Now that it's out - What is new to NG+?

+
Now that it's out - What is new to NG+?

hi guys.

for those who got a few hours on NG+ i wanna ask :
is there anything more to it than just keeping the old equipment and skills and bumping some numbers of AIs the make them challenging?

to me it sounds like all the game does it making enemies do more damage and have more health.

is there anything more substantial to it than that? are there end-game type of enemies earlier on, or any changes to enemy locations or configurations?
anything that is more meaningful than just a restart of the game with 30 skill points right out the gate and upgraded armor? anything that changes the way you play or experience the game?

---------- Updated at 07:02 PM ----------

anyone played it enough to tell?

you start again with all items, armor, weapons, formulae, schematic, skill points, level, recipes, trophies, but none of the quest items, books, or gwent cards
more and harder enemies, that's all i know so far

Last edited:
Does anyone know if I need the latest patch in order to start a NW+? I'd much rather keep my current version

Hi,

I downloaded 1.08.02, the NG+ DLC and tried to start a New Game+, but after I choose the save file, where I finished the game it says: "Game not completed in this save". I tried uploading the save file, where I am back a Kaer Morhen after I finished the main quest and the credits rolles. I tried other later save file, but I always get the same info, that this save file does not have a finished game.

Does a finished game require me to finish all the side quests, even some Gwent Card tournament quests?

Edit: I tried different difficulty settings for NG+, because I am not sure at which difficulty I finished the game, but this doesn't solve the problem.

Last edited:
you MUST have 1.08.2. no way around it, because you MUST make a save with THAT version of the game in order to use it for NG+

Uff, that's quite the disappointment... I might do it if they'd release Japanese Language pack so I can replay the game with a bit of anime feeling but under these circumstances I'm not that motivated to start a NW+...

Last edited:
Hi,

I downloaded 1.08.02, the NG+ DLC and tried to start a New Game+, but after I choose the save file, where I finished the game it says: "Game not completed in this save". I tried uploading the save file, where I am back a Kaer Morhen after I finished the main quest and the credits rolles. I tried other later save file, but I always get the same info, that this save file does not have a finished game.

Does a finished game require me to finish all the side quests, even some Gwent Card tournament quests?

Edit: I tried different difficulty settings for NG+, because I am not sure at which difficulty I finished the game, but this doesn't solve the problem.

as advised - load you last game that was made on whatever update it was at the time, now SAVE AGAIN (so the save is on 1.08.2 and nothing else) and use THAT save for the NG+.

now, lets get back on topic, if you got anything to contribute on that matter. im curious to know.
because a NG+ with only beefing up the enemies to be still challenging at the same way and form as they were before seems more lazy to me than the mods the PC version has.

Thanks, worked.
I think it's a bad choice that you can play through only on the lvl you finished the game. I finished on lvl 34 and now on Death March this game is not going to be difficult. I hoped I could reset my lvl to lvl 30 or even lower. Such an option shouldn't be much work for CDPR, so I am surprised it's not available.

So far in my NG+ playthrough nothing new. Just monsters with higher lvl (first nekkers you fight with Vesimir are at lvl 31).
EDIT: And my first hard crash after a few minutes of gameplay. Need to resart the PC... Nothing new had over 100 of them from 1.01 till 1.08.02 (but than I played really a lot, just get annoying when you record).

Last edited:
I shall repeat myself, everything carries over except quest items and guent cards, difficulty scales up too, you have new upgrades for your gear, namely LEGENDARY ITEMS.

Was kinda disappointed that I couldn't use some of my Equipment in NG+...also, there were some swords which required Level 38 in the base game, was already looking Forward to finally be able to use some of that stuff...and guess what, they bumped the required Level for those swords way up in the Level 60 range...really don't know how I feel about that, since leveling up will probably still take ages...

Was kinda disappointed that I couldn't use some of my Equipment in NG+...also, there were some swords which required Level 38 in the base game, was already looking Forward to finally be able to use some of that stuff...and guess what, they bumped the required Level for those swords way up in the Level 60 range...really don't know how I feel about that, since leveling up will probably still take ages...

Not really, you level up pretty quickly to 40 just by doing white orchard.

Im sure those will come with the expansions or through a mod before then.

I doubt it. The NG+ is the only mode in which more skill slots would have make sense.
Now, this mod is simply not worth it for me. It's basically...do the same thing another time, but with less stuff to do.

Top Bottom