Note on Skippy and when he becomes active

+
I found Skippy during Act 1 around level 5. stayed in Act 1 until level 10. He never did a thing until I completed Act 1 and was starting 'Playing for Time'. I thought he was glitched until then.

I was using him and killed well over 50, but his head didn't popup nor did he talk until Act 2 and then I got the question of Pacifist or Killer.

Access to Congress St where Skippy is located is not available until Act 2 because Watson is in lockdown until then. Did you no-clip to get past the PD blockades?

well if u use console commends or freefly mod to get skippy in act 1 - its not broken, its just not intended that u get him before act 2 - where he actually worked as he's should like...

Access to Congress St where Skippy is located is not available until Act 2 because Watson is in lockdown until then. Did you no-clip to get past the PD blockades?

I don't glitch, use mods, trainers or cheat in any way. I found Skippy in Watson on my second play-through. I had him going after Jotaru in 'Monster Hunt'. I remember, because it wasn't hitting anyone and then I realized the Tyger Claw/Tech weapon thing, and that was a few days ago.

And the last thing I did last night was 'The Pickup' and 'The Heist'. And then today he started talking.

Did I fast travel there while Watson was still on lockdown? Is that possible?

Last edited:
You can't fast travel to most locations in Act 1 because the NCART points don't generally appear until the first time you drive or walk near or past one. There are a few that appear in scripts because of a gig activating but those are few, and Skippy is an Undiscovered icon.
Post automatically merged:

Let's put it this way, Congress St is past Downtown/Corpo Plaza, it's South and East. In order to get to Downtown from Watson, you have to cross bridges. All of them were shut down by NCPD blockades. I even tried in my second playthrough to cross a part of the canal to Japantown that was only partly flooded and the game turned me back just like it would if you have full access to the map and try to exceed the full border.

Last edited:
I definitely got him before 'The Heist' and as I said, I don't glitch, use console, mods anything. I backup my saves a lot so I'm going to reload back into Act 1 this evening and test how I got it in Act 1.
Post automatically merged:

Yep, just confirmed it; there is one fast travel available outside of Watson; El Coyote Cojo, before you finish Act 2. At least there was for me as 'Street Kid'.

As you can see in one pic, I am on top of El Coyote, and in the other, zoomed back, I am Level 5, and haven't done 'The Pickup', and am at El Coyote.

The reason I didn't remember is I honestly didn't realize what the 'lockdown' even meant so I wasn't thinking I couldn't travel outside in Act 1. So I decided to get Skippy, and just looked for a fast travel, and there it was. Late night playtime can get blurry.

Obviously pointless, now that I know, since he doesn't become 'Skippy' until Act 2.

Attachments

• el coyote cojo.jpg
    el coyote cojo.jpg
    357.8 KB · Views: 53
  • level 5 the ride.jpg
    level 5 the ride.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Top Bottom