Now playing [music]

+
Few newer things I've been listening too lately -

[video=youtube;r-MgXtelSYQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-MgXtelSYQ&index=6&list=PLYXgrm8G-aHwhfJdOB0RJLqPueH1lVABC[/video]

Working on new playlist using (almost) all songs from 2017. It's been a bit of an odd year for music IMO. Rock is definitely in an 80's revival trend currently. Hip hop is definitely still in. What's a folk enthusiast like me to do?

Halfway Home – Broken Social Scene
Castle on the Hill – Ed Sheeran
Sign of the Times – Harry Styles
Love is Mystical – Cold War Kids
We Like It – Computer Games
Want You Back – HAIM
Take it All Back 2.0 – Judah and the Lion
Feel it Still – Portugal: The Man
I Dare You – the xx
Like the Piano – Sampha
Rosie – John Mayer
Malibu – Miley Cyrus (don't judge me ... you know it's good)
Darling – Real Estate
Doomsday – Ryan Adams
Ballad of the Dying Man - Father John Misty
Say You Won’t Let Go – James Arthur (technically 2016, deal with it).
Thinking of a Place – The War on Drugs

Yeah boi, let's keep this thread going.

This week's vibe was a bit of a mix for me.

A bit of Raconteurs, especially this alternative version of one of their songs.

Chiptune from time to time, Dunderpatrullen never disappoints.

And been listening to this Romanian group a lot lately - Subcarpați, they blend traditional Romanian folk and hip-hop. Love them to bits.

Last edited:
Kinley;n9379181 said:
And been listening to this Romanian group a lot lately - Subcarpați, they blend traditional Romanian folk and hip-hop. Love them to bits.

That's really interesting. I'm really not into hip hop or other related genres but at least this particular song is quite good, more in the direction of "trip hop".

I've had this song in my head all week, from when I was a teenager. Haven't listened to Dark Tranquility in a long time...

Last edited:
volsung;n9380121 said:
I've had this song in my head all week, from when I was a teenager. Haven't listened to Dark Tranquility in a long time...

Oh man isn't that a blast from the past. Aside from Maiden I haven't really listened to metal lately. Need to fix that.

volsung;n9380121 said:
That's really interesting. I'm really not into hip hop or other related genres but at least this particular song is quite good, more in the direction of "trip hop".
Their style varies a lot from song to song. The only constant being the traditional Romanian folk elements.

This is their latest one:

My all time favorite of theirs:

Was never really into hip-hop myself, but this style and the message (remembering where we come from in a time where Romania seems to be going through yet another identity crisis) really appeals to me.

RidiculousName;n9414581 said:
Heard part of this song in a video, and had to listen to it in its entirety. Was my favourite song for a long time when it first came out. "Boten Anna" by Basshunter:

LAN centers back in the day were blasting his songs constantly, those were the times...

Feeling nostalgic, so I dug up this song:

[video=youtube;wq-S8CIU7VA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq-S8CIU7VA[/video]

I only know it because I was a huge fan of O.C. (the TV series). :)

Top Bottom