Not getting Quickhacks from Access Points

+
That lines up with some comments I read on youtube regarding players which claimed, that they resetted skillpoints and were able to loot quickhacks again from access points afterwards. Maybe there is just a certain order in which these skills have to be learned to make it work again.
I've reset my perks, sold all the mod besides the quest item uncommon Ping that is impossible to remove (several duplicates up to epic level, so did work for some time), even changed my cyberdeck. Nothing works.

Beyond the (for me) game breaking bug, the design is poor. There should be a much more noticeable audiovisual notification when you score. Instead, these sneak up in your inventory like a ninja. Unless you're bugged like me and countless others.

Last edited:
I'm having this problem.... its really annoying.... im loving the game have over a 100 hours on my first play through....
I only have 8 points left and 12 intel I dont want to have to waste them just to craft legendary quick hacks.....THIS NEEDS FIXED ASAP, these posts are from 2 weeks ago and ots still not fixed.... im considering just getting a refund.... get a grip fix the game....

Anyone following this thread please go to the support tab, and navigate to lodging a support issue directly to cdpr in the hacking section of "Cyberpunk" if you haven't already. If the team don't have eyes on this, our characters/issues with quickhacks and access points may not be fixed for a while. Fingers crossed the 1.1 update addresses this in the coming days.

I had no problems getting quickhacks in 1.06 from Datamining. Got myself 4 Legendary quickhacks from Int 10 Access Points.

I had 3 playthroughs, no issues, playthrough number 4 ran into this issue and now restarting on playthrough 5. Not sure what triggered this. I believe I did the gift as well as kold mirage all playthroughs, not sure if it happens only on Corpo playthroughs for male V? That was the playthrough I had issues with.

I didn't even know we are supposed to get quickhacks from access points as don't remember getting any (lvl 50 character finishing Act2 very soon).
At this point I'm even feeling save game editing valid option to go around the bug.

This is absolutely game breaking.

I'm a netrunner build, and combat usually means death for my 3-body V. In my first playthrough, I did the same thing, and i had more quickhacks than I could ever use. However, with one of the new patches, I now no longer recieve ANY quickhacks from access points, and as far as I can gather, there is no other way to acquire them. I'm at level 40 with a rare ping in my cyberdeck. It's a joke.

There is literally, no way for me to upgrade my lvl 15-worthy cyberdeck.

I can shop with netrunners, but i think they are given weak inventories intentionally.

Also, weird thing, whenever Iget Datamines V1, V2, and V3, I'm always rewarded with exactly 1284 eddies. If I only do V1, and V3, I usually get more money. I'm glad that bugs are being fixed, but with new bugs appearing this massive, I'm no longer pleased. Restarting the game after a crash was better than this.

My husband and I are both on our 3rd play through. My 1st & 3rd playthroughs (the 2 that are glitched), I went to the ripperdoc to claim the bonus tattoo from Wakako for The Gig very early on. The game that was not glitched, I went to claim it WAAAAY later and never even put it on.
This isn't it. My character didn't even visit Wakako and is still glitched. Completed The Gift quest early and got Ping quest item quickhack. I got quickhacks from mainly access points I think until epic levels (had 2 epics, one from the hacked chip from Meredith Stout).

Another one with the same issue here. I’ve almost driven myself insane trying to get it to work my brain legitimately hurts. It’s the first actual problem with CP2077 that’s truly gotten to me. Everything else I’ve been able to brush off but this one is effectively f*cling with my playing experience that I’ve paid good money for.

Shitty ass bug , honestly not getting quick hacks from access points would be just fine if they gave them out in other ways like in shops or enemy drops. but noooooooo they decide to lock all the good quickhacks behind the hacking mini game which is bugged. Shit like this drives me to cheat. Oh and access points are limited resource , even if they fix the bug some saves will be starved for hacks anyway since any potential outlet for them has been drained unknowingly.

Shitty ass bug , honestly not getting quick hacks from access points would be just fine if they gave them out in other ways like in shops or enemy drops. but noooooooo they decide to lock all the good quickhacks behind the hacking mini game which is bugged. Shit like this drives me to cheat. Oh and access points are limited resource , even if they fix the bug some saves will be starved for hacks anyway since any potential outlet for them has been drained unknowingly.
I share the unwillingness to "cheat", I might grind to get what I want and dislike the grind, but outright cheating cheapens it worse. That said, the game is so poorly balanced much of it feels like a cheat. Only the first few levels on hardest difficulty feels "fair", then you start snowballing into nearly an unkillable death-machine.

Yeah... this should have been a hotfix. I stopped playing after this happened because it's completely killed my playthrough. would be good to get conformation from a Cdpr community manager that this is being worked on for 1.1.
Same here, actually restarted my "playthrough" over this. I tend not to finish most of my games, even without "game-breaking" bugs that I agree with SHOULD have been fixed in a hotfix. If a patch breaks something essential, un-break it quickly.

Ok trying out the theory that the 2 pings with exclamation mark's causing this bug. Dont think it's true, in my current playthrough Lev 31 Male nomad V, Int 10, I never touched the 2 pings from The Gift and from Nix. Am still having this issue. Quickhacks do not drop and my most powerful quickhack is system reset from the Kold Mirage quest. Too bad, dont think I can get the legendary short circuit now, that's really useful to my current build.

I have a level 50 character with 50 street cred that has the bug as well. I did not do the Ping mission so don't think it's the Ping mission that causes it. I did a lot of research on it and testing and share some of my thoughts in this video...

Cyberpunk - Legendary QuickHacks from Access Points Bug

I have a level 50 character with 50 street cred that has the bug as well. I did not do the Ping mission so don't think it's the Ping mission that causes it. I did a lot of research on it and testing and share some of my thoughts in this video...

Cyberpunk - Legendary QuickHacks from Access Points Bug

Good job mate, I haven't actually seen a video on this bug yet on YT. Needs more exposure, going to try link this vid in a support ticket

Good job mate, I haven't actually seen a video on this bug yet on YT. Needs more exposure, going to try link this vid in a support ticket
You have to look into the comments of many "how to get legendary quichacks".

People are complaining enough.. The thing is, many dont know of this bug. Many think you need that INT 12 perk to get quickhacks..

Also if you would read the thread, since page4 its clear its not the ping quickhack.. Some guy tested many save games AFTER he got these 2 items and were able to get quickhacks from hacking.
Only after some random point (he got a call from a fixer) it stopped. It also didnt work, if he speced in a different order?!?! (just go to page 4).

On PC Quickhacks haven't been dropping for me since 1.05 and I've been using the save method as well as the virtuoso perk. Funny thing before 1.05 I did get the occasional green/blue quickhack since then none. Devs please fix this!

If you aren't able to get Legendary Quick Hacks, watch this video to see if you have the Access Points Bug.

In this video I share footage from a Level 50 character that has the bug, and show a Level 5 character that is able to get Legendary Quick Hacks from Access Points. I share the actual requirements are simply being Level 5 (to get enough attribute points) to level up Intelligence to access these terminals. Datamine Virtuoso is not required. I test it on one terminal, reloading from a save 35 times, and out of 35 attempts, 14 receive Legendary QuickHacks. This is a great terminal to test it at because it's not behind any locked doors or missions.

If you have been playing the game a long time like I have and haven't gotten any Legendary QuickHacks, I show what creating a new character and going for them at the start does. Even on the latest patch they are still available. So if you aren't getting them, you may have the Access Point Bug.

If you aren't able to get Legendary Quick Hacks, watch this video to see if you have the Access Points Bug.

In this video I share footage from a Level 50 character that has the bug, and show a Level 5 character that is able to get Legendary Quick Hacks from Access Points. I share the actual requirements are simply being Level 5 (to get enough attribute points) to level up Intelligence to access these terminals. Datamine Virtuoso is not required. I test it on one terminal, reloading from a save 35 times, and out of 35 attempts, 14 receive Legendary QuickHacks. This is a great terminal to test it at because it's not behind any locked doors or missions.

If you have been playing the game a long time like I have and haven't gotten any Legendary QuickHacks, I show what creating a new character and going for them at the start does. Even on the latest patch they are still available. So if you aren't getting them, you may have the Access Point Bug.
The problem is you/we still dont know whats the reason of the bug..

Therefore I dont make a new char anymore. What for? To get the bug again... CDPR needs to fix it and it would be great if the fix also targets current save-games.

I have a solution (I hope this works)
- Try upgrading the uncommon version of Ping to rare
- If you cant use the item that has the "!" mark to upgrade on the crafting menu, try buying another uncommon ping.
- Upgrade it to rare

For me, finally it doesn't show up in the quickhacks menu after I did the above steps, now it appears on the Inventory - All Items only. (as all item quest should be)

Top Bottom