Novigrad is a ghost town!?

+
Novigrad is a ghost town!?

I've been running aroud the town but there a practicality no NPC's. Sometimes if i stand there long enough they'll pop up, other times i have to mediate for
Them to show up. It's almost game breaking.
I'm just wondering if anyone els is having this issue?

I've been running aroud the town but there a practicality no NPC's. Sometimes if i stand there long enough they'll pop up, other times i have to mediate for
Them to show up. It's almost game breaking.
I'm just wondering if anyone els is having this issue?

That is the attempt from CD Projekt red to improve the framerate on PS4. Lowering graphics and npc

The dude isn't thinking straight, I believe It's been confirmed as a bug, as "reducing" NPC count hasn't done jack shit to increasing performance.

I have the same problem after the patch 1.03. Funny thing is you are at squares that are supposed to be crowded (were crowded before the patch) and there is nobody or just a few npcs. I meditate for 1 hour and then boom its crowded like it should have been. This is really pissing me off, I was having a blast with the game and now its irritating. Where ever I go even in Velen villages its not the same as before and if I dont meditate the npcs dont appear.

Lots of people been reporting it all over the forum myself included, I hope this gets fixed in the next patch. It was great in 1.01 as I never had 1.02 down here no idea how it was during that patch

Has this actually been acknowledged by the developers yet? I'd like to know that this is something that will be fixed in the next patch. Otherwise I'm just going to start over with the unpatched game.

I do not know if you noticed but not only are empty towns and villages but now after the patch it also happens that the NPC appear out of nowhere just you approach, something that had not happened before .. those were the ones who saw it from afar, this thing and quite annoying ..

The part that frustrates me the most about this is that the game worked fine for me as version 1.01 (1.02), I was absolutely loving the game.

Since the 1.03 patch most of the NPC's have disappeared and I just can't enjoy the game in the same way, knowing what it should look like. I wish I'd never downloaded that bloody patch!

The part that frustrates me the most about this is that the game worked fine for me as version 1.01 (1.02), I was absolutely loving the game.

Since the 1.03 patch most of the NPC's have disappeared and I just can't enjoy the game in the same way, knowing what it should look like. I wish I'd never downloaded that bloody patch!

Completely agree.. I was infatuated with the game initially. Then patch 1.03 came along and everything went downhill. Between the npc limitations, popping and texture issues that are now present, as well as the new experience glitch, I'm very disappointed with CDPR. Like LordEurope, I'm thinking Bloodborne needs some attention until they sort this mess out. Shame too, I was legitimately about to pick up the Heart of Stone/Blood and Wine pass on the PS Store this afternoon, but decided against it once Count Reuven's Treasure quest yielded no XP for a third time. Hopefully they'll figure something out soon.

well yeah the same happened to me just know, and came to the forums for an answer... so this is how they are trying to fix the FPS? well, it looks that their engine is subpar and not optimized as we speak, it looks that they need like 3 more month for deeper optimization

well yeah the same happened to me just know, and came to the forums for an answer... so this is how they are trying to fix the FPS? well, it looks that their engine is subpar and not optimized as we speak, it looks that they need like 3 more month for deeper optimization

I think it's a bug, rather than an attempt at improving performance. I don't understand why they were tweaking NPC spawn rates in the first place though since there was no problem with it in version 1.01.

Like I mentioned before this is what frustrates me the most. It's like CDPR broke a game I was loving through their incompetence and yet haven't even acknowledged the problem yet. If I hadn't been enjoying the game so much previously I wouldn't be so agitated by this whole debacle.

is there any way to unistall the patch and go back to 1.01?

Yeah, but you'll have to delete your current installation of the game, the re-download it from psn (or the disc if you have it physically). However, the only other issues are your save games, which may not work if you go back to an older version. Lastly you'd need to stop the ps4 automatically installing the latest update. Hopefully the ps4 has an option for this.

I do not know if you noticed but not only are empty towns and villages but now after the patch it also happens that the NPC appear out of nowhere just you approach, something that had not happened before .. those were the ones who saw it from afar, this thing and quite annoying ..
Video about that. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6W9UUhMjsI .0:32 - Terrible pop in now. And everything was great on 1.02 Patch. I don't understand, what CDPR doing. Optimization not = downgrade. I hope they understand it and fix it in the next patch. I try to write about that to Marcin's twiiter, but he keep silence.

Yeah, but you'll have to delete your current installation of the game, the re-download it from psn (or the disc if you have it physically). However, the only other issues are your save games, which may not work if you go back to an older version. Lastly you'd need to stop the ps4 automatically installing the latest update. Hopefully the ps4 has an option for this.

There is no way to play the game with patch 1.01 any more, since you either play the game without any patches (1.00) or with the latest patch (1.03). The unpatched game has many bugs and lacks lot's of balance improvements that were introduced in patch 1.01.

It's not a very appealing alternative to playing with patch 1.03, trust me I've put about 6 hours into a new game I started with a fresh install.

There is no way to play the game with patch 1.01 any more, since you either play the game without any patches (1.00) or with the latest patch (1.03). The unpatched game has many bugs and lacks lot's of balance improvements that were introduced in patch 1.01.

It's not a very appealing alternative to playing with patch 1.03, trust me I've put about 6 hours into a new game I started with a fresh install.

Ah, my mistake.

Top Bottom