Not getting Quickhacks from Access Points

+
Right but early as in, The Gift was one of the first quests you did? Like sub level 5?

Yeah 2nd (seemingly bugged) character it probably was one of the first - say 5 quests - I did, although I don't fully recall the order.
3rd (unbugged) character the same - although this playthrough I was aware of the qh issue and made a point of trying access points to confirm they did drop, only uncommon in the early stages, but was a good sign, and they kept dropping through all the suspect quests I was able to get legendary ones at level 13, or 14 ish.

Really want to see this resolved as it is rather frustrating being on the wrong end of it.
Post automatically merged:

With all the different platforms, various in game problems and possibilities, changes with patches and everything it's quite a complicated task to make progress on. So I fully appreciate your efforts, and anyone else committing their time to this. I don't envy the job at all, and pretty much moved on once I had a character that received QHs successfully.
I wish I could remember more details and kept more saves now, after seeing the amount of effort people have made on the issue.

Last edited:
Right so if it can manifest that early, its less likely to have some kind of late/mid game dependency (like a quest or something).

I wonder if its worth it to just spam character creation and roll a bunch of Vs, rush the first access point and see if it can be reproduced. I haven't figured out how to reliably test glitches related to save/load, which is a headache because so many things break permanently when you load game state.

i.e. saving in a hostile area while undetected and reloading will cause some or all enemies in the area to become permanently alerted, forever. As mentioned above it can break cyberware actives forever.

Right so if it can manifest that early, its less likely to have some kind of late/mid game dependency (like a quest or something).

I wonder if its worth it to just spam character creation and roll a bunch of Vs, rush the first access point and see if it can be reproduced.
Yeah. This was my thinking - on a smaller scale - with testing access points ASAP to confirm, even if its just a green rarity, if you see a QH you should be good to go.
Beyond that, though, I haven't made any progress.
I kinda got carried away with the joy of getting quick hacks and went off to do a bit of net running.

This bug only affects weapons that are generated in static container entities, not weapons that spawn in corpses, drop directly on the ground. I haven't got around to reporting it yet though.

Complaining doesn't achieve anything. You are annoyed that other people can't solve a problem you can't reproduce and don't even know exists? Ok, I guess...

I am venting my frustration with not being able to play a game as it was advertised to be played.

Other people? You mean the CDPR yeah? That's right. It's their job.

Correct i can't reproduce it, but yes i do know it exists... obviously. It's why i repored the bug in late december when i realised i was never getting quick hacks.

It's not the communitys job to inverstigate the bugs. It just leads to bump steers in what is the cause. We report it and they need to fix it.

Dismissing this bug as minor and "unreproduceable," after 11 pages and several YouTube videos about the subject?

Yeah, this actually is game breaking. I have a save that I cannot complete because I don't have the levels (nor would I spend) to craft Legendary Quickhacks.

So yes I hope this gets fixed in 1.2, I don't 100% believe it will, but I can hope. I've been waiting about a month and a half for a fix or work around. I get there are more serious bugs out there (i.e. crashing and unplayability) and frankly, I intend on just restarting the character since I basically have lost my mojo for the game.

Right but early as in, The Gift was one of the first quests you did? Like sub level 5?
Long since deleted my bugged character, but that one was bugged in the first few levels too (albeit I only noticed much later). Despite perfectly solving around 98% of the access points I actively searched for (was methodical and used significant time drawing table to solve each), at around level 35-40 I had accumulated just less than a dozen quickhacks, one purple as the highest rarity one.

The only hacking I did besides the normal access points was in The Gift and the Militech shard from M.Stout for the Pickup quest.

Dismissing this bug as minor and "unreproduceable," after 11 pages and several YouTube videos about the subject?

NO.

It most certainly is not minor and it is unreproducible at this stage. I am not dismissing this issue at all, otherwise I wouldn't spend a rather considerable amount of my free time rerolling characters to try to reproduce a problem that doesn't even affect me, just because a lot of people say so. So I asked (politely) before I started iterating through a bunch of mind numbingly repetitive steps - can someone confirm that it definitely isn't a misreading of the UI?

