Now playing [music]

+
Alexius321;n7596660 said:
Are there any musicians on this forum?
There are, but they're sometimes a bit scattered about. You are correct, though: I believe it's been quite some time since we saw an actual thread dedicated exclusively to musical discussions. However, as a recent, and interesting, example, there is a conversation with adamscore, (one of the original composers from the The Witcher and Assassins of Kings!), over here. shestopalov, who occasionally shares his guitar arrangements of Witcher III music over in Fan Art (see also the most recent post in that thread) also comes immediately to mind. I'm sure there are, and have been, other musicians around. It's simply a bit of a trick finding them when and where they happen to visit.

Riven-Twain;n7596820 said:
There are, but they're sometimes a bit scattered about. You are correct, though: I believe it's been quite some time since we saw an actual thread dedicated exclusively to musical discussions.

That's what I had in mind. I've seen threads or posts involving certain performances or announcements here and there, but those are isolated cases. I thought there would be a separate thread for people who would simply want to discuss musical intricacies, on a simple or complex level, or for those who want to, perhaps, take up learning an instrument so the ones who do play can share their advice, experience, etc.

Alexius321;n7597100 said:
I thought there would be a separate thread for people who would simply want to discuss musical intricacies, on a simple or complex level, or for those who want to, perhaps, take up learning an instrument so the ones who do play can share their advice, experience, etc.
Looking back through the archives, there have been one or two comparatively recent attempts to have musical discussions, but these appear to have concentrated mostly on musical preferences, and they didn't get far.

If you'd like to start a new thread, however, and see what ensues, please, feel free.

[video=youtube;mAe-ZNiIeN8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAe-ZNiIeN8[/video]

Probably one of the best live bands I ever had the opportunity to see in my life. They're coming to London in July, hope to see them again then.

Kinley;n7660000 said:
Probably one of the best live bands I ever had the opportunity to see in my life. They're coming to London in July, hope to see them again then.

I've never seen them live but have always wanted to. I use to love going to live shows. My favorite ever was this one:

It was a midnight show at Bonnaroo (in Manchester Tennessee) in June 2008. It had been like 90 degrees F (30 C) that day but it poured rain that night. It felt incredible, the music was incredible. It was just an awesome experience. The song above closed the first set with Metallica's lead guitar player joining in.

EDIT: I just realized I haven't seen a live show since May 2015 ... :(

Rawls;n7660710 said:
It was a midnight show at Bonnaroo (in Manchester Tennessee) in June 2008. It had been like 90 degrees F (30 C) that day but it poured rain that night. It felt incredible, the music was incredible. It was just an awesome experience. The song above closed the first set with Metallica's lead guitar player joining in.

That's just pure awesomeness. Bit of a reversal of what I experienced during Graspop 2016 - it was pouring all day, was soaked to the bone, but once Iron Maiden stepped on stage the clouds just decided to sod off. It was so good.

Last live show I went to was RHCP at the O2 back in December. Another band that is just amazing live and it was a bit of a dream come true since I wanted to see them live ever since I was a teenager.

[video=youtube;oGU-Bfgw5ew]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGU-Bfgw5ew[/video]

One random song from my teenage years started to play in my head without any reason.

And while I'm at it, a bit more of that stuff :p

And one tribute song, which I always liked very much.

Top Bottom