Noticable Missing Features & Gameplay Improvements

+
So, I figured I'd talk about, or at least get a discussion going, on what I've seen as missing gameplay features and any possible details for the future state of the game.

[POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD]

First off, I can say I really enjoy the game as it is. I love how the story is well written, enjoy the versatility of the combat/stealth/etc mechanics, and (more importantly in my opinion) how detailed and packed the city is - it doesn't feel like a bunch of cardboard boxes with a building painted on it - it feels like a city. I can say I would like some more of exploring the mega buildings or one-off shops, but for now, I am very satisfied with it.

That said, the more and more I've played, the more and more I feel like I can see where content was cut, is missing, or feels out of place.

• The New You: The first bit that I, and most other people noticed was the ability to change your character's appearance/features after the first bit of character creation. This one seemed like a no-brainer, but was still missing from the game. I think it'd be nice if there was a way to implement this with a "cosmetic ripper-doc" or surgeon of sorts - it's advertised in the game fairly often, and feels weird not having that option.

• Cab Services: [SPOILERS!] after completing the Delamain story line, you are rewarded with your own Delamain cab, with Delamain Jr. at the helm. I had assumed that after completing this story line, the cab would be the "fast travel" cab service that I would have expected to find in the game - a nifty way to unlock that service through story content. Delamain even mentions that you are provided with a "driver" and a car. But instead, you have to drive the car regardless. Jr. appears to just be a silent AI.

• Mad Max: I found was the "Type 66 Javelina" - right on the hood is a Millitech mounted device that looks like it has a belt-fed gun mount on the front of it. But it seems like (And, stop me if I haven't unlocked that feature or found it yet) having a car with a mounted gun on it like Panam's truck would be something easily found in or outside (considering where the car is purchased) of Night City.

• Bounties and Factions: I didn't think I'd notice was the bounty (or faction?) system for NPCs and the player. I know in an interview there was mention of a bounty (or status?) system where the player could have bounties or hits placed on them depending on their status with the various gangs/factions/corps throughout the city. (Again, stop me if I haven't gotten to that part in the story) But I can run through the city gunning down Tiger Claws all day long and have to repercussions from practically anyone. I'll gun down gang members (or even Millitech personel) and not even have to worry about it. In fact, as crazy as it sounds, I haven't even gotten into any altercation with the police. Now, idk if that's supposed to be part of the lore/story/etc where people just DGAF, but mechanics wise, it feels weird.

• Fixers: It took some realizing, was the potential content with fixers. Meeting Dex was a HUGE deal (or at least Jackie made it seem so). He was supposed to be one of the top fixers in Watson and at Afterlife. Meeting with him was in-person and required a "get to know you" type of meeting. It was a big deal. Then, going to different parts of the city, other "top" fixers just call you. No introduction, no first mission, nothing. They've heard of you, yeah, but apparently don't care to meet face to face? No formalities? It feels out of place for what it was set up to be - even more so when you can physically go meet them, in person, without an introduction (besides Rogue). The fixer locations on the map are useless when you just call them all the time instead.

• Life Paths: I think it's something other people hit on - and I don't know how much of this can/will change since the game has released - but there seems to be extremely low impact on gameplay regarding this. Disappointingly low impact. It was extremely underwhelming. You have about 30 minutes of initial gameplay with your chosen path, then nothing after the fact except the occasional dialog choice. I could have easily seen this being a whole deal about working your way out of the badlands for nomads, working yourself up as a street kid, or your "fall from grace" as a corpo - instead it's the same trip in a different style to meet Jackie each time. Nomads, Street Kids, and Corpos all start out with the same cyberware/tech - and there isn't any advantage or gameplay changes for one over the other.

• Hacking & Netrunners: So, I haven't gotten to talk to the Voodoo Boys yet(so maybe there is more?), but it feels like Hacking/Net running/"jacking in" doesn't have the feel I expected it to. Plugging in and ALWAYS picking out which order of 6 letter/number combos gets really boring and monotonous after the 1000th time. I've just started skipping that content completely. I don't even bother with access points. I don't even need the crafting materials because I don't have any blueprints that are worth it, and I can only fit 6 at most anyway. And while the quick hack/stealth mechanics are fun, it starts to get boring when all I'm going to do is use Contagion and System Reset over and over until everyone is unconscious. I'm not sure what can change here (offer suggestions if anyone has them) but picking 1C BD 7A 1C over and over isn't exactly what I'd have in mind.

Just my thoughts on it. I would like to hear from anyone if they've seen any content they noticed was "missing" or appeared to be missing. What would you like to see tweaked or added? What's a completely broken mechanic, and ideas to improve? I know some content was likely cut due to pressure for an earlier release, but some constructive criticism on the current state might be helpful for the longevity of the game.

