Not sure if anyone has brought this up...[The Weather]

+
Has anyone seen any active weather in this game yet besides night and day? I remember it raining once during one of the early scripted missions but I don't think I have ever seen any rain yet.

Ziffa

Forum regular
Yes, rain, some times, yellow.
Never saw the toxic weather effect in 60H, must be something else that trigger it or it's just complete RNG.
About rain, it so bad i would actually prefer not having it, it's just a visual filter with no actual splash drop on ground or other effects.....

I definitely had a rain in this game:

Attachments

• 123rain.jpg
    123rain.jpg
    619.8 KB · Views: 362
Weather not tied to a scripted scene seems a little more rare than I'd like. I've seen dynamic rain once, maybe twice in my 80+ hours so far. But then... we are talking about southern California here.

Yup rains quite a bit for me, like it a lot. Also noticed that when traveling under an overpass on the highways, the ground remains dry from the rain; nice.

I think the weather is broken on the PS4. I have been playing for 40 hours and the weather has always been clear. 3 days ago I reloaded the save and saw fog for the first time. Now the fog does not change to different weather.

Some PPL say weather system is there. Some did not experience weather change in 80+ h. Looks like just another broken feature.

Has anyone seen any active weather in this game yet besides night and day? I remember it raining once during one of the early scripted missions but I don't think I have ever seen any rain yet.

Yes. But the thing is, it changes very slowly (the ingame day(24 hours) is also 2 hours in real time iirc). So you might need to play a while to see all the different weather. Some days its clear and sunny, some days it is overcast, sometimes its raining.

Last night I saw a very strange, yellow fog and rain cover everything. It lasted better part of a day and looked so unnatural that I thought the game was bugging out. Was that the acid rain? At any rate it didn't have any effect on anything, it was just weirdly colored..

ps. I play on PC

Yup rains quite a bit for me, like it a lot. Also noticed that when traveling under an overpass on the highways, the ground remains dry from the rain; nice.
Lol, your right. Its probably the first game ever where it doesnt rain indoors :)
BUT i got fog in the majors penthouse on a foggy day, reloading to a sunny weather fixed it.

Maybe it's because I played the game a lot but I've seen rain, intense rain, acid rain (or whatever you'd call the yellow tint one), fog etc.

What I did notice is that it tends to be clear skies for the most part so I can see how some people might have not experienced rain too much. Might need some tweaking.

Maybe it's because I played the game a lot but I've seen rain, intense rain, acid rain (or whatever you'd call the yellow tint one), fog etc.

What I did notice is that it tends to be clear skies for the most part so I can see how some people might have not experienced rain too much. Might need some tweaking.

Same here. But given its location I expected Night City to be sunny 90% of the time.

As I wrote in the other weather thread... ;) ... there is no actual system behind the weather though. No weather progression or anything. Each time the open world loads, a weather state is randomly chosen. Not like in the Witcher 3, where there was, say, morning fog and such. Also: NPCs don't react to the weather, at all...

Top Bottom