Not getting Quickhacks from Access Points

+
I know datamines give quickhacks. My nomad has 16 in intelligence and has 2 legendary quickhacks. How'd he get those if not datamines? He certainly didn't craft them.

Did you try looking in your inventory? I didn't even realize I had those legendary quickhacks until after I saw them in my inventory.

If that doesnt help, sorry. Don't know what to tell ya. Good luck.

I made an account to say this. I’ve found at least one cause of the bug, at least for me. Your mileage may vary, and I haven’t found a “cure,” but hopefully this will help someone.

Thanks to everyone who posted on this thread, you helped me figure out what’s going on, at least for me.

I definitely had the bug, so I started a new character. After I did anything with the new character, like, use a new item, go to a new place, do a mission, etc, I went to a datapoint I knew would give out Quickhacks, scum saved, and tried to get Quickhacks. I can verify, that for me, after buying cyberware from the Ripperdoc Cassius Ryder in Watson Northside, I was no longer able to get quickhacks. I went to an earlier save and once again I could get Quickhacks from data points. He’s the Ripperdoc Wakako sends you to for the free smartlink tattoo. Though my new game hasn’t gotten to that part, I was in that neighborhood grabbing the plans for Buzzsaw and Psalm 11:6 and stopped in for some low level cyberware. So if the free smartlink tattoo is the cause, it isn’t the only cause. I bought a few items, so it may be that just one of those items causes the bug, or that you could buy the bugged cyberware from other ripperdocs, but I haven’t gotten around to sussing that out. Maybe just walking into Cassius Ryder’s shop causes the bug.

I’ll look into that further... but, probably after I beat Doom Eternal Anciant Gods Part II, or likelier, it beats me.

Hope this makes sense and helps out. Let me know if you found anything more, different, contradictory, etc.

Last edited:
I made an account to say this. I’ve found at least one cause of the bug, at least for me. Your mileage may vary, and I haven’t found a “cure,” but hopefully this will help someone.

Thanks to everyone who posted on this thread, you helped me figure out what’s going on, at least for me.

I definitely had the bug, so I started a new character. After I did anything with the new character, like, use a new item, go to a new place, do a mission, etc, I went to a datapoint I knew would give out Quickhacks, scum saved, and tried to get Quickhacks. I can verify, that for me, after buying cyberware from the Ripperdoc Cassius Ryder in Watson Northside, I was no longer able to get quickhacks. I went to an earlier save and once again I could get Quickhacks from data points. He’s the Ripperdoc Wakako sends you to for the free smartlink tattoo. Though my new game hasn’t gotten to that part, I was in that neighborhood grabbing the plans for Buzzsaw and Psalm 11:6 and stopped in for some low level cyberware. So if the free smartlink tattoo is the cause, it isn’t the only cause. I bought a few items, so it may be that just one of those items causes the bug, or that you could buy the bugged cyberware from other ripperdocs, but I haven’t gotten around to sussing that out. Maybe just walking into Cassius Ryder’s shop causes the bug.

I’ll look into that further... but, probably after I beat Doom Eternal Anciant Gods Part II, or likelier, it beats me.

Hope this makes sense and helps out. Let me know if you found anything more, different, contradictory, etc.
I haven't collected the free smartlink tattoo as the reward for the gig . I cant get quick hacks ( it now doesn't appear i can complete the gig now either as the option has gone when i go to see cassius ryder) . on my previous play throughs as street kid and nomad i had no problems

1.2 did not fix the bug for me.
All my attempts are at 10 intelligence on the level 10 terminals near Arasaka Tower fast travel point.
With previous saves (i keep at least 1 save per level) i loot a legendary hack pretty much consistently, a few levels later the probability seems to drop significantly, and some saves later i can try 50 times and never loot a hack. In other words for me this bug is progressive, the more i advance in my playthrough the less my % chance of looting a quickhack appears to be, until it gets to zero.
Incredibly frustrating that this wasn't fix with 1.2, it's probably not an easy fix because that bug is very weird, not clear how to reproduce or what causes it.
For those like me who have it i suggest accepting the reality that it won't be fixed, either go back to a save where you don't have it or live with the fact you won't loot any quickhacks from terminals.
And for those who are sceptical, the bug absolutely exists, i have tested several saves on the same terminal for hours.

I can confirm that, the Patchnotes for 1.2 has no entry for this bug. That is really frustrating. CD Project Red knows this Bug but are not able to fix it. So i kicked Cyberpunk from my SSD and waiting for Mass Effect Legendary Edition in May.

