Novigrad is a ghost town!?

+
How is this not more of an issue than the fps? Losing some framerates is not that bad but when you start losing npc's that some of the game missing..

You know, I've become disillusioned with the launch of some games these days. I mean, all the excitement gets washed away when you realise you're a glorified beta tester who just paid for the privilege to do so. I feel these days you're best just to forget about games at launch and come back when it's truly finished. Don't get me wrong though, it's a wonderful game, and CDPR are great devs, but sometimes it sucks to be a modern video game consumer.

What I'd like them to do is release patch 1.02 on the PSN whereby you can choose to download it from The Witcher 3 content section. They could warn people that they will be unable to play using saves from a later iteration of the game.

I don't care that I would have to start again. As long as I can continue to play the game that I love with the version I find most agreeable.

I sent a support ticket to CDPR regarding this issue yesterday, I still haven't had a response yet and in the partial change-log for the latest patch they don't mentioned fixing this. Are they even aware of this bug? Have they been purposefully ignoring the many topics and posts about it?

It really shouldn't be difficult to fix when they introduced it with a patch anyway.

What I'd like them to do is release patch 1.02 on the PSN whereby you can choose to download it from The Witcher 3 content section. They could warn people that they will be unable to play using saves from a later iteration of the game.

I don't care that I would have to start again. As long as I can continue to play the game that I love with the version I find most agreeable.
Patches are not only intended to correct performance, but also quest bugs, so eventually you could go back to 1.02 but along with the the NPC spawning, LOD ecc right in place, you'll also get back game breaking bugged quests that was ironed out with the 1.03.
We have just to wait, it's only a matter of time I think, this game is one of the biggest achievement in the industry since years, technically and gameplay wise, variables are multiple and so the possility of errors, they just need time.
I know it's not completely acceptable because we already paid with our working time to afford this masterpiece in a possibly complete and functional way, but our words don't get unlistened, it's just the fact that the game is so compelling that every second of waiting seems an eternity.

I remember a line of Samuel Beckett, it was something like a duke or a noble went to a popular tailor to get a tailored trousers, days went by but the trousers weren't ready, so the noble went to the tailor to complain for the elapsed time since the order, and said to him: "Even God made the world in only 6 days, why is getting to you so much to sew my trousers?"
The tailor, perfectly quiet, replied: "Do you think the world in front of your very eyes was worth the waiting? Now take a look at your brand new trousers!"

I'm not happy with this situation, but i trust CDPR is the tailor who can sew the perfect trousers for all of us, just a matter of time. Let's just be patients and thankful, it isn't simple and it isn't due, but it's all we have now...

Last edited:
The primary reason why this irritates me so much is that I was loving the game prior to patch 1.03. I don't want to play it in this current state because the NPC's are a huge part of my immersion and with so many missing I feel like I'm not enjoying the game to the extent I could be.

I hadn't encountered any serious bugs in over 40 hours of play with version 1.02, so that is why I am biased towards that as my preferred version.

Early we saw a video of digital foundry i think, showing a case of objects and NPCs pop-in suddenly on Ps4 vs XboxOne (no bridge, priest popped-in ecc): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezYecVMGwIA.
Here' s a vid captured through Ps4 Share function with the same place showing how the situation is completely different for someone else, on Ps4 again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNJhkQQukoE

This maybe should reassure us it's not a technical issue build up on poor hardware perfomance but just something in needing of optimization, maybe this is a case applicable also on framerate issues.
Let's hope they'll fix it soon.

Last edited:
I thought I was the only one that noticed the change in NPC spawn rates. Also ever since the latest patch textures now render late in the cities as well as the NPCs clothing. I hope CDPR acknowledges the issue cause it might be ture that it's an optimization issue.

I really hope this is fixed in patch 1.04. I've already put off playing since the last patch ruined this aspect of the game and waiting for the next patch to hit has been really difficult.

CDPR haven't even confirmed when patch 1.04 is actually due out for consoles.

Would someone from CDPR reply please? At least tell us that you guys are aware of this problem. Please show up, someone, I'm eagerly waiting..

I would like to know what is going on as well. There are many stalls selling goods in Novigrad but the have no shopkeepers. Is this related to a bug or not?

I would like to know what is going on as well. There are many stalls selling goods in Novigrad but the have no shopkeepers. Is this related to a bug or not?

Yes this is essentially the same bug, NPCs are missing everywhere.

Today I got a response from the support ticket I sent to CDPR. They said they "are currently working very hard on implementing a fix for this issue". So hopefully this will be resolved in the upcoming patch.

Is it only me but do the merchants in Novigrad don't appear if your jogging or running in the city. I literally have to walk the whole time while I'm there or meditate for them to appear.

Looks like CDPR fix this bug in 1.05 patch.
No, i was wrong. Problem still here.

Last edited:
Top Bottom