquick in any terminal ? You still have the bugged ping inside the inventory? Thank you this is NEW InFO .

Okok so you tell me that the way you solved the gift quest might be the way of the bug happens ? Just for clarification during the GIFT , you just walked to the terminal solved it without using the ping . After this the game is still available to get hackquick in any terminal ? You still have the bugged ping inside the inventory? Thank you this is NEW InFO .
Yep. I walked in, jacked into the terminal, then claimed the perk but didn't equip it. I was still able to hack all the access points and the mission completed. Most importantly I got tons of quickhacks from access points that game.

Edit: you have to claim ping before you can jack into the access point, but you don't have to equip it. Also mission doesn't complete until you equip ping and ping camera....Remembered wrong!

I'm not too far into this play through so I'm just going to start over and see if it works again. Going to test the tattoo thing too while I'm at it. I'll let you know what I find out either way.

Last edited:
Yep. I walked in, jacked into the terminal, then claimed the perk but didn't equip it. I was still able to hack all the access points and the mission completed. Most importantly I got tons of quickhacks from access points that game.

I'm not too far into this play through so I'm just going to start over and see if it works again. Going to test the tattoo thing too while I'm at it. I'll let you know what I find out either way.
so what do you mean about the tattoo thing ? why would that be part of the glitch ? I dont know what this tattoo is but do have the glitch right now

so what do you mean about the tattoo thing ? why would that be part of the glitch ? I dont know what this tattoo is but do have the glitch right now
Probably just a weird coincidence, but I also noticed that the game I wasn't glitched I didn't equip the bonus tattoo you get from Wakako for The Gig. Doubt it's related but worth a test just in case.

BTW, need to update the order with The Gift. You have to claim the ping and then you can just jack into the access point...don't have to eqip ping and ping the camera. However the mission doesn't complete until you do. Remembered wrong in my last post.

So far so good. Just got a quickhack out of the very first access point I hacked. I have not gone to do The Gift yet...Going to hit a few more access points first to see how often I should expect to get one. Then I'll go do The Gift and see if it drops off.

Last edited:
i still have the: i have quick hacks they just don't show in my inventory or cybereck menu bug. did you folks close out the quest completely by hacking the camera after the access point?

I deleted the netrunner's shard as suggested earlier and it didn't alleviate the problem - still not getting quickhacks from hacking access points. :(

Last edited:
Jupp same here.. Im so despered! Really.. In my last playtrough before the last update i had sooo much quickhacks also without this skill.. Now im level 27 and not one quickhack.. I skill datamine virtuose but it doesn't help. Not one quickhack. I dont know what to do.. Its very important for me to use quickhacks but i can't..And Its not possible to buy epic,legendary an ultimative qzickhacks. So what should I do now? This update make everything worse.oh and I DON'T play a GOG version. Just normal disc Version on ps4

i find it funny that i have an inventory full of quickhacks taken from accesspoints that don't show up on any menu but the merchant one, and you all have no quickhacks at all. have you guys unlocked quickhack crafting?

If anyone wants to add the quickhack mods through console command

Game.AddToInventory("Items.PingProgramLvl4", 1) for Legendary Ping for example.

Replace "Ping" with the following to add to these other mods to the inventory.

Blind
EMPOverload
Contagion
Overheat
SystemCollapse
GrenadeExplode
BrainMelt
CommsNoise
LocomotionMalfunction
Madness
Suicide

ProgramLvl3 are epic quickhacks. Some of them only go up to epic level.

Whistle
DisableCyberware
MemoryWipe
CommsCallIn

Probably just a weird coincidence, but I also noticed that the game I wasn't glitched I didn't equip the bonus tattoo you get from Wakako for The Gig. Doubt it's related but worth a test just in case.

BTW, need to update the order with The Gift. You have to claim the ping and then you can just jack into the access point...don't have to eqip ping and ping the camera. However the mission doesn't complete until you do. Remembered wrong in my last post.

So far so good. Just got a quickhack out of the very first access point I hacked. I have not gone to do The Gift yet...Going to hit a few more access points first to see how often I should expect to get one. Then I'll go do The Gift and see if it drops off.
I kinda went back to a really old save and so far no gift quest I can get the hacksquick from access points , man this is weird .

Well I've confirmed that having the ping quickhack in your inventory (even if you don't equip it and/or ping the camera) kills getting quickhacks from access points. If you have it at all it acts like you have it equipped to the point that 1 of the other quickhacks you have equipped still show in your sell inventory.

I was able to get 1 quickhack right after I picked up the ping. The glitch didn't seem to go into effect until after I saved & reloaded which is a whole 'nother level of weird,

I checked my mission list in my game that didn't have glitched quickhacks from access points and it says that I completed it somehow. I must have gone later on in the game and used a different ping maybe? I honestly don't remember, but I will try and see if it works.

