now that B&W is out, any chance of getting the full modkit?

+
now that B&W is out, any chance of getting the full modkit?

I really love the mods that are being released, but just imagine if we can get the full modkit like CDPR promised pre-release...this would extend TW3's life for so many years like Skyrim, especially since we will not be getting another Witcher game for a very very long time, if ever.

Please CDPR, please do this to perfect this masterpiece!

Last edited:
They said there would be a surprise at E3, I hope and believe it's the redkit 2, but who knows. If it's not happening at E3, then it's not happening at all.

all i found on them for e3 was

"It might happen that we will be at E3 and we will show something at E3, but I just want to make it clear it's not Cyberpunk. We still have a lot of work to do with Cyberpunk."
This new game will be "a new type of video game format previously unexplored by the studio," according to Iwinski.

all i found on them for e3 was

"It might happen that we will be at E3 and we will show something at E3, but I just want to make it clear it's not Cyberpunk. We still have a lot of work to do with Cyberpunk."
This new game will be "a new type of video game format previously unexplored by the studio," according to Iwinski.
Witcher text-based adventure game!

Man, if they will announce anything that goes with word "mod" at E3, I'm going to buy the game for the second time.

Guest 2364765

I really love the mods that are being released, but just imagine if we can get the full modkit like CDPR promised pre-release...this would extend TW3's life for so many years like Skyrim, especially since we will not be getting another Witcher game for a very very long time, if ever.

Please CDPR, please do this to perfect this masterpiece!
Let me look into my magic crystal ball

E3 announcement is most likely tied to the new AAA project of genre that was previously "unexplored" by studio so i bet it's either multiplayer, FPS or RTS.
Probably something related to MP as CDPR was looking for networking engineers for a while now.
Witcher has a small team of people left to maintain the project till the end of the year and that's that. There's nobody actively working on developing W3 related tools. I doubt that we'll ever see another "modkit" update.

Let me look into my magic crystal ball

E3 announcement is most likely tied to the new AAA project of genre that was previously "unexplored" by studio so i bet it's either multiplayer, FPS or RTS.
Probably something related to MP as CDPR was looking for networking engineers for a while now.
Witcher has a small team of people left to maintain the project till the end of the year and that's that. There's nobody actively working on developing W3 related tools. I doubt that we'll ever see another "modkit" update.
Not much if any financial incentive to dedicate time to make a streamlined version of their dev tools exclusively for the PC community.

My guess of their mindset nowadays.

The surprise I think will be Gwent related for sure.

But I also think they will release REDKIT2 because we will not see any Witcher game for some years to come and they want to keep that franchise live & healthy.
They just need to find some time & resources, but till end of this year we could see it. I believe in them as always ;)

I mean they said they'd be working on Witcher 3 until 2017 after all the success and rewards they got.

Cross fingers they release good modding tools so that the game attracts more modders.

Guest 2364765

I mean they said they'd be working on Witcher 3 until 2017 after all the success and rewards they got.

Cross fingers they release good modding tools so that the game attracts more modders.

2017 will be here in 6 months, if there weren't working on the tools before, it's too little time to start from scratch, especially with downsized team.

2017 will be here in 6 months, if there weren't working on the tools before, it's too little time to start from scratch, especially with downsized team.

Maybe not from a scratch at all, you for sure remember the leaked "redkit" few months ago, so atleast there is a little chance, but very very slim one.

Guest 2364765

Maybe not from a scratch at all, you for sure remember the leaked "redkit" few months ago, so atleast there is a little chance, but very very slim one.

That was internal tool, not meant to be released outside. I'm aware that since February of 2015 Redkit must've come a long way internally but it's not a build meant to be ever shown outside, especially since CDPR seems to have shifted away from idea of licensing the engine to 3rd parties in nearest future.

If they don't have a version they could sell i doubt there's a version they could give away for free.

If they don't have a version they could sell i doubt there's a version they could give away for free.

They atleast could give you, moders, something to control animations, I mean replacing them, same for importing our own music etc.. Would be nice.

Guest 2364765

They atleast could give you, moders, something to control animations, I mean replacing them, same for importing our own music etc.. Would be nice.
I assume that's what modkit was meant to do - a basic import/export tool, except it's poor, lacks features and barely works.

Top Bottom