Noticable Missing Features & Gameplay Improvements

+
Still find it funny how buy all vehicles is a trophy required for platinum, not only is it an odd trophy to began with, but for me a sort of meaningless one (other than Platinum).

Have bought and test drove everyone of them and re-loaded upon experiencing each and honestly i prefer to use the free vehicles found or earned in game (they all honestly look and handle better than most if not all purchased vehicles.

Aside from that after 137 hrs of playing without any glitches / exploits, i have earned more than is required for all vehicles and cybernetics. Granted it is a lot of time clocked in, but i enjoy sweeping the map for any / blue crime quests + i maxed crafting (but do not excessively abuse it is as i would really not like to experience the current corrupt save bug as PC + crafting to that extreme is very, very lengthy & tedius).

In the end i bought most Legendary Weapons and Gear i wanted + dozens & dozens of epic gear for all slots (varied full outfits) + all legendary cybernetics i didn't find in game already for free.

After all of that i still have 600,000 and still earning ;)
It is very possible, but not from a main story run or limited playthrough = really needs to be pushing towards and bordering a completionist run in my experience so far.

In the end for me personally = still not worth it for the Platinum trophy alone, but if you love hunting throughout Night City, over time the $$$ just rolls in :D

how?
I cleared the whole map (3 missions didnt ever start, 4 are bugged and cant be completed) and have only 400k, did only buy about 5 cars atm (also 110+ hours)
Also didn't buy any legendary weapons because i try to craft them all.
So where is my money?

how?
I cleared the whole map (3 missions didnt ever start, 4 are bugged and cant be completed) and have only 400k, did only buy about 5 cars atm (also 110+ hours)
Also didn't buy any legendary weapons because i try to craft them all.
So where is my money?

For me personally, i earned the mass amount of my $$$ from constantly clearing blue criminal assault quest nodes + random crime / police events (blue badge / star icon) & gang gatherings (blue baseball bat icon).

Keep in mind the gang gatherings re-spawn all over the map, but do take some time to do so. Not 100% sure if the criminal activities re-spawn, but i feel they might over longer lengths of time and finally the random crime / police events spawn constantly all over the map and often take a tour around listening to music while i explore and look for some.

After clearing them, i look for Breach Protocols to hack in that area (more $$$) + loot everything and then sell everything. I have found as i got higher in level + took on more difficult areas = the gear i would loot was worth alot more (mostly).

Now another mechanic i utilized to add to my earnings was with crafting (i have it maxed at 20 with every perk unlocked and the bonus perk for sale price increase, but sadly doesn't always work right or at all or increase the prices correctly) Now just know that utilizing this system on PC currently has been blamed as the culprit for corrupted save files from over-crafting which is absolutley ABSURD and NEEDS to be fixed, but if you play on console (i play on PS4 PRO) this doesn't seem to be an issue as my save file size is identical from the very start of the game to the 137hr mark now = 12.7mb and hasn't changed.

Other than these suggestions, a few other tips to save $$$ would be = craft your own ammo / grenades / health / med boosters / etc... Saves you alot in the long run. Completing Gigs the specific way Fixers request you to, will always give a bonus and certain Gigs can give a decent sized bonus. Lastly antip i use, but absolutely hate doing so is constant re-loading of saves when it comes to purchasing gear. Due to not seeing a preview how any gear looks like before purchase and some epics / legendary stuff can be very expensive... I will re-load my saves after purchasing items to see if i like them or how they perform (vehicles / weapons / cyberware). I would rather not do this, but very glad i have as it has saved me from countless purchases i would have regretted.

I should also mention that i stopped the main quest about 2/3 into it, as i had a good idea of what to expect and also tend to do most / all side quests before completing the main quest for almost all games of this type / nature. It just never feels right to me to finish the story in these game & often end up as a maxed out warrior / god... Only to go completing side quests that are simplisitic / easy and just feel odd to take on when your character has reached a given power degree (might just be me, but often find games play out better when played in this fashion).

Hope some of this helps you in some shape or form. Happy Hunting V.

There is literally endless possibilities you could implament into the game due to it's futuristic nature and i hope this is something to come down the road.

- On a similar note = more clothing & armor options. Seems to feel very similar to weapons in this regard, little options and over use of copy / paste & recycling of assets. Again for a game that was proclaimed to be a RPG, the minimal options we have available at this time is disappointing.