I can confirm that, the Patchnotes for 1.2 has no entry for this bug. That is really frustrating. CD Project Red knows this Bug but are not able to fix it. So i kicked Cyberpunk from my SSD and waiting for Mass Effect Legendary Edition in May.
I'm pretty sure that they are able to - just not a priority given all the other things that affect more players than this issue.

But yes, I am also hugely disappointed, that they seemingly did not fix it yet. But I did not try it out yet, just was disappointed when reading the patch notes.

Anybody confirming or contradicting @torga3313 's findings?

Torga's findings make no sense to me because that is not the issue which has been reported dozens of times in this thread - that players are permanently unable to loot quickhacks from access points. Is this a different bug?

Can someone who has the bug post a video or something of using an auto breacher to just spam an access point and compare before/after sell terminal windows? Or fuck it, just upload a save file and I'll do it. I've put a tonne of time into trying to pin this bug down but its really hard to figure out what is breaking is when the problem itself is changing and I can't reproduce any of them.

Last edited:
It might have been unclear, english is not my first language.
On my lv25 save no issues. On a lv32 save It's like the drop rate of quickhacks is reduced. On my lv33 i can try again and again i never loot a legendary quickhack from an acces point (all tested on same lv10 access point, all saves from the same playtrough).
So i do have the same bug as others, i permanently can't loot quickhacks from access points. But what I'm saying is I think this bug is progressive, something is starting to affect your drop rate until it becomes zero.
My guess is it must be linked to how inventory is coded and managed by the game.

Is there anyone else who has the impression that the bug is progressive, and not just a question of either you have it or not ?

Are you sure you are reading the inventory UI correctly? I got some flak earlier in the thread for mentioning this, but I want to make this clear - I am not saying this bug doesn't exist. I'm saying the UI is very bad at telling you when you loot a quickhack, what rank it is and how many you have. The more higher rank quickhacks you loot, the harder it becomes to tell when you are getting new ones.

I used to think I had this bug back in January but it later turned out I was reading the UI incorrectly. I explain how you can check exactly what quickhacks you are looting at post 205 on page 11.

Because I have at least 1 copy of every legendary quickhack and 1 copy of the remaining 4 epic quickhacks, it is impossible for me to tell what quickhack rank I am looting. I have to manually count them in a buy/sell terminal window, then reload before breaching the access point, manually counting them all again and which ever one has -1 copy is the one I looted. If I miss the blue text notification, I can't tell if I have looted a quickhack at all.

Yes Hayte I am sure

Just redid some testing on 3 different saves on the same access point, and it's consistent with previous experience
lv25: looted 7 quickhacks for 20 attempts
lv32: looted 3 for 20
lv33: looted 0 for 20

But I want to add, maybe my sample size is too small, I just don't want to waste more time beta testing this game for free

Last edited:
I have this bug too.
My first newbie character definitely got no problem, but my second netrunner character run into this bug.

I have a theory (wild guess) about this bug:
Would it be related to the first T-Bug mission that we didn't follow the exact instructions? e.g. Equip the Ping too soon, missed a chat, didnt do a ping and directly go to the access point.

New character in 1.2 level 10 halfway through the heist mission, didn't do the gift yet either but already noticed I stopped getting QHs from access points.
I did for a while but not anymore. Was hoping that this would be miraculously fixed in 1.2.

Man, just trying to recall the steps I've taken in game, and wondering what might have caused it. Insta headache.
What if it's something ridiculous and specific like a particular sequence of numbers in breach protocol on a specific access point? But which one?
May as well give myself concussion with a brick and call it done. :D might be kinder to my brain in the long run.
Post automatically merged:

Can confirm, just reached the city center serial suicide area and repeated tests with the int 10 access point - zero quick hacks, legendary or otherwise. My previous idea that the bug is present in the beginning (I suggested testing early and if you get a quick hack you're good to go, is wrong as well.) I figured I was fine to continue once I received the first QH but at some point they stopped dropping.

I've likely confused several different reports and my own results somewhere along the way.

Damn you cyberpunk, so much time invested in this character (just about to hit 20 hours) :/

Last edited:
Am replaying after patch 1.2 havent reached a level where I can get legendary quick hacks, but my Nomad seem to be able to get the low level hacks. I had a lot of issues with quick hacks when playing corporate, not sure if it is a class issue. Any one having issues when playing nomad?

