Now till release

+
It's kinda weird that they do not released anything after E3 2019 (except Deep Dive video with a lot of cuts and montage effects with voicing). Not even a single screenshot or whatever else. Also interviews, except very few. Next step of ARG if I remember right, should be already started. That silence looks weird. And, no, it doesn't relate to "crunches" since CM/PR-teams doesn't create textures/meshes/code/.../ for the game.
Maybe it's time to start expect a delay :shrug:

It's kinda weird that they do not released anything after E3 2019 (except Deep Dive video with a lot of cuts and montage effects with voicing). Not even a single screenshot or whatever else. Also interviews, except very few. Next step of ARG if I remember right, should be already started. That silence looks weird. And, no, it doesn't relate to "crunches" since CM/PR-teams doesn't create textures/meshes/code/.../ for the game.
Maybe it's time to start expect a delay :shrug:

I was about to do a first in my life preorder but due to this lack of information and poor deep dive cut i decided not to preorder just to express my dissatisfaction.

mhl333

Can't agree here. I'm separating for myself expectations from marketing and the game and so far nothing makes me think that it was a mistake to preorder the game at day-1. And there is could be a tons of reasons why some people preordered and some is not. So I guess it doesn't really tells anything for them if someone didn't made a preorder. Speaking about "Where is marketing campaign? Did the next step of ARG will be about searching for marketing campaign?" should probably make much more effect :)

Not getting anything doesn't necessarily mean it will be delayed, TW3 got delayed for the second time 3 days after dropping a new trailer so there's that
and who knows, maybe they're planning for aggressive marketing push like a month or so before release/after the game goes gold
its just speculating at this point

Well, it's seems like some kind of Russian roulette in terms of who knows when the marketing campaign will make a shot :giveup: So yeah, the only we can do is speculate and wait.

And there is could be a tons of reasons why some people preordered and some is not.
Ironically since there is no preorder bonus there is no reason whatsoever to preorder digital version - its not like you will be unable to get it at launch.

Not getting anything doesn't necessarily mean it will be delayed

If marketing does not start at February it will be strange, since there are some conventions to show stuff, probably Pax East at 27th Feb is biggest.

mhl333

Can't agree here. I'm separating for myself expectations from marketing and the game and so far nothing makes me think that it was a mistake to preorder the game at day-1. And there is could be a tons of reasons why some people preordered and some is not. So I guess it doesn't really tells anything for them if someone didn't made a preorder. Speaking about "Where is marketing campaign? Did the next step of ARG will be about searching for marketing campaign?" should probably make much more effect :)

What is you guys want? Their first trailer is at 15 mill on Youtube and second is at 7.7 mill. So players know this game for sure. Marketing has been done so to speak. Good or bad launch is much bigger issue now. How buggy the launch is etc.

Gotta say though this forum is kinda quiet only 12 weeks to launch...

Ironically since there is no preorder bonus there is no reason whatsoever to preorder digital version - its not like you will be unable to get it at launch.
Partially agree. I believe preorders allows devs to make some of their own estimations. Amount of future sales, budget, "hype", confidence in "direction", whatever else. But yes, because there is no bonuses, there is no real profit for players to preorder, except "it" already in your launcher, so no need to spend some moneys on it in future.

What is you guys want? Their first trailer is at 15 mill on Youtube and second is at 7.7 mill. So players know this game for sure. Marketing has been done so to speak. Good or bad launch is much bigger issue now. How buggy the launch is etc.

I would say, "fair marketing". I don't think it was really fair to show for some people 25-45min long demo and for others only 15min demo with a lot of cuts and montage. Well, I can understand it in terms of "exclusivity", but 2019 demo for now something like 7 months old, so in some aspects it would not represent current game quality and it feels like even if they release this video at some point, it will be wasted. And you can't say that there is no marketing at all. Last ARG, as example. Every time you don't know what with ARG will end up so there is was speculations that the last one (before the new year) will lead to the new "old" gameplay. Game launch is something that probably will happen 12 weeks later. During this, would be great to get some screenshots, some new interviews, further announcements of voice actors for localisations (this is my personal, since some was already announced but not for my native language yet) