Not only eagles dare quest bug (ps4)

+
Not only eagles dare quest bug (ps4)

I have found the treasure in its entirety and the quest will not complete. I watched a walk through of the quest and I did everything correct but it's still telling me to find the treasure.

Just wanted to bump up this thread. This quest is still not fixed after patch 1.07. I've found the treasure and it will not complete the quest.

Hello,
I have the same problem on PS4.
I've found the treasure before activating the quest when i put the sword next to Ikki, but now the quest remains uncompleted.
Hope it will be fixed soon.

Hi,

I've sent them a save file and i got their answer today... they just told me that I need to use a previous saved game file and restart the quest... but I don't have other saves.
so I guess, i just have to pray for an update to resolve that bug.

thank you

As of 02/11/2017, on PS4 Witcher 3 Complete Edition v1.31, this quest is still glitched/bugged. I've completed it and it still shows as active. Seriously, going on 2 years now and this still hasn't been fixed? :(

There are several possible causes for remaining bugs. By and large, the most prevalent issue is backwards compatibility with games that were originally begun several versions ago. Unfortunately, this may introduce certain issues that simply cannot be retroactively fixed. There may be workarounds, but beginning a new game is the only way to 100% avoid them.

At other times, the use of mods that alter mechanics, allow fast travel from non-standard locations, or the use of console commands can create issues that bork a quest. Reloading to a prior save before the issue occurred is the only surefire fix for that. (I know this doesn't affect console users, just throwing it out there as a general source of problems.)

And lastly, there are likely a few actual issues still hiding in there, but these come in only two flavors. 1.) The cause can't be found. They're likely the result of some really obscure combination of things done over the course of the playthrough and virtually impossible to reproduce. 2.) The cause is known, but repairing it is impossible as the fix for one thing would knowingly damage several other things beyond repair.

What I can promise is that it is possible to complete the game. I've played through 4 times and have only restarted a few times during the early days. First step should always be a verify / repair of the game's files. Second step is to reload to a point before the quest appears in your journal and speed through it again -- I also recommend playing through the quest without using fast-travel at all. Final step would be skipping that quest...or restarting the game. :(

I know that's a crushing prospect for some, but it's the price that we pay for these gigantic engines with thousands of moving parts. I wish I had a definitive answer for quests not resolving / missing map icons / missing or inactive NPCs / etc., but it seems like the engine just gets stubborn and refuses to clean its room, sometimes.

Yeeeap. Seems the bug is beyond fixing. 2019 patch 1.32 and I still cannot finish the game 100%.. Feels good boiz

Top Bottom