And you will note that all I needed was a single person to confirm this in writing and now I'm speed running the Kabuki access point dozens of times per day.

You have to document everything you do. Show evidence in screenshots, otherwise nobody knows anything and its all just assertions, some of which have already been proven false like everything related to The Gift! And I know this because I spent hours testing every single stage of this quest on a newly rolled character and documented my findings in this thread!

I wish more people would confirm things in writing and with pictures since it makes the whole process of isolating bugs much easier.

Last edited:
Yeah I might have sounded a bit defensive in my recent reply above, but I do appreciate anyone looking for solutions, it really is a depressing bug to be on the wrong end of.
I'm starting to suspect though now that the problem (or part of the problem) with repeatability could be related to a recent patch - indirectly, as it wasn't in the notes, but stuff often happens after a fix that is totally unexpected (ie fix one thing and break 2 others scenario)
I mean, starting a new character worked for me, but it would have been a brand new save file, after the patches. Other people still suffering from it might be continuing on an older save.
Zero evidence backing this up, besides maybe my two bugged characters are both pre-patch.
Not having many saves to play around with, any new character I created would be post-patch and unlikely to be comparable. (if this is indeed even relevant at all)
Yet another thing that muddies the water as far as reducing the variables is concerned.
I would not like the job of debugging all this! :cry: :giveup: :shrug:

Last edited:
I mean, starting a new character worked for me, but it would have been a brand new save file, after the patches. Other people still suffering from it might be continuing on an older save.

Oh fuck. I forgot this was a real possibility. Maybe I am wasting my time. Oh well, I've come this far, might as well keep going until 1.2!

I have no issue in principle with rolling back to 1.06 or earlier but I tried to do this for the 1.1 item randomization bug and I just couldn't get it to work with GOG launcher. I can start the game in 1.06 but all of my savegames blackscreen. I need the saves for REDSupport bug submissions.

frankly, I intend on just restarting the character since I basically have lost my mojo for the game.
Yeah I can understand that. I mean under the same circumstances I ended up starting a new character, after nothing seemed to work.
But once I got that first quick hack it was a huge bonus, and the rest of the playthrough has been fun - I actually got hold of my first legendary quick hack at around lvl 14 from the serial suicide (I think it's called) quest, (is it corpo plaza, city centre?) the area has several access points that only require INT 9 or 10 and bit of sneaking to reach. I just wanted to test out whether legendaries were available at low level.
My V quickly became a stealth terminator though, so be careful what you wish for and all that! OP build isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Unfortunately I don't have the patience to assist by running to the high level Access Points. I know that I have a ton of green and blue quality Quick Hacks in the inventory that are not accessible. But that character has not gained Purple or Gold quality after repeatedly attempting the access points people are farming (sorry don't remember the name of the location -- the one with the servers).

At this point I am too burnt out to do what you're doing. If you come up with something then great. I hope you can, because if this is just an error created by a patch on an old save, then a re-roll is all that is required.

Oh fuck. I forgot this was a real possibility. Maybe I am wasting my time. Oh well, I've come this far, might as well keep going until 1.2!

I have no issue in principle with rolling back to 1.06 or earlier but I tried to do this for the 1.1 item randomization bug and I just couldn't get it to work with GOG launcher. I can start the game in 1.06 but all of my savegames blackscreen. I need the saves for REDSupport bug submissions.
Lol yeah, I started trying to unravel the many branching possibilities and the only thing that unravelled was my sanity.

Edit, heh just realised branches aren't ravelled in the first place. Knots? Something knots...
Still not recovered yet.

Last edited:
Yes. Gig: Serial Suicide is a very good test candidate because there are 6x access points, all of which can drop legendary quickhacks at any player level. It is normally only accessible in Act 2 but I believe it is possible to glitch through the Act 1 Watson lockdown.

