Now playing [music]

+
Mobb Deep "trying to be a thug". Right.

You said "life gets so fucked up sometimes, right?". I'm saying people who choose the thug life should expect as much. I wasn't necessarily referencing him in particular just people who go out of their out way to be a thug (or thug wannabe) in general. Many people idolize it like it's some great achievement. Well, if they want to be a thug then don't complain about having a shitty life lol. It's like complaining that fire burns after choosing to stick your hand in the fire...

I know many people are born into the lifestyle and it's not by choice but what I don't understand are the people who praise it and attempt to imitate it.

Last edited:
You said "life gets so fucked up sometimes, right?". I'm saying people who choose the thug life should expect as much. I wasn't necessarily referencing him in particular just people who go out of their out way to be a thug (or thug wannabe) in general. Many people idolize it like it's some great achievement. Well, if they want to be a thug then don't complain about having a shitty life lol. It's like complaining that fire burns after choosing to stick your hand in the fire...

Did you even listen to the song?

What I said was referencing the song's theme, which is "secret love", living in a triangle. The kind of love that needs to be "kept low". And how this kind of relationship can be painful in and of itself and also cause trouble for all involved. This whole "thug life" you suddenly jumped on is not mentioned in any context, neither by my post nor the song itself.

What I said was referencing the song's theme, which is "secret love", living in a triangle. The kind of love that needs to be "kept low". And how this kind of relationship can be painful in and of itself and also cause trouble for all involved. This whole "thug life" you suddenly jumped on is not mentioned in any context, neither by my post nor the song itself.

Isn't part of being a hardened thug sleeping around and being a "player"? If you look at most of the ghettos (at least in the USA) that thugs live in usually you see women that have many children all from different fathers. I just found it ironic that self proclaimed thugs were singing about how hard love triangles are...

Anyways, this is going completely off topic so I'll drop it.

Last edited:

Oh dear...

Last edited:
So sad to hear about Origa passing away. Way too early and such a terrible way to go. Gonna have to repeat some previous posted songs, but it can't be helped. Russia lost a great lady.

That song is stuck in my head, now. And I don't really mind! The news about the singer is definitely sad, though.

Top Bottom