I went back to playing again today and this was something I noticed. I hadn't really tried to get V looking the way I wanted, mostly cause all the gear worth keeping was incredibly mismatch and you aren't looking at your character 80% of the time - but actually trying to get together a set of clothing, with good stats, feels near impossible.

I actually tried finding crafting recipies (or using what I had) to make some clothing that was worth it (meaning using the perks towards crafting and those bonuses). But still, everything was mismatch, and there wasn't enough variety. In all, I have 6 jackets, 5 pants, 3 shirts, and 4 shoes for crafting after going to each and every clothing store, and completing/looting mission areas. To add to it, nothing crafted felt like a "set" or particular "style" of clothes. I'm annoyed at the fact I can't use the crafting skill to craft the clothes I would have wanted.

I know there's the upgrade option for clothes you find, but it only works "to an extent". I can find the same, upgraded to max, pair of pants through looting, and the looted version will be better than the upgraded version.

Again, I hope all this criticism taken to heart, and it's improved in later patches.

I went back to playing again today and this was something I noticed. I hadn't really tried to get V looking the way I wanted, mostly cause all the gear worth keeping was incredibly mismatch and you aren't looking at your character 80% of the time - but actually trying to get together a set of clothing, with good stats, feels near impossible.

I actually tried finding crafting recipies (or using what I had) to make some clothing that was worth it (meaning using the perks towards crafting and those bonuses). But still, everything was mismatch, and there wasn't enough variety. In all, I have 6 jackets, 5 pants, 3 shirts, and 4 shoes for crafting after going to each and every clothing store, and completing/looting mission areas. To add to it, nothing crafted felt like a "set" or particular "style" of clothes. I'm annoyed at the fact I can't use the crafting skill to craft the clothes I would have wanted.

I know there's the upgrade option for clothes you find, but it only works "to an extent". I can find the same, upgraded to max, pair of pants through looting, and the looted version will be better than the upgraded version.

Again, I hope all this criticism taken to heart, and it's improved in later patches.

There is a simple trick you can use currently in game providing you have some $$$ + time & patience.

I have dozens of full outfits all at epic level and most with full mod slots (2 for epic & 4 for legendary in my case).
In order to do this all you have to do is go to an armor / clothing vendor and check what they have for sale (they will often carry alot of the same items infinitely, but will refresh in different rarities / mod slots and occasionally a few items will be added to their rotation once and awhile, for the most part each vendor will have their own kind of unique stock). Also this applies yo blueprints for sale to a smaller extant / much less often.

All you do is go outside and wait 24 hrs and return to check what has been refreshed. If you don't like anything leave + rinse & repeat. It can at times take quite awhile depending what you are after and sometimes not, but it is time consuming.

Also while doing this you can save before you spend $$$ on something you are unsure of how it will look (due to no preview option) and if you don't like it, re-load and continue.

Also on another important note = when you find legendary items in the world (99 % of the time they are always in their designated location) you can make a save before picking them up and with re-loading it has a chance to change the amount of mod slots it will come with.

This also works when clearing Reported Crime markers (Square with ?) after completing them or just finding the item at the location = do the same thing (save and re-load) if you want to re-roll the rarity of that item and possible mod slots. Now i have never re-rolled items into a Legendary, but you can get it up to Epic. Discluding blueprints obviously as if they are Legendary blueprints they seem to always show up as such.

Hope some of this info helps you in your pursuit of customizing your look and really wish i knew alot of this much earlier myself, would have saved alot of troubles early on. But currently loving my options for the most part and have about 6 different full sets (look wise) and a dozen of each clothing type to mix + match & play around with. Do hope much more is to come in the future though = always important for my roleplay / immersion to have the options i like or choose.

Happy Huntin V ;)

Last edited:
ill throw in my 2c just for the record.

-bring wall penetration down to more reasonable levels, factor in thickness, type and/or amount of surfaces penetrated, its so generous at the moment that it borders on cheating and breaks encounters.
-dodging needs settings, on/off , no dodge when crouched toggle , time between double clicks eg 0.25 seconds (unreal tournament does this)
-something to prevent accidental scrapping (favorite system).
-more attacking animations, particularly for blades/mantis
-gorilla fists should affect body checks
-monowire should allow takedowns of higher than normal targets while equipped, fatal only,it needs work on its hit detection too.
-better driving physics (im told this is already moddable with some INI file fixes)
-better cars effect street cred (turn up to a gig in a good vehicle awards a small amount of cred)
-some gigs should require minimum skill levels to accept, 15 cool for example or 10 tech 10 int.
-on hard+ difficulties enemy hackers should use a variety of hacks, blind, weapon shutdown,cyber shutdown, immobilize, deafness etc even suicide should be a risk if you are vulnerable enough (below 15% health perhaps).
-enemies should have more active alert states (suspicion) when the player is openly loitering nearby
-overall better NPC combat and responsiveness to hostility and danger etc, strafing, cover, grenades and throwables, wall banging.

im not a programmer but im aware that somethings may or may not be achievable without significant effort, this is just represents some thoughts on functionality that i have had over my game time.

Last edited:
My two eddies: https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/cyberpunk_2077_features

• More granular map filters (e.g. show only weapon shops or clothing shops; show only thievery jobs or saboteur jobs etc.) as well as the ability to select filters by clicking with the mouse on a given entry in the legend
• The ability to rotate the map while in fixed camera mode
• Ability to change appearance post character creation
• A garage for owned vehicles or at least a dedicated parking spot in megabuilding H10's car park
• More minigames (e.g. play snooker with that guy in Afterlife, use some of the arcades, more variants of the hacking minigame etc.)
• An additional vendor filter for crafting specs only
• The ability to craft items in batches
• Hide already purchased crafting specs from vendor lists
• The ability to get rid of old, low-quality cyberware (dismantle / sell / drop / give to ripperdoc for a discount on new version)
• A dedicated inventory filter for quest items
• The ability to upgrade the quality of mods, cyberware, quickhacks and grenades, similar to what we can do with weapons and clothing
• Loot level scaling based on character level, street cred and health
• Enemy level scaling based on V's stats
• The ability to toggle the visibility of clothing items on and off
• Make clothing matter for role-playing. Examples:
- Wearing <gangName> jacket/cap/pants while strolling through a <gangName> hideout is considered a disguise (increased detection time?)
- Donning a hazmat suit increases chemical resistance or provides DoT reduction like the Resist! mod
- Ocusets have a built-in bonus to Range similar to scopes
- Gas masks have a built-in bonus to Oxygen akin to the Osmosis mod
- Netrunner suits provide bonuses quickhack duration
• NG+ either with static bonuses or bonuses based on the way we acted during our other playthroughs