Sucks that there doesn't seem to be any way to fix it without restarting because there is no way to get rid of the damn thing once you have it.

Well I've confirmed that having the ping quickhack in your inventory (even if you don't equip it and/or ping the camera) kills getting quickhacks from access points. If you have it at all it acts like you have it equipped to the point that 1 of the other quickhacks you have equipped still show in your sell inventory.

I was able to get 1 quickhack right after I picked up the ping. The glitch didn't seem to go into effect until after I saved & reloaded which is a whole 'nother level of weird,

I checked my mission list in my game that didn't have glitched quickhacks from access points and it says that I completed it somehow. I must have gone later on in the game and used a different ping maybe? I honestly don't remember, but I will try and see if it works.

Sucks that there doesn't seem to be any way to fix it without restarting because there is no way to get rid of the damn thing once you have it.
The problem is, the ping quickhack is not the main problem or the only problem.

There are some people out there who have this ping and they still are getting quickhacks.
There are some people who never did any of the ping related quests and neither are getting any quickhacks.

And lets not forget this test: (1) Not getting Quickhacks from Access Points | Page 4 | Forums - CD PROJEKT RED

According to him/her, he suddenly didnt get any quickhacks between 2 save files where not much happened at all.

I wouldnt be surprised if there is an actual "piece" of sth that breaks the game (or several ones). Like pinging/hacking certain cameras or sth in that direction.

Its a massive bug. Same with the blueprints for clothings... Most people have already cleared the game (I even have 100%) while waiting for a bugfix.
Yeah,I know that it was holidays. But many people have these 2 bugs.
AND many people dont even know about this 2 bugs.. I was around level 35-40 until I researched the quickhacks from hacking. I always thought I needed that 12 int perk.

Clothing blueprints I found out quite fast it was bugged, as I have seen them the first time I went there, but had no money or bought sth else because I couldnt craft legendaries.

Its not that you cannot complete the game with these 2 bugs, but these bugs are still "excluding" anyone from enough content (not everyone had enough points left to push int to 20).

I didnt notice the quickhack thing until my 3rd play through so its definitely not obvious. The only reason I noticed was because my 2nd game wasn't glitched so I noticed when I wasn't getting any on my 3rd game.

Came here to find this thread because I was wondering if it was just me. Here is some more anecdotal evidence. I had a saved file where I was getting legendary quick hacks. Then, that save file suffered an issue wherein fixers were no longer calling me. I'd get the missions, but never any phone calls from fixers. This was about 70 hours in, with the only main quest having been completed as the one that unlocks the entire city. As soon as the entire city was unlocked, I went and started doing all the side quests.

I went back to a previous save on the same character that was at about 40 hours of gameplay and played forward. I repeated the same exact quests, but never got any legendary quickhacks. I even invested in the datamining perk because I had really enjoyed having the legendary that shocked people. I've played through all the same missions using the same base character with the same 40 hours of gameplay and gotten zero legendary quickhacks.

I picked up the PING hack and then saw people complaining. After a few unsuccessful tries of hacking and not getting any quickhacks, I do now get (epic) quickhacks from access points. My character is level 8.

Try this:

* Make sure the quest "The gift" is completed
* You complete it by scanning the camera in the room where you pick up the ping quickhack
* After that you have to hack the access point in the corner around the bar
* After that the quest is completed

I returned to my access point and after a few tries an epic quickhack dropped.

I picked up the PING hack and then saw people complaining. After a few unsuccessful tries of hacking and not getting any quickhacks, I do now get (epic) quickhacks from access points. My character is level 8.

Try this:

* Make sure the quest "The gift" is completed
* You complete it by scanning the camera in the room where you pick up the ping quickhack
* After that you have to hack the access point in the corner around the bar
* After that the quest is completed

I returned to my access point and after a few tries an epic quickhack dropped.

The bug has nothing to do with that quest for me. I have two different experiences based off the same "base save" which is far past that mission. In one branch I get legendary quickhacks (I have like 5 of them), in another branch I have zero. Both have about the same amount of play time (approx 70 hours), the same main quest progression, and more-or-less the same completed side quests.

For what it's worth:
I have three characters, first and third have the bug and have two Ping quickhacks with the quest icon in their inventory. The second character, without the bug, has one Ping quickhack with the quest icon.

I don't know if that means anything to anyone, thought I'd post it in case it helps.

Didnt have this issue in my previous playthrough. This time round I realised my cyber deck is really weak and I am not getting new quickhack daemons. Using the same os as my previous playthrough so os is not the issue. I believe I picked up Ping from t bug in my previous run as well and didnt have this issue. Not sure if the issue is the different V created. I was using female V previously and now running with Male V.

Top Bottom