Not to fan boy out here.... The narrative of this game is solid.

+
This game has many, many flaws but the narrative storyline and impactful mini endings are spectacular.
If i can compare it to another game, Bioshock had that same level of micro changes impacting the whole storyline. Its like we are forging a story as players. Truly love it.
Sorry to fan boy out I'm on my third edible and I'm starting to have emotions after finishing the game.

Just because I love to spread the positivity, I will second the notion and agree. But furthermore, to compare with Bioshock, this game offers so much more. Where as the latter was an FPS on rails, in the old school way of developing FPS games, Cyberpunk also provides numerous character builds, affords very different ways of tackling missions, providing choices in how certain dialogue based discussion happen, and a very solid, intricate living world (with vehicles, GTAish features, etc) that offers a lot of potential for RPing, and modding.

Truthfully, any game I can compare to, I really feel C77 offers more. Blatant fanboy sure...

I didn’t find it all that compelling, to be honest.

It was relatively well written, but it just felt a bit hasty and kinda out of place with the fake urgency, given what else the game urged you to take part in, and the gameplay that led it wasn’t helping with its cheap fesign decisions.

I didn’t find it all that compelling, to be honest.

It was relatively well written, but it just felt a bit hasty and kinda out of place with the fake urgency, given what else the game urged you to take part in, and the gameplay that led it wasn’t helping with its cheap fesign decisions.

I agree with the sense of urgency, both BG3 and C77 start with this facet, and in games that should encourage exploration, this sort of creates a conflict in my mind. How in any right mind would anybody do a lot of the side missions, or gigs given that they are about to expire. So yeah, don't force this on people.

That said there are other moments, like when you are in clouds talking to the joy toy, I had a feeling that I have not had since playing Planescape Torment in the Brothel of Intellectual Lust. I feel that from a mission by mission lens, they do really push the plot and advance certain story lines in a very good way, or in the side missions advance the lore. And I do think it's important given that the game can support different pacing depending on the player.

Partly agree: a fascinating world and a lot of amazing characters, but a good story poorly told and some awful endings.

The world, the general idea, is even good. Very good. It's just that... once again, this is a beta. This game is rushed, unfinished and the story too suffers from it.

The story is amazing until the Nocturne-quest where the ending starts. The endings are all utter garbage and it's very clear that CDPR rushed the release and released the game at least a year too early.

Agree to a point. The characters are well fleshed out and the artistic quality of the game is beautiful, but the lack of interactivity and player choice is god awful.

This game has many, many flaws but the narrative storyline and impactful mini endings are spectacular.
If i can compare it to another game, Bioshock had that same level of micro changes impacting the whole storyline. Its like we are forging a story as players. Truly love it.
Sorry to fan boy out I'm on my third edible and I'm starting to have emotions after finishing the game.
Get back to us when the edibles wear off.

The story is good, but too quick, it needed more content for it to be impressive. The fact that two important characters I only started to really enjoy died before I even could get to know them very well, is telling. I would have had much more emotions if that didn't happen in such a hurry.

bign

Forum regular
The story lacked intrigue, and failed to explore some of the themes usually found in the cyberpunk genre.
In my opinion, the story was decent, but I wouldn't call it a masterpiece.

It is a great tale of morality, the soul, sacrifice.

It just deserved more time to flesh out and perhaps more focus on V and their relationships.

The story would have been far better served as a secondary or precursor quest rather than BEING the main story.

Seriously.....

whatever happened to the "Shard of Immortality"?

And why was obtaining it not the primary objective of V's story? I could deal with the Silverhand stuff as a precursor if it ultimately culminated in finding out that this piece of wonder-tech could literally save my life. Because getting there would connect me to my character, and actually come to appreciate the Johnny angle a lot more than I ultimately did.

Think about it:

you get Johnny's engram on a shard jammed into your skull, after it was created using the ultimate soul killing weapon on the net. His psyche tries to unwittingly take control of your entire existence, and either of you are powerless to stop it. Except.....

you learn through Alt that Arasaka created a "third" shard, capable of holding all of your character's essence, and could even be transferred to younger bodies by gaining access to the right tech. The possibilities beyond that for future content fitting to the genre would have been endless. Like a DLC/Expansion where you start out elderly in the prologue, but manage to acquire either a new "organic" body, or transfer into a fully cybernetic cyborg body, capable of upgrading every single part to suit your playstyle. Or even either at will.

Sheesh..... sooooo much wasted potential the more thought I put into it.

At this point I only want ONE THING from CDPR. An official dev kit. I'll turn this into my own damn game from this mess :ROFLMAO:

Anyone experienced Goro and the "WAIT. BUCKLE UP" dialogue scene? That shit was funny

Last edited:

Guest 4375874

It's always good to share some love while we wait for the bugs to be ironed out. Still on my first play through opposing Johnny at every turn because I'm a greedy corpo assassin but next play through I'll try to be good

Top Bottom