A lot of people said it already pretty well of what i'd love to see improved and/or Implementing in the game for the future (Hopefully Sooner than Later)
But i'd also like to some things as well. Sorry in Advance if someone Mentioned some of this Stuff Already.
  • Weapon Conditions.
- The Loot System can be a bit Ridiculous, almost like Playing Borderlands when it comes to these Guns. So they come and Go A LOT and FAST. Some Conditioning might add some Meaning to these Guns, Especially Legendries. Plus little Details, More worn they become, more Beat and Scratched up it look and Quicker it'll Jam. Some tension in Fights. Plus that way you have a Reason to go back to your Pad to Clean and Fix'em up back at your little Weapons Storage. Or a Gun Store for they can Fix it up all the way for a Price. Sense their kind of Useless other than to buy Legendries or Mods. Your always finding Weapons so there's Rarely even a need to Buy one.
  • Ammo Types.
- It's Cool and All that Each weapon has their own little Stats and Boons when it comes to whatever Damage they can Provide. But doesn't really mean much a lot of the time. For VERY specific Enemies Sure but still can make Fights and Encounters Boring, no Real though into them for a RPG. Like Guns, your Always finding Ammo around the World. Never really had to Craft them nor buy them Honestly. Adding Ammo Types can put some thoughts before you go all Rhambo to some Gang or Corpo Grunt. Plus puts that Crafting system to Use, i'd be Crafting shit left and right when it comes to ammo type when I need then. And again, give me a Reason to go to a Gun Shop.
  • Faction Specifics.
- They did a pretty cool job with the Factions, but a lot of them Tend to Act the same in Battle. So there's really no Thought when it comes to these Encounters. Least for a RPG, as they Claim. I mean when they Worked on Witcher 3 they did a REAL good Job with the Monsters in that game, every Encounter you had to think a bit before you Strike. Had to go through your little Journal to see whats up.
- For the Moxes I'd say their Sucker Punchers, All Melee with some Pistols. They'll Come at you Hard with Blunt Weapons so when they Strike they have Chances to Stun and Disorientate you. Especially sense their Chromed around the Arms and Hands, it's going to HURT.
- For the Voodoo Boys, their all Haxor 1337. So they wont come with Weapons as much but they'll Fry your Brain Fast. Wither Out Hack them or Take'em out Fast.
- For the Maelstrom, Sense their just all Heavily Chromed to High Heaven and Hell. Their going to use their Abilities and Bum rush your ass as well. They're not so "Effective" with their Implants but doesn't mean their any more Easy to take out, Because of their Chromed beyond Belief, their basically walking Metal so their just armored as well. So they can Take Hits.
- For the Tyger Claws, Sense their all Ninja and Samurai. They're going to be a bit Tactical with you. Smoke Grenades, Flash Grenades, Throwables in General. Something to Distract and/or Disorientate you while those who are Chromed can Dash at you with their Katana and Fuck You Up. Plus those with Katanas can Deflect Bullets.
- For the Valentinos, Their Heavy Hitters. Magnums, Revolvers, Pump Actions, Rifles maybe. Their going to keep their Distance but close in one your Quickly if you don't push Back. If things comes to Worse, they can Call in for Help with a Drive by/Reinforcements. Plus sense a lot of them are Chromed too, Especially around the Hands and Arms. they get Faster Reloads and Critical.
- For the Animals, Sense their all Hulk and Beyond. They can Lift Cars as Shields. They'll use Weapons as well but NEVER Reload. Ounce their out, they'll Bum Rush your ass Fast and Hard. To the Point even use whatever Gun they had as a Melee Weapon. Pistol, Hammer. Rifle and Shotguns, Clubs. Whatever. Though Heavy Weapons would be their Preferred if they have to use a Gun. Grappling them as well can be a Challenge. Unless your leveled Higher Physically, you're going to have to take'em out Quick when you do Grapple them or else they'll Break out of it as Fast. Or just take'em out with Silenced Weapons.
- For the 6th Street, Sense a lot of them are either Wannabe Military Dudes or Actual Veterans. Their going to Act like a Military Force. So they're going to be Tactical, using whatever they have to their Advantage. Using whatever Types of Grenades, Flanking, Pushing, Ambushing, whatever. Plus they could have dudes using Riot shield and Armored to Push on you, with someone behind them with a Gun. closing in on your Quick. Their Still a Gang so their not going to be that Efficient but they can still be a Threat.
- For the Scavangers, Their just a Bunch of Dirty Thugs and Psychos. So they're going to Play Dirty and Be Dirty. May not have all the Weapons in the World nor be Tactically Efficient but they're always in Groups. So expect them to constantly try to Bum Rush your ass while others try to Gun your ass down, the Usual Honestly. But if you were to catch them Outside, they could Potentially use Innocent Civilians as Human Shields and so on. They could also Potentially call in for Back up as well, coming in Vans.
- For the Corpo Grunts, they can just be more Heavily Armed with more Advance Weapons and Cyberware, using them more Efficiently than the usual Street Gangs. Making them an Actual Threat when you Encounter them. Than some Empty Threat. For the Company specifics that can be for a Later Things. but i guess to Cut it Short. Militech can be all Warfare, using all the Best Gear and Weapons their Company can Provide. Making them a Real Threat with Boots on the Ground. Though their Weaker when it comes to Hacks. For Arasaka, their more Agile and Efficient. Their weapons might not Hit as Hard but their Just as Accurate if not More. Using their Environment to their Advantage the best they can. They just don't have a that big of a Force so to make up for it they use Mechs, again leaves them more open to being Hacked As Well.

Of course i don't think any of this could or will ever be put into the Game but it's an Interesting idea to have either way. Because Cyberpunk 2077 is an RPG, might as well put Elements within the gameplay to Feel like an Actual RPG instead of some Looter Shooter. Hell some of this Could be in the Game but i Honestly never Noticed any of it. Plus im sure they thought of a lot of these things as well, Better than I could sum it up. Just Disappointed they never Implemented them into the game. Prolly Cause it slowed down the Action a bit too much and wanted the Fun to Flow more. Or they just didn't have enough time to Properly implement it, I don't know really. but these are just my Idea and Hopes that they could put into the game in the Future, if ever Possible.