Unfortunately I don't have the patience to assist by running to the high level Access Points. I know that I have a ton of green and blue quality Quick Hacks in the inventory that are not accessible. But that character has not gained Purple or Gold quality after repeatedly attempting the access points people are farming (sorry don't remember the name of the location -- the one with the servers).

At this point I am too burnt out to do what you're doing. If you come up with something then great. I hope you can, because if this is just an error created by a patch on an old save, then a re-roll is all that is required.

Most access points can never roll epic or legendary quickhacks and most of the ones that can are player level dependent. So you need to be character level 35 or higher for legendaries to drop. I don't know the exact minimum levels, just that the earliest I observed a legendary quickhack drop was 35 and it was in the Gig: Flying Drugs where 4 of the 6 access points could drop them - 2 of them Int 7 required, the other 2 Int 0 required. All at ground level.

This is why Gig: Serial Suicide is good for testing. Character level is irrelevant. As long as you can get to Corpo Plaza, you can get legendary quickhacks (assuming you are not affected by the bug).

Last edited:
My character is 47 and it was in the high level zone in the center of the map. There was a video that directed people there a long time ago to farm Quick Hacks.

This character was pre hotfix 1.06. Which according to the time I joined the thread was the patch that broke the saves if that is what happened.

Patch 1.1 is the one that made changes to save data and yes, its a real headache to get around. There are a bunch of issues in game right now like corpse loot resetting to level 1 on save/load and permanently elevated alert state for enemies if you save/load in a hostile area while undetected.

These issues really need players who are on an earlier game version to verify this behaviour on old patches. I would do it myself but I can't figure out how to do it without breaking save files.

I am affected by the same issue.
* Level 21, 2 points in Datamine Viruoso.
* Just not getting quick hacks from accesspoints at all (no duplicates visible via sell station, no blue messages regarding receiving quickhacks)
* Started playing the game on 1.12, so issue is not caused by upgrading the game version with a old version save file.

The fact that there are save games with this issue should suffice in terms of reproducibility for cdpr finding and fixing the bug with the help of proper debugging tooling. No need for us to figure out where it goes wrong, unless we want to find an in-game workaround.

I am affected by the same issue.
* Level 21, 2 points in Datamine Viruoso.
* Just not getting quick hacks from accesspoints at all (no duplicates visible via sell station, no blue messages regarding receiving quickhacks)
* Started playing the game on 1.12, so issue is not caused by upgrading the game version with a old version save file.

The fact that there are save games with this issue should suffice in terms of reproducibility for cdpr finding and fixing the bug with the help of proper debugging tooling. No need for us to figure out where it goes wrong, unless we want to find an in-game workaround.
Thnx for the info

In game workaround was pretty much what I was hoping for, to be honest.
I mean yeah, we might get lucky with the next patch - it probably depends on cdpr list of priorities regarding which issues they've been working on. It just would have been nice to stumble onto something that fixed it.
Let's remain optimistic for the upcoming patch though. :)

I really like the game when it works. Im fine with some garphic bugs, but until now I have 3 missions that I cant play without going back about 10+ hours in my save and I dont get any Quickhacks. Creating a new save is not an option, because after 50h in it I wont reset it and I didnt plan on investing 20 points to craft them

This bug only affects weapons that are generated in static container entities, not weapons that spawn in corpses, drop directly on the ground. I haven't got around to reporting it yet though.

Complaining doesn't achieve anything. You are annoyed that other people can't solve a problem you can't reproduce and don't even know exists? Ok, I guess...

This thread is very frustrating because there is a lot of unverified information causing people to jump to the wrong conclusions and then submit false reports which is how you clog a developer issue tracker with garbage so real problems never get fixed.

So in the interests of trying to make progress on this issue, lets eliminate the most obvious possibility first: that this bug might not exist at all.

The UI is confusing and is very easy to misinterprete. If you loot a quickhack from an access point, you will see the following notification circled in green:

View attachment 11186635

This blue text fades very quickly, so if you are not looking at this part of the screen, you will miss it. This notification tells me I looted a Short Circuit quickhack. It does not tell me what quality level it is. This access point is in the Gig: Psychofan and has a 13 Int requirement. My character level is 45 as shown above.