Attachments

• CX_Call_Fixer_Instead.png
    CX_Call_Fixer_Instead.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 81
  • CX_Meet_With_Fixer_Why.png
    CX_Meet_With_Fixer_Why.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 100
  • CX_Millitech_Mounted_What.png
    CX_Millitech_Mounted_What.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 91
  • CX_Pointless_Factions.png
    CX_Pointless_Factions.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 94
With the help of another thread i put together a list
- fix bugs
- fix AI wanted system (police teleportation behind your back is bad)
- adjust NPC AI
- add bounty system (after killing too many gangmembers some serious powered up bounty hunter starts hunting you)
- rebalance builds (quickhack OP , melee OP, tech weapons that shoot through half the city block OP)
- add cooldown on healing (now you can spam heal and be god mode)
- more JOYTOYS (2 joytoys in whole Night City is unacceptable)
- add more resistance and status effects to BOSS fights.
- add more variety of GIGS (i love those, some of them are better than main quests)
- add the ability to change appearance mid game (i wanna change haircut, want to change tattoos)
- adjust driving physics (some cars slide too much and you can kill pedestrians too easy)
- add various side activities (poker, blackjack, arcade cabinets, pachinkos, bowling, shogi)
- add more NPC that i can romance (ability to romance new npc from side quests)
- ability to sit down at most restaurants and eat food at most vendors (i prefer to see animation when i eat at restaurant)
- street cred needs more functions (maybe weaklings low level gang members should run away from you?)
- netrunner battle (would be nice Netrunner vs Netrunner battle of hackers minigame similar to Gwent)
- ability to do boxing side activies not tied to the story - loosen up censoreship (Witcher 3 spoiled us)
- storage inventory needs categories
- lifepaths need more impact
- ability to use braindace in free roam (wanna see those BD's)
- ability to continue after ending "more repetitive content"
- Augument color customization "we want diff arm colors"
-Night vision, thermal vision
- More romance options
- ability to sleep in other houses / get new cribs
- metro system,cab system

The whole Scan / Tag / Ping / Wallhack is just too OP, and completely nullifies any need for "other" vision. I mean it would be fine if you needed a 1.000.000 Eddies eye implant for it, but right from the start, with a "common" implant? I don't know, especially because these things seem to be more common than glasses, as in you can "Reboot Optics" on literally everybody...
This whole cybervision thing is really lackluster, like... I never get immersed into the feeling of actually having cybervision. It just feels like commonplace shooter game UI was "retconned" to be "it".

Last edited:
On that topic of Life Paths.
Yea its just switch for three lines in dialog menu. You have corporate,the nomad and streed kid awser. Any impact on the story i dont feel and i play all the lifepaths. if i even can call this a life path. You change by this like first 5 min of the game. :D And time to time say one sentence what shut up some story npcs :D A little. but a life path. Maybe i can call it someday in future but not today.

not forgetting the zero replayability , the only difference when you start a new game is the prologue .. when they say is around an hour long? no difference what background you choose after prologue.
i can basically see all the different endings using one single play thru.

and now they say we're suppose to end the game early and not do as much because it will corrupt the save game ... what is this hot mess

not forgetting the zero replayability , the only difference when you start a new game is the prologue .. when they say is around an hour long? no difference what background you choose after prologue.
i can basically see all the different endings using one single play thru.

and now they say we're suppose to end the game early and not do as much because it will corrupt the save game ... what is this hot mess
i finished the whole game and didnt end up with enough money for crafting/vehicles/cyberdecks/cyberwares replayability should be a must

what i feel now is the bugs are actually a smoke screen to cover up all these missing features...
"We really have same profile pics ? o_O :D" And I agree. Its just cover for media and players so they dont play it in to the end so fast and find out after main story and some side missions the world its empty. So its not RPG but only FPS with changing clothes. Hmm interesting question what defines the RPG type of game ? because if they are some standards i think CP 2077 dont complete them. :think:

i finished the whole game and didnt end up with enough money for crafting/vehicles/cyberdecks/cyberwares replayability should be a must
just clear side quest, and those blue markers crime locations and you'll have more than enough.. i now have 300k+ and nothing to spend on , tons of cyberware matts with nothing left to upgrade, only thing left for me now is upgrading remaining iconics to legendaries.
Post automatically merged:

"We really have same profile pics ? o_O :D" And I agree. Its just cover for media and players so they dont play it in to the end so fast and find out after main story and some side missions the world its empty. So its not RPG but only FPS with changing clothes. Hmm interesting question what defines the RPG type of game ? because if they are some standards i think CP 2077 dont complete them. :think:

hahahha yeah, when they fix the bugs, there will be backlash for the empty world and missing features, then ratings will drop even more...