Reading the first post and skimming the rest of the thread so far, I can say I'm in broad agreement with everything proposed in the OP.

One point I'd like to add would be some kind of rework around weapon and armor availability. I would like to be able to use a particular weapon type or armor type throughout the game, without needing to take crafting as a main skill. Right now there is far too much RNG. I think it would be a boon for all types of builds, but especially people who just want to play the main quests, if this was toned down and weapon and armor acquisition and leveling was more deterministic.
  • Upgrading needs a rework. You should be able to take your weapon or armor to the appropriate merchant type and pay for it to be upgraded to your current level for a reasonable price. Or, if you have the crafting perk of the right level, you can do the upgrade yourself with the necessary materials. This way, upgrading becomes the primary means of leveling weapon damage or armor protection, and it is available to ALL builds, not just those with points in crafting.
  • Make uptiering available to all items, not just iconics. The crafting recipes for tiers above common would require a weapon from the tier below. You should be able to either outright buy the weapon you want when you reach a high enough level, or you can craft the common variant and then each tier in turn, just as it works with iconics now. Iconics would retain their unique attributes and skins, and could possibly offer other benefits such as increased XP gain in the respective skill tree.
  • Make crafting recipes learnable by destroying an item. "Reverse-engineering" could be tied to a perk, and different weapons could passively require a certain skill level to reverse-engineer. Currently, even though I have 20 Tech and 20 Crafting, my skill investment is worthless when it comes to obtaining certain items. If I'm still forced to go to a vendor and pay upwards of 100k for a weapon every couple of levels, what was the point of leveling crafting to begin with? Grr.
  • Expand vendor inventory and reduce or remove RNG. Right now, vendors suck. You should be able to go into the right shop and walk out with the weapon or armor that you want, but this isn't possible in the current system. At this point it's just an unnecessary time sink of saving and loading until you get what you want. In order to make crafting truly optional, vendors need to have a large selection. And, or in addition, random drops in the world should offer more high-quality gear, to ensure the is incentive to explore, and again, to ensure that crafting doesn't become mandatory to min-max a build.
  • Make crafting and reverse-engineering the primary sources of crafting XP. Currently, upgrading nets a big bundle of XP, compared to crafting an item. Upgrading should yield much less XP than crafting or reverse-engineering, thereby incentivizing crafting as a means to unlock higher tier crafting recipes and additional perks.
  • KEEP random weapon attributes. Currently, weapon attributes such as headshot damage and elemental damage type are pure RNG. Keeping this mechanic would provide a reason to craft and upgrade new items, since it would avoid losing an item with a good set of attributes when uptiering.
  • ADD recipes for higher-tier weapon and armor mods. This would provide an additional reason to spec into crafting, and reduce some of the RNG. As above, the recipes would be learnable by reverse-engineering, and require the appropriate perk for the respective tier of mod.
  • CHANGE the final perk of the crafting tree to allow preserving the random attributes on a weapon when crafting the next tier up. This would provide a sink for crafting materials and thereby incentivize both crafting and exploration/looting, since you would need to craft a bunch of common items until you get the result you want. Then, you would be able to bring it up to Legendary without losing those attributes. This would also incentivize keeping a good weapon around and simply crafting a new one until this perk was obtained. Merchants might have an analagous service, but it would cost extra--again, to ensure that crafting doesn't become a "must have" skill.

I went back and played a bit more over the holidays, and found a few more things that seemed a little nuts to me - unfinished train stations. Not things that you would ever see while playing the game as it is, but the basic "parts" are still in the game - like the content was suddenly cut and unfinished. Stairs and doors that lead nowhere next to the rails (also elsewhere), with yellow caution markings for where the tram stops, as well as doors that lead to empty buildings. (attached photos) I also found a few indoor locations on top of and inside some buildings that aren't related to any missions/gigs/story content ?(apart from V's hidden apartment). I have a sinking feeling that the "free DLC" in January is a bunch of this cut content.

Also, unrelated; on top of Arasaka, all of the guns and dead guards are still there from
Johnny's mission to blow up the tower.

Attachments

• topOfA.JPG
    topOfA.JPG
    238.1 KB · Views: 32
  • topOfA1.JPG
    topOfA1.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 37
  • train1.JPG
    train1.JPG
    209.1 KB · Views: 37
  • train2.JPG