Now that it's out - What is new to NG+?

+
I doubt it. The NG+ is the only mode in which more skill slots would have make sense.
Now, this mod is simply not worth it for me. It's basically...do the same thing another time, but with less stuff to do.

Will make sense with the expansions which are as big as Witcher 2, the whole game will get rebalanced for those, so will the slots, makes sense.

I'm a few hours into my new game + play through, and I'm noticing that ? don't appear on the map anymore, although they are still there and lootable. Same with places of power.

Edit: Actually never mind they do pop up again.

Last edited:
I started a new game + quit it and started from scratch again. Being op and able to drink 2 decoctions and hit work and destroy everyone so easily right of the bat ruins the fun. I'm kind of pissed I waited for this to start a new game. I def would have rather had a really cool new dlc. They should have just patched this in. I'm actually surprised so many ppl wanted this abd they responded. Cuz while in other games it works out. It just doesn't in this one. All we got here is u can use all your skill points from the get go and keep your armor and swords. Part of the fun was getting all of that stuff abd being able to use it for first time.

Last edited:

Tuco

Forum veteran
Played just the beginning to test it and... yep, as I was expecting this doesn't even make the game harder.

Quite the opposite: starting as a overpowered high level character with tons of potions already in inventory makes everything trivially easy from the start.
Unless I'm missing some spectacular feature I have yet to cross, this NG+ mode is every bit as pointless as I anticipated it to be (so exactly like the overwhelming majority of all the NG+ modes in gaming, nothing new here).

Last edited:
I was hoping it would have at least offered greater challenge. That would have been my only reason for trying it.

There's really no point in this NG+. It is just...replay the exactly same game with most of all unlocked, with less stuff to do, with no possibilities to progress further because you have the same 16 skill slots...and with the same items.
Really disappointing.

I want to play the game through again in a few months when before the first big expansion comes out. Is it worth playing a NG+ to get ready for the expansion or just start a new game from scratch do you think?

Reading all of this, the only thing that I'm kinda iffy about concerning NG+ is the fact that I'll lose all of my gwent cards. I imagine my deck would be pretty OP right from the start, but I went through a lot collecting my cards. Although, I suppose re-collecting all of them and beating everyone with a new deck the second time around might be interesting.. At least until I get the legendary neutrals and steamroll my way through plebs and nobles alike. I might've complained about the Legendary version of the Witcher gear not looking different, but Mastercrafted Ursine armor looks badass as is.

Other than that I don't really have an issue with it. I already planned to replay the game - mainly to fix all of my mistakes and experience the few quests that I missed or failed, that way I can have a satisfying canon story lined up for the expansions. Might even up the difficulty the second time 'round.

One question nobody has answered yet, unless I missed it - do items in the stash carry over, or, do those items have to be in Geralt's personal inventory?

In an unrelated note, there is one thing I'd like to point out to those of you frustrated because it's not as challenging as you want it to be - stop. Four million copies of this game have been sold, and you are one of them. Just one. The devs have to make decisions that will work for the majority of players and not the minority. If you've put in 285 hours into this game, as I have, OBVIOUSLY the combat is going to trivialize itself overtime. I guarantee you if it be came too hard you'd have way more people complaining about that than it being too easy.

One question nobody has answered yet, unless I missed it - do items in the stash carry over, or, do those items have to be in Geralt's personal inventory?

Yes, storage chest items carry over.

The things that did not carry over to the NG+:

1. All trophies from the contracts
2. Any diagrams of armor/swords that you had already. Meaning that you have to go through and get them again, that is if you didn't have one of every item made & saved in your storage chest.

If you have only enhanced oils, here is your chance to finally get the superior ones that you couldn't find. Like me. I'm still missing the superior versions of cursed, specter, draconid & relics. Maybe I will get them this time.

Last edited:
Im replaying on death march(new game +) right now. Wolf packs are ridiculously overpowered, even when I'm 5 level's over them. Anybody have any tips on how to kill these bastards? I tried luring them away from the pack one at a time, and its useless.

Im replaying on death march(new game +) right now. Wolf packs are ridiculously overpowered, even when I'm 5 level's over them. Anybody have any tips on how to kill these bastards? I tried luring them away from the pack one at a time, and its useless.
As Vesemir would say, in any fight, you always wait for an opportunity...

In seriousness, packs of anything suck. I just came across a pack of lvl 12 Nekker Warriors on death march, and I'm lvl 34, that were annoying as hell.

Depends on your build, of course. I use an adrenaline build. Enhanced Blizzard to improve your reflexes, maribor forest to get my DPS up quicker, and if they're proving especially difficult, drink a thunderbolt so they die in fewer hits. Keep dodging them and wait for them to open themselves to attack. I've found using heavy attacks doesn't always work the best because they're quick, so even though strong attacks are the crux of my build, I sometimes I have to slide fast attacks in to actually hit them.

So Death March in ng+ is actually hard? that's good to hear. I was a little worried there would be no challenge.

Top Bottom