Last edited:
just clear side quest, and those blue markers crime locations and you'll have more than enough.. i now have 300k+ and nothing to spend on , tons of cyberware matts with nothing left to upgrade, only thing left for me now is upgrading remaining iconics to legendaries.

hahahha yeah, when they fix the bugs, there will be backlash for the empty world and missing features, then ratings will drop even more...
In same time we will hear the MP its canceled and they just go on to another project :DD

Everyone seemingly knows the mechanics & features that was stated by CDPR to be in the final game and not present and many gamers have stated a long list of wanted features, so i will just list some of the features i also want and hope to be implemented at some point and time.

- Car Customization (paint jobs in the least, as too many of the available vehicles for purchase do not look good to me personally)

- Apartment Customization (nothing huge, but some personal touches in the way of decorations / displays / more pets / etc... Just something to add our own personal touch)
Or, allow us to purchase other apartments...

- More freedom to explore (so many places and very few are accessible at ground level and most important VERTICALLY = what happened to all the statements and boasting of the amazing VERTICALITY of Night City ???

125 hrs of exploring + climbing + platform jumping to see what was out there and honestly there is very little upon inspection :(

In the future, maybe add more radiant quests that bring us to the vast amount of locations we are either locked out of or worst = all the locations that are abandoned and empty of any purpose, ie = no loot / no enemies / no quests that even bring us to any / all of these numerous locations.

- GANG overhaul, as it stands outside of very few & very brief missions = Gang Leaders & Gang Members have no real substance / meaning or effort put into them and considering all the material / lore from Mike Pondsmith and the Cyberpunk Universe that you have access to, very little was actually added to the game???

Very early in the game most players quickly realize that Gangs only serve the purpose of grinding XP & Loot (which can be fine in most games, but here it just feels empty & hollow and only exist as generic things to shoot at).

Having them re-take & re-populate certain areas would be a good start, as well as making them more dangerous (either in Gang Member Archetype / greater numbers / different tactics / etc...)

* Loved the idea from another member about sending Hit Squads or Mercs hunting a Bounty on V if you kill alot of a particular gangs members.

- An option i would personally love, but not overally important in the larger scale... Would be more Cybernetics / Implants and the one i would love would be a device that allows to tune into the radio stations in your head (whenever you want).

Free running and gunning around Night City with those radio stations playing and the ability to change the station depending on your mood or what you are doing at a given moment would be amazing.

Don't get me wrong the in-game score is amazing on its own, but after hearing the same heart pounding musical scores while fighting enemies or clearing any and all blue combat quests... After a while it starts to get annoying, more over when it continues to play in that heavy fashion, but there are no enemies left alive or 1 is left hiding somewhere in the area...

- More Weapons (pretty straightforward and though i do very much love a selection of the weapons)

After playing long enough, you quickly realize there are not nearly as much variety as one would expect from an RPG or a game that is an RPG but is FPS orientated in this regard. It feels copy / paste and heavily recycled use of assets.

There is literally endless possibilities you could implament into the game due to it's futuristic nature and i hope this is something to come down the road.

- On a similar note = more clothing & armor options. Seems to feel very similar to weapons in this regard, little options and over use of copy / paste & recycling of assets. Again for a game that was proclaimed to be a RPG, the minimal options we have available at this time is disappointing.

On another note regarding this, i have seen numerous clothing / armor pieces that are on numerous enemies & NPC's, that i would love to have myself, but are no where to be found for sale in game and are not lootable items either.

Another obvious note to make as well, that i am sure many have before, but please add Transmog and the option to hide helmets / hats = this should have been a given for this type of game and confused as to why this option among so many others were completely left out (barbers/ surgeons/ tattoo artists come to mind immediately when discussing features that almost any / all RPG's should have and again are completely absent presently in game)

- More variation & interaction with NPC's. I personally don't care if the game does have the amount of NPC's as we were all once lead to believe, but please put more effort into the ones that are in game (this means much more to me and i would imagine the vast majority of RPG players that hold immersive factors to be an important staple and quality of any good RPG.

NPC's are literally copy / paste here and can be seen in pairs / triplets and full on groups of the same identical NPC (extremely bad for immersion) and to add to this ALL NPC's seem to draw from and speak the same identical lines as every other NPC and often the things they say when drawing a line of "random" dialogue from a very small pool of options come across as just that = RANDOM.
It doesn't make sense / it's out of place / again immersion breaking and overall just comes across as lazy.

There are RPG's that are 10 - 20 years old currently that have done a better job in this area. I do understand this might have been hindered due to Covid restrictions and such, but this is generally not good.

And the obvious that many have already stated = give them better AI, or any AI for that matter. Because what they do and how they react to almost everything in game seems very un-natural / very un-realistic and most of the time downright insane or non-sensical.

It feels like being in a West World like theme park for the future, but all the citizens and inhabitants are literally broken robots 😳

I have many more ideas / thoughts on many aspects of this game,
but feel this is plenty for now and i am sure somewhere out there others have touched on most of / if not all of the topics i discussed.

