Nothing to do again. I wish the street crime would reset!

+
So after the last update some of the street crime was reset or maybe they add a few more? I do not know but I was happy thinking they changed the game BACK to the way it was on release were the street crime would reset and could be played continuously while I wait for the DLC.

But no, I am back to where I was again with all crime in Night City wiped out completely. Now a utopia of safe midnight walks and brotherly love. :(

Guest 4561861

I hate some of them that reset. The one by the staircase close to Building 10 garage is especially horrid. That stupid laughter and crappy punching sounds that V can hear while in the garage are just sooo bad. I agree that they should have more. Maybe put some in different locations and space them out timewise so V just isn't sprinting one to the other.

Shoot innocent pedestrians and wait for the police.

Game has something to do, just seems like the wrong thing to do
Can you even shoot innocent people with out already being in a firefight? When my V aims at citizens, the gun just doesn't want to aim or shoot.

Can you even shoot innocent people with out already being in a firefight? When my V aims at citizens, the gun just doesn't want to aim or shoot.

That is definitely not normal.

Unless you're aiming at kids. The game won't let you kill kids but you most definitely should be able to aim and shoot random pedestrians.

That is definitely not normal.

Unless you're aiming at kids. The game won't let you kill kids but you most definitely should be able to aim and shoot random pedestrians.

Yeah, I was on the highest point in the city that you can get to normally and was able to sniper pedestrians all around me. Not sure if the DISTANCE was a loop hole or not but I could shoot them. None of the police could get to me because the platform I was on could only hold one person! :ROFLMAO:

But fighting crime is my thing it did not feel good to shot the innocent sprites. So after 5 minutes I just reloaded my game session and went on a Parkour run instead.

Speaking of which...

The only NPC that I have found other than kids that the gun would drop away from was the Red Menace. I found her just standing on a roof top in China Town while I was doing some Parkour. I read later that she was part of a quest. I think the DEV forgot to make her de-spawn or it was a bug.

I have been even looking for a mod for this but cannot find one. I started the process of getting the mod tools to make one myself however, well I am avoiding all mods until after the DLC. It worries me there is no mod for this yet and so few mechanic changing mods. By this time with Skyrim and Oblivion there were hundreds of game mechanic changing mods. Makes me a little worried that maybe you cannot make such powerful game mechanic mods in this game.

Nexus Mods has changed SO MUCH over 10 years in the way you can find mods that maybe I am just not finding what I want because I do not know how to use their search tools as well as I use to.

PLEASE CDPR please make crime respawn in the DLC like in the first release of this game...

Last edited:
Yeah, I was on the highest point in the city that you can get to normally and was able to sniper pedestrians all around me. Not sure if the DISTANCE was a loop hole or not but I could shoot them. None of the police could get to me because the platform I was on could only hold one person! :ROFLMAO:

Nope, no loop hole. You can, or at least should be able to, shoot any pedestrian at point blank range. Except children, of course.

Forum regular
Unfortunately its still missing new game+ function bcos you cant train your character to max skill levels during single playtrouht

Guest 4561861

Well I stand corrected about shooting pedestrians. I had noticed before that my gun would aim away from some pedestrians, but after trying it just now I was able to do it. Maybe some are blocked and some aren't.

Well I stand corrected about shooting pedestrians. I had noticed before that my gun would aim away from some pedestrians, but after trying it just now I was able to do it. Maybe some are blocked and some aren't.

There are some, I found at least one (Red Menace). Likely only the ones that are in the middle of a quest then they are (suppose to be) returned to "can be killed" status similar to how other games like Fallout 4 and Oblivion do it.

Funny thing I tried with Red Menace. I can "trick" the game into allowing me to swing at them with a Katana or bat by starting the swing pointed away and then brining the swing to bare on them before the swing completes. But it slices thru them with out any damage.

I wish console commands were not locked in this game so I could play with the DEV flags. I bet I could get the crime going that way as well.
I know you can unlock the console with a mod but as I said I do not want to risk mod the game until after the game code is finished by the DEV with the DLC and last updates.

Last edited:
I know you can unlock the console with a mod but as I said I do not want to risk mod the game until after the game code is finished by the DEV with the DLC and last updates.

Just back up your saves somewhere.

Any damage you may do to your game you can undo with a simple clean install of the game. Corrupted saves are incredibly difficult to clean but if you have clean version of them backed up, there is literally no possible harm to them.

Just back up your saves somewhere.

Any damage you may do to your game you can undo with a simple clean install of the game. Corrupted saves are incredibly difficult to clean but if you have clean version of them backed up, there is literally no possible harm to them.

I get it, but Nah, not for me, I feel that is still too dangerous. Often you do not see the damage until way down the line. I made mods myself for over a decade and have seen it happen.

Just 3 years ago a new issue was discover in Oblivion modding concerning fooling with the actors attributes via scripts and that game is older than my adult goddaughter.

So I will just be a little more patient (ok I will still complain but I will wait) and mod the game to death in a few months after the DEV have finished the code.

I get it, but Nah, not for me, I feel that is still too dangerous. Often you do not see the damage until way down the line. I made mods myself for over a decade and have seen it happen.

Just 3 years ago a new issue was discover in Oblivion modding concerning fooling with the actors attributes via scripts and that game is older than my adult goddaughter.

So I will just be a little more patient (ok I will still complain but I will wait) and mod the game to death in a few months after the DEV have finished the code.

But that's my point. Having been a mod creator myself. I am very aware of what you're saying. Even without experience as a creator, any long time mod user knows that.

My point is that a clean install fixes all of that. Since it's a brand new install with entirely vanilla files. Any damage you may do, short or long term, is erased by this. You could mod to your heart's content and a day before, or whenever really, an update/expansion lands you do a clean install and it's as if nothing had happened.

Worst case scenario, you gained some CP2077 modding experience in the meantime and it'll make redoing it all/updating to the latest version easier.

And Oblivion is 16 years old. How can it be older than your adult goddaughter. The math doesn't add up! Yes, I am aware you're just using it as an expression - this is a joke.

Top Bottom