If I then open my inventory and click on my Cyberdeck, I see this:

View attachment 11186647

This menu only shows you 1 of the highest quality level quickhack you have. In this case, I already had all 13 legendary quickhacks and the remaining 4 only go up to epic quality. So I have no idea how many Short Circuits I had up to this point and what quality level the new one is.

To figure this out, I took a screenshot of a buy/sell terminal window before I hacked this access point. This is what it looks like:

View attachment 11186656

Yikes. I have 3x legendary Short Circuits, 3x epics, 3x rares and 5x uncommons.

Lets compare that with a screenshot I took after I hacked the Psychofan access point:

View attachment 11186662

Now I have 4x legendary Short Circuits, 3x epics, 3x rares and 5x uncommons, so the Short Circuit I got from this access point was a legendary one.

The blue text notification and buy/sell window is the only way I can tell what quickhack I am looting and what quality level it is. If I do not confirm both, I can't tell if I'm looting quick hacks at all.

Most access points can never drop legendary quickhacks. The quality level you can loot is player level dependent, so if you are level 10, you are not going to loot epic or legendary quality quickhacks unless it is a very specific access point with no level requirement (not to be confused with attribute requirement).

The Gig: Flying Drugs is an example where there are 2x 7 Int and 2x 0x Int access points that can drop quickhacks of all quality levels, provided you meet a minimum level requirement. I confirm I got 4 legendary quickhacks here at Level 37.

Gig: Serial Suicide is an example where you can loot 6x 10 Int access points for legendary quickhacks at any player level. You can get legendaries here in act 1, even below level 10 if you glitch out of the Watson lockdown.

So can we please eliminate the possibility that a large number of people are misinterpreting the shitty UI and thats one less unknown that everyone need to deal with. We have already eliminated The Gift as a potential cause. I'm going to test the Northeast Watson NCPD hustle to see if it is reproducible. If not, its on to the next thing.

One possibility that is very difficult to test for is save/load related. Saving and loading game state breaks a tonne of things. I once saved in Arroyo marketplace, which is a safe zone that disable cyberware actives like double jump. I believe I save scummed the clothing vendor for an armadillo mod.

At some point soon after I noticed I could never double jump again and nothing would fix it. Not reloading my last save after entering the market, not restarting the game entirely. I had to load a save from before entering Arroyo market place to get my double jump back.

In roughly 300 hours I have been unable to reproduce this access point bug on 4 different characters.
I am sorry, but please dont go into a thread, where you probably skipped 10 out of 11 pages and give people strange ideas.

THIS BUG EXISTS.

Has nothing todo with shitty UI. We want LEGENDARY quickhacks and thereofre you will ALWAYS see them in that shitty UI, as we dont have something better. And better quickhacks were always shown.

You have people even test it with various savegames (go to page 6 I think) and he/she said, it just randomly stopped from one savegame to another.

So please save your time and that from anyone else, with "maybe you just didnt see the quickhack and its not really a bug".

I even got an answer from CDPR, stating they know about this bug and are working on it..

Ok, so I found a way around this bug. When I unlocked crafting specs for legendary hacks in Crafting skill tree I saw specs for quite a few legendary quickhacks in my crafting menu. Now I don't know what determines which quickhacks crafting specs you unlock on legendary level. I assume the one you had before at the lower quality, and those you can get throughout playthrough (you're not depending on APs). Another thing is that e.g my short circuit legendary quickhack (the one I crafted) is not as powerful as the one I saw people getting from APs. My character is level 50 and my quickhack xp and Crafting are level 20. So I don't know whether it's rng when you're crafting quickhacks or is it that crafted quickhacks are weaker than the one you're getting from APs. All in all that's the way around the bug I discovered. It's not perfect but you're not stuck without legendary quickhacks when you're affected by the bug.

Top Bottom