All i want from this game is for it to live up to the AMAZING Potential it has and the game it could one day truly be, if not neglected or abandoned. The world / theme and writing is too good to not warrant improving all the other factors that either didn't have enough time to be realized / were just not worked on hard enough / or were completely removed for reasons nobody knows at this point. This game deserves that much + it's consumers and players deserve that much + the truly passionate artists / creators & developers deserve that much.

We all do.
Thanks for anyone and everyone that read all of this, it is appreciated.

Last edited:
Ofcourse, like every Demo Footage Released. Some Features and Mechanics are Likely to Change and/or Be Removed all Together in the End Product. But Dang man, i didn't think they meant the Whole Damn Game.
The game now isn't that bad, if anything it's Really Fun. Personally, the Story, Characters and the world of Night City carries the game for me. Everything else is just a bit Subpar for me.
Like everything that was detailed in Previews and Footages got Toned down Drastically for Time sake or just Removed all together. Cause it's always weird to see all these little Details with No Purpose At All. Some are just for show while others just seem like they HAD a reason to be there but sense whatever that was got Removed it's just...there.

i agree with whats being said here and will add that i would love to have small npc quests, as in talking to one person who asks you to talk to another person, and maybe go pick this up for me quests. we also need a needs system, with some degree of penalty/reward based on whether needs were satiated or not. basically a hunger/thirst/sleep/shower system which would make use of restaurants, beds, showers, etc. what if you're too hungry, too thirsty, or too tired, you should be passed out, and ideally, you would wake up at a ripper doc (with some Eurodollars removed for treatment), or wake up at your apartment later with maybe a contact/police having taken you home with partially looted inventory. make it so needs can affect implants where they malfunction or perform better, and have it where the player's own shooting skills/combat abilities are impacted as well. for showers, that could have an impact on shopping/npcs, as maybe prices would go up if you shower less/smell bad/look sloppy, and npc's wouldn't ask for help as often or be as willing to talk to you. with this i'd also suggest that drugs and alchol should penalize you more.

p.s. i'm also for them readding full frontal to exploration, and add some options to sex scenes while they are at it. 3rd person mode too pls.

Wait u bought all cars in the game plus all the crafting leg upgrade and all that? I cleared all the map and im telling u its not enough to upgrade your weapons plus buy vehicles plus buy leg auguments its most like pick and choose and on top of that u cant even level cap yourself due to no replayability if you finished the game at 32 thats it you're done so yeah kinda sucks

Wait u bought all cars in the game plus all the crafting leg upgrade and all that? I cleared all the map and im telling u its not enough to upgrade your weapons plus buy vehicles plus buy leg auguments its most like pick and choose and on top of that u cant even level cap yourself due to no replayability if you finished the game at 32 thats it you're done so yeah kinda sucks
farm those blue crime incidents, plenty of money to be earned... there is zero replayability.. zero... i tried to start a new character to see any changes, any new game + surprise , nothing.. after prologue which is like 15 - 20mins, bam! back to the same game ... and reviewers say the game has tons of replay-ability.. right i wanna go thru all the exact same shit i did the first time with no changes in story or the world wat so ever no matter what my choices are? do yourself a favor and play lethal way the whole game, its more fun and there is absolutely zero impact to the game...btw if i just play the game purely based on main mission, it is absolutely way too short compared to witcher 3.
initially i did main missions only to see if anymore features will unlock, and all of a sudden i right at the final mission...what a disappointment

a
also when you have spare perks , pick up crafting.. the ability to upgrade common materials up to legendaries, then just craft and sell..

Still find it funny how buy all vehicles is a trophy required for platinum, not only is it an odd trophy to began with, but for me a sort of meaningless one (other than Platinum).

Have bought and test drove everyone of them and re-loaded upon experiencing each and honestly i prefer to use the free vehicles found or earned in game (they all honestly look and handle better than most if not all purchased vehicles.

Aside from that after 137 hrs of playing without any glitches / exploits, i have earned more than is required for all vehicles and cybernetics. Granted it is a lot of time clocked in, but i enjoy sweeping the map for any / blue crime quests + i maxed crafting (but do not excessively abuse it is as i would really not like to experience the current corrupt save bug as PC + crafting to that extreme is very, very lengthy & tedius).

In the end i bought most Legendary Weapons and Gear i wanted + dozens & dozens of epic gear for all slots (varied full outfits) + all legendary cybernetics i didn't find in game already for free.

After all of that i still have 600,000 and still earning ;)
It is very possible, but not from a main story run or limited playthrough = really needs to be pushing towards and bordering a completionist run in my experience so far.

In the end for me personally = still not worth it for the Platinum trophy alone, but if you love hunting throughout Night City, over time the $$$ just rolls in :D

Top Bottom