Now that Homecoming is finally dead, is there any chance of bringing back pre-HC Gwent?

+
I uninstalled Gwent when Homecoming came out and while I still occasionally theorycraft pre-HC Gwent decks for fun, I have frankly zero interest in playing Homecoming. I know for a fact I'm far from the only one, as there are multiple communities where I've discussed the game and we've all been basically waiting for Homecoming to die and CD Projekt Red to hopefully bring back pre-HC Gwent when the "you think you want that, but you don't" attitude against bringing back good old Gwent loses all pretenses at credence. We do want that, and we don't want Homecoming. We being a great many of us who quit Gwent as Homecoming rolled out.

So is there any chance of bringing back pre-HC Gwent? I'll even take Midwinter Gwent with its inadvisable Create mechanics (but not the initial Midwinter Gwent with Doppler+Henselt abuse, Wardancer abuse, and Runestone abuse), although pre-Midwinter would be better.

Last edited:
Frankly, it's been a disappointment not being able to play Gwent anymore. It is also my understanding that there are people attempting to revive pre-HC Gwent in their own way, while no one is trying to make Homecoming servers, which is also telling, in my view.

Personally, I have a lot of deck concepts I reckon I'll never get to play, simply because that game is dead and gone.

CDPR could bring it back though, and I wish they would. It wouldn't exactly cost them a lot of money to put the old client and server software back online.

Last edited:
Been looking around a bit and it looks like a lot of the old Gwent community switched over to Legends of Runeterra (or just plain moved on), which I did too I suppose, but LoR is just not the same... Alas!

Does anyone else from time to time spend time wondering about the decks they could've made back in Gwent, before the HC overhaul?

Top Bottom