Now that it's out - What is new to NG+?

+
Im replaying on death march(new game +) right now. Wolf packs are ridiculously overpowered, even when I'm 5 level's over them. Anybody have any tips on how to kill these bastards? I tried luring them away from the pack one at a time, and its useless.

Throw down a Yrden circle, its awesome for packs of enemies. Every wolf, nekker, drowner, and anything entering it will slow to a crawl. Plus if you have it leveled up enough, everything affected by Yrden will take 50% more damage. One more thing that helps "not necessary" is if your Yrden is leveled enough you can use the secondary effect. So after you have a Yrden circle on the ground, stand near the center of it and press your Yrden key but hold it down for a few seconds. It will place a floating Yrden sign that will zap and damage, stagger anything in range. They will be very slow and be getting shocked while you slice and dice. Yrden is awesome for packs of enemies.

It's been said before, but isn't the point of NG+ to actually play as a witcher and not have to worry about unlocking crap that you should already know? I'm going to wait for the expansions (both, as once November hits, I'll be all up in Fallout :) to start it...and it will be glorious. :)

Yes, storage chest items carry over.

The things that did not carry over to the NG+:

1. All trophies from the contracts
2. Any diagrams of armor/swords that you had already. Meaning that you have to go through and get them again, that is if you didn't have one of every item made & saved in your storage chest.

If you have only enhanced oils, here is your chance to finally get the superior ones that you couldn't find. Like me. I'm still missing the superior versions of cursed, specter, draconid & relics. Maybe I will get them this time.
I assumed diagrams would carry over, like alchemy formulas. That's annoying if true. I wasn't planning on changing my build, but, I've spent the last 3 hours getting diagrams for other Witcher gear. That won't carry over now?

Was kinda disappointed that I couldn't use some of my Equipment in NG+...also, there were some swords which required Level 38 in the base game, was already looking Forward to finally be able to use some of that stuff...and guess what, they bumped the required Level for those swords way up in the Level 60 range...really don't know how I feel about that, since leveling up will probably still take ages...

Really? That's a bit disappointing. I, too, was looking forward to NG+ so I could try out those weapons that previously required Geralt to be something around level 43 to use equip them.

I started a new game + quit it and started from scratch again. Being op and able to drink 2 decoctions and hit work and destroy everyone so easily right of the bat ruins the fun. I'm kind of pissed I waited for this to start a new game. I def would have rather had a really cool new dlc. They should have just patched this in. I'm actually surprised so many ppl wanted this abd they responded. Cuz while in other games it works out. It just doesn't in this one. All we got here is u can use all your skill points from the get go and keep your armor and swords. Part of the fun was getting all of that stuff abd being able to use it for first time.
Thats what many ppl said about it before and didnt understant for what is ng+ good for in this game. I still consider ng+ unnecessary but here u got it, enjoy replaying the game without half of the fun. I´m just disappointed that there could be some nice final DLC instead of this, whatever, lets wait for expansions.

I only played an hour or so, but I'm enjoying NG+ in The Witcher 3. I argue that it actually fits this game perfectly to have a highlevel, well equipped Geralt to start with - he is not new to the business, after all; he is a living legend.

Thats what many ppl said about it before and didnt understant for what is ng+ good for in this game. I still consider ng+ unnecessary but here u got it, enjoy replaying the game without half of the fun. I´m just disappointed that there could be some nice final DLC instead of this, whatever, lets wait for expansions.
same here. CDPR should've focused on things that actually matter in an RPG game like the expansions and the REDkit 2.
new game + is for games like the arkham series and so on, NOT for an RPG.

Tuco

Forum veteran
It's been said before, but isn't the point of NG+ to actually play as a witcher and not have to worry about unlocking crap that you should already know?
It has been said, yes, but it never made any sense as an excuse.

I'm shocked by the difficulty. I hoped CDP would use that chance to make Death 'March finally difficult considering only a very tiny percentage of players will even play a 100+ hours ago two times and even less will play it on the highest difficulty. But no, the game is now significantly easier than before.
With 60+ skill points and the mastercrafted armour White Orchard felt like i was playing on easy.
In vanilla Death March at least the prologue and the first 5-10 hours of Velen were challenging and only after that the game became a cake walk.
Now I don't even want to know how ridiculously easy the game will become once I get the legendary witcher gear.
I knew all the whining about the difficulty of Witcher 2 would have an effect on Witcher 3. Thanks for that....

Are you guys able to see POIs on the world map? They just don't show up for me, and yes, they are enabled. Loading an old not NG+ save they are fine.
I mean the "?" marks...once I discover a POI, then it correctly shows up.

Last edited:
I'm shocked by the difficulty. I hoped CDP would use that chance to make Death 'March finally difficult considering only a very tiny percentage of players will even play a 100+ hours ago two times and even less will play it on the highest difficulty. But no, the game is now significantly easier than before.
With 60+ skill points and the mastercrafted armour White Orchard felt like i was playing on easy.
In vanilla Death March at least the prologue and the first 5-10 hours of Velen were challenging and only after that the game became a cake walk.
Now I don't even want to know how ridiculously easy the game will become once I get the legendary witcher gear.
I knew all the whining about the difficulty of Witcher 2 would have an effect on Witcher 3. Thanks for that....

I for one got demolished by a pack wolves in White Orchard yesterday... while I was using ekhidna+archgriffin decoctions and wearing the mastercrafted wolven set.
Granted, I wasn't very cautious ;)

I for one got demolished by a pack wolves in White Orchard yesterday... while I was using ekhidna+archgriffin decoctions and wearing the mastercrafted wolven set.
Granted, I wasn't very cautious ;)
It heavily depends on your build. Try a swords/alchemy build with focus on fast attacks and you will kill a wolf with two hits. I needed maybe 20 seconds to kill the griffin. (not counting the time to reach the mill)

I have to say that signs are a lot less useful. Enemies seem to have a built in resistance to them now... even enemies the same level as you!

So Death March in ng+ is actually hard? that's good to hear. I was a little worried there would be no challenge.

On my first play through, about half way through the main story, I jacked the difficulty up to death march and the rest of the game was still a breeze. Now that I'm a 39, the enemies are all about 3 or 4 level's below me, and I personally feel that there AI has been tweaked to be a lot more vicious then they were in non new game + death march. In white orchard when you go back to the inn to meet up with vesemir, after you kill the griffin, you get into a slaughter fest with those handful of thugs/nilfgardian soldiers. Those guys were a major pain too. So all in all I do feel like the combination of the difficulty and AI tweaks has finally made the game ridiculously hard and a good challenge. Now for these wolf packs.... I think I might have to take a little hiatus and get my yrden sign up to par, as most of my skill tree has been based around physical attack power and potion/decoction stats.

One other thing to note, I've already come across a few of the new map's for the feline school scavenger hunts. Later on today when I'm off work I think I'm going to go and scout these out, as each of my witcher gear set's is fully master crafted. Curious to see how these legendary gear set's are going to look and feel.

same here. CDPR should've focused on things that actually matter in an RPG game like the expansions and the REDkit 2.
new game + is for games like the arkham series and so on, NOT for an RPG.

It's free DLC that you don't need to utilize. If they released an alternative look for Lambert instead would that be okay?

If it's release didn't delay the expansions then there's no harm done. Those of us who enjoy the game but despise the tedium of collecting diagrams, this is a welcome addition.

NG+= possibility to use all the skills you want

because you need to have more than 60 points to got the good skills in the three trees.

If you still find it's easy. Stop use the skills with +5% crits, ect.

So there is legendary witcher gear now?

And yes I would have rather had an alternate costume dlc than this.

Top Bottom