Not getting Quickhacks from Access Points

+
Funny thing with this game is with how buggy it is, I've come to "enjoy" some of the bugs.
Like the infinite selling of junk bug (which has been patched out now). That has gotten me much money to enjoy the game. Yes, I know it's technically cheating, but in a way doesn't feel like plain cheating:p .

Hopefully the 1.5 did something about this QH bug, to give back some fun from the ones they've taken away.
I do wish one day when I can play the game from the start without needing to "worry" about triggering bugs.

1.5 is still broken. On PC I've managed to trigger the bug by enabling green hacks crafting - I crafted some to get exp in the crafting tree. After that I did not got any hack, any duplicate, while getting quite a few prior to that (Watson, new game). I did a save at Jotaro where 5 int terminals are present. Normal run - no hacks (last or two last rows). Second run - I went to a vendor and sold all my hack - no hacks.

I continued clearing Watson and no hacks, no duplicates. So I've went to use SaveGame editor and setting the counter failedShardDrops to zero, as described on https://github.com/Loogosh/Fix-Datamine-Virtuoso

This gave me at least one quick hack on the Jotaro save and on my current save I already got 2 hacks from few terminals I hacked.

Didn't found what failedShardDrops is responsible for but at my Jotaro save it was at 20-ish while on my main save it was 40-ish.

On my previous game with a netrunner build I got quite a lot of hacks even when when crafting them (but that was much higher rarity hacks and much quicker...).

Ok that is huge. I edited failedShardDrops =74.00 to 0 and it works. Got legendary ping from Serial Suicide on a bugged save from PlainWhiteToast.

Confirmed 100% bugged in 1.31 and 1.5. Now working.

After two playthroughs in 1.5 and tried some "things", on console on my side, if I activate "Bloodware" perk (Quickhacks deal 10/20/30% more damage), I don't earn any QH from access points. I don't know if it could change this value, but from the moment I no longer have it, I earn QHs again.

I am currently on 1.52 playing it on PS5 and I am not getting any type of quick hack from access points, at least there is fix on PC side for console, I don't think there is anything available

Hopefully they finally fix this issue, since it seems some people may have finally found the problem. Though I'm not holding my breath.

Finally found the root cause! Thanks!
the variable "failedsharddrops" is not really the root cause, it's a symptom

WHY or WHAT is it that actually changes that variable? that is what we need to know.
if some PC modders could somehow track what it is that keeps increasing the value of that variable, then we could try and avoid that.

would be really useful to know 100% what NOT to do, to avoid this glitch. specially on console because we can't fix it with save editing.
i didn't do "The Gift", I didn't spend any points in Virtuoso or any of the other "suspected offenders" and I stopped getting any sort of quickhacks from access points somewhere after "The Heist", so... WHY?

I dont see this new hax under cyberpanel but if i enter inventory and filter only hax, i can see a lot of them (duplicates and worse quality). Its the proof that it worx 😉

I'm on my 2nd playthrough since the 1.5 update.
I'm now around level 30, I've skipped that ping quest, and have gotten pretty much all of the rare QHs from the panels.
My INT is already 20, so I just used one perk into the Bartmoss' Legacy (maybe I'll put one in Hacker's Manual too), and I can pretty much craft all the available legendary QHs from the one level down.
What I might do now, is just collect all of the QHs at their highest level, then reset my perks to get back perk points used in those Bartmoss' Legacy and such.
Then I can finish off that ping quest (been an eye sore sitting there on the map), and continue to play without needing to ever think of this bug.

Initially I was bummed by this bug, as my build isn't much of crafting, so the panels were my only source of legendary QHs.

Hey. I think I found some leads. Apologies if this has been posted before, I looked, but couldn't find it. It seems to be an indexing issue with quickhacks. It's not one specific game state change that causes it. Rather, it seems to be related to quickhacks being added to cyberdeck and inventory messing up. I think that whole failedShardDrop workaround works by resetting an index, allowing for quickhacks to be added to valid indexes in your inventory again. Maybe quickhacks are not just pushed on some kind of list which represents your inventory, but instead forcibly placed at an index.

Anyway, I have two saves, two minutes apart. One still gains quickhacks from drop points, the other doesn't. The difference is that I was playing around with slotting and unslotting quickhacks (after hypothesising the issue was related to that). The saves are both in front of an Int 6 terminal, in the diner in the Troublesome Neighbors area. That one pretty much always drops a quickhack on a full solve, making testing easy.

Examples of what may cause this issue:
- slotting or removing all quickhacks in one go;
- buying a new cyberdeck while your quickhacks are still in the old one;
- bulk crafting quickhacks;
- maybe other things.

If you're on console, and this bug affects you, I have no solution to offer. But if you want to avoid it, you can do so by being careful around slotting new quickhacks to your cyberdeck. Doing them one at a time, exiting the inventory in between each, seems to work for me. Before upgrading to a new cyberdeck, remove the old quickhacks one by one. Edit: in essence, always do quickhack changes one by one.

I also think so many people think it's related to The Gift as that is one of the first quickhacks people usually gain, and also right about the time you'd maybe choose to upgrade to a better deck. Correlation.

Last edited:
My last run was a netrunner and I did get quickhacks from access points but didn't get any legendaries. Those I had to craft myself.

OK, just confirmed. I can consistently reproduce the issue on different characters.

In short, if you want to avoid the issue, always change quickhacks one by one, exit inventory in between. Before upgrading decks, remove all quickhacks, again one by one, exiting inventory in between. In loading up your new cyberdeck, again all quickhacks one by one, exit inventory in between.

Edit: see my previous post in this thread for background info.

I am nearly 100% sure that this bug is caused by buying a new deck without first removing the current quickhacks in it. This is the only different thing I've done between my two saves (level 50 and level 30). For some reason on my level 50 character, my OCD caused me to remove the quickhacks before buying the Netwatch MK5 but this time I was like "whatever lol" and just bought Biodyne MK2 without removing the quickhacks first. As I recall, I haven't gotten any new quickhacks with Biodyne so far but got two blues with Paraline during Act 1.

My "failedsharddrops" value is 61 on my level 30 and only 2 on my level 50. My level 50 can still get quickhacks, meaning it's fine for it not to be zero. However, I have no idea what's the limit and why it's 2 on my level 50. This does seem like a silly inventory bug and yes, setting the value to zero does fix it for some mysterious reason.

Last edited:
Oh so this is why I haven’t been getting quickhack drops :/

Am I right in thinking that, once the problem has already occured, you can’t undo it moving forward? Meaning, you either have to go back to an earlier save where the problem doesn’t exist yet OR you have to edit your save file to reset the “FailedShardDrops“ variable?

I wonder if there is now a way to apply the workaround for console using cloud saves. Like downloading on PC, applying the fix, uploading to cloud and loading on console?

Top Bottom