Not sure if this has been answered, but are there unique items that can be discovered in the game world?

+
One of the best things about Morrowind was the fact that exploration wasn't just rewarding for "standard loot". Sometimes you could find unique items in the game world which were one of a kind. I think the odds are good that exploration will be a thing in CP for finding useful items. But what about unique items?

For example:

Unique mantis blades implant found on the top of a shelf in a warehouse during a story mission.
Unique shotgun mod found in an apartment in a safe hidden in a closet.
Unique leather jacket found in the back room of a clothing store that has gone out of business. Entrance through a ventilation shaft you can hack.
Unique eye implant found in the sewers in a freezer at a hidden safehouse.

Unique items hidden around in the world is what takes exploration from fun - to absolutely thrilling imo.

I don't know how much there will be of these. This is the era of mass-production, not gifted craftsmen in a fantasy setting.
There might be some prototype stuff somewhere, but I wouldn't want focus on it.

Arguably the mysterious chip that the story revolves around already is one-of-a-kind though.

sure normal cyber is massproduced but when we are starting to talk about orbital class ware or the near unobtainable shit out of canada - then we´re talking about custom jobs after your order.

it is reasonable that figures in the city with much better connections and real wealth have some of that greatness in there safes / hideouts or bodys - ready for you to take out.

be nice to have the endgame option to order some of that for an absurd amount of eddies (and the appr. high street cred).

I'm sure there will be. Devs says Night City is densily packed and worth exploring. Without unique items to be found, what's there to explore? Only tiny bits of stories isn't enough of course!

We know there will be at least some unique gear. Sasquatch (boss from demo) had a big ol' hammer players could pick up and keep.

+10 neon elf gloves of hacking sold by the mysterious curio dealer on 54th street. Pass phrase is 'Ken sent me'

Nice. A Leisure Suit Larry reference in 2019.

Top Bottom