Am replaying after patch 1.2 havent reached a level where I can get legendary quick hacks, but my Nomad seem to be able to get the low level hacks. I had a lot of issues with quick hacks when playing corporate, not sure if it is a class issue. Any one having issues when playing nomad?
My netrunner chara is corporate as well

Seem to have the same issue.
Had not received any quickhacks from breaching access points all game, but I was under the assumption it required Datamine Virtuoso.
Well, I got both ranks of that and still nothing. Put it down to luck at first, but after trying numerous times at different points I came here to check and low and behold it's a known issue.
Given I'm going to netrunner route and was rather relying on Virtuoso for a power boost, this is a bit of a kick in the teeth.
Anyone managed to find any fixes at all or is it just a case of waiting til CDPR sort it out?

I saw something about this on another thread, it might be the cause for you too.
After replaying the game, I spent a couple hours to check and it turned out to be true:

You know that mission where you go pick up the Ping quickhack? If you do that, something weird happens to the drop tables of quickhacks, and you'll never get them working well again. In my case, I only ever picked up green quickhacks, and 3 or 4 blues over 50 hours or some such.
Some users had quick hacks droping, but no components. Other's had components but no quickhacks at all.
And some users had quickhacks dropping nearly every jackin all proper and dandy-like, which was why I went searching.
Turns out, if you DON'T do that mission, everything works as expected.

My guess is that, since in that mission you're supposed to hack an acess point, they temporarily change the drop tables (so you don't get a Legendary right away maybe?) and somehow, that's permanently saved on your character. Or maybe it's a buggy interaction with the perks that enable drops (Dataminer Daemon). Given the state of the other perk trees... it wouldn't be much of a surprise.

Yeah I know, I was furious after trying it in-game and confirming it. The ONE mission that's supposed to help you get started as Netrunner, the only mission that has a dedicated pop-up reminding you that it is very important you do it so you can enjoy that part of the game... also screws you over and severely hinders you. I ended up getting the perk to craft them and made all of my quickhacks that way.
But I'm still bothered by this. This is the sort of thing that really makes you think "Yeah, no one tested this. At all."

I saw something about this on another thread, it might be the cause for you too.
After replaying the game, I spent a couple hours to check and it turned out to be true:

You know that mission where you go pick up the Ping quickhack? If you do that, something weird happens to the drop tables of quickhacks, and you'll never get them working well again. In my case, I only ever picked up green quickhacks, and 3 or 4 blues over 50 hours or some such.
Some users had quick hacks droping, but no components. Other's had components but no quickhacks at all.
And some users had quickhacks dropping nearly every jackin all proper and dandy-like, which was why I went searching.
Turns out, if you DON'T do that mission, everything works as expected.

My guess is that, since in that mission you're supposed to hack an acess point, they temporarily change the drop tables (so you don't get a Legendary right away maybe?) and somehow, that's permanently saved on your character. Or maybe it's a buggy interaction with the perks that enable drops (Dataminer Daemon). Given the state of the other perk trees... it wouldn't be much of a surprise.

Yeah I know, I was furious after trying it in-game and confirming it. The ONE mission that's supposed to help you get started as Netrunner, the only mission that has a dedicated pop-up reminding you that it is very important you do it so you can enjoy that part of the game... also screws you over and severely hinders you. I ended up getting the perk to craft them and made all of my quickhacks that way.
But I'm still bothered by this. This is the sort of thing that really makes you think "Yeah, no one tested this. At all."
Unfortunately this was ruled out. I know there are several YouTube videos that warn people about the quest, but it's outdated info - which is understandably causing confusion.
Actually coming to think about it, after the patch a LOT of YouTube videos will be outdated info, especially the money exploit ones. Unfortunately many of those guys will leave them in place regardless.

Just to clarify, two of my characters did not do the ping quest and were still affected by the bug.
Hth

S
Seem to have the same issue.
Had not received any quickhacks from breaching access points all game, but I was under the assumption it required Datamine Virtuoso.
Well, I got both ranks of that and still nothing. Put it down to luck at first, but after trying numerous times at different points I came here to check and low and behold it's a known issue.
Given I'm going to netrunner route and was rather relying on Virtuoso for a power boost, this is a bit of a kick in the teeth.
Anyone managed to find any fixes at all or is it just a case of waiting til CDPR sort it out?
Don't know about anyone else but for me the ONLY thing that worked was new character. Even then, it's a bit hit and miss whether your new character will at some point suffer from the bug. :/

Last edited:
Ok, so I created new character and started testing.

As it stands: character level: 15
No datamine perks, didn't do T-Bug quest, Nix quest or Wakako quest,
Int level: 10
Testing on various APs
Game version: 1.2

Results: I'm getting lover quality quickhacks from lover level APs (% chance rng). Now I'm also getting legendary quickhacks from level 10 APs in Arasaka Tower. Over 30 attempts I got around 10 legendary quickhacks overall (about 6-8 different types). I don't know whether it's only a matter of new character.

Top Bottom