Now reading [books]

+
I am on Silmarillion, and I gotta say it's extremely interesting.

Ah, yes. I finally got around to reading the Silmarillion too, this year. I didn't feel like a proper nerd without having read it, you know. Granted, I'm nowhere near the level of the dreaded Archnerds that roam the Web, but I'm a nerd all the same!
I'm a humble nerd, worshipping at the altar of Holy Nerdom.

and here, all this time I thought it was unholy nerddom.

Currently reading "To Say Nothing of the Dog" by Connie Willis. A hilarious time travel romp backk to Victorian England.

Just finished reading "The Elusive Shift", a history of the early days of tabletop role-playing games (when people were arguing about "what is a role-playing game anyway?").

Oh wait, that's pretty much like today. :)

Some arguments have been going on as long as the hobby!

Cheers,
Merric

I love the classics, and one of my favorites that I recently finished is by John Steinbeck called "Travels with Charley: In Search of America". Terrific book written from the POV of Steinbeck traveling across America with his faithful dog Charley in search of the soul of America back in the 1960's.

I have the latest illustrated edition, it's an absolute treat to read
Now, I have to praise Villeneuve's film. Go see it. I am a little disappointed at some of the scenes that they decided to cut (I can already smell a much more comprehensive Director's Cut), but the visualization and character work was excellent.

Seen it twice already, it is that good. Can't wait for Part 2 (and the reveal of Feyd-Rautha's actor)
As this is does directly reference the books:

I could not believe that they didn't do the scene of Duncan arriving at the palace drunk and Jessica's confrontation at the table with Thufir. What a couple of scenes to throw away! It has to be there. They must have filmed it.

I'm gonna start reading Justine... wish me luck.

Okay, couldn't finish that filth. Why the fuck didn't Napoleon execute that guy like he deserved?!?

Last edited:
Completely accidentally found this, but feeling lucky so far!
It's dark and twisted enough for my liking.
Will see how the rest of the series go.
Also, really glad it's short enough.
croppe2.png

And Shall Machines Surrender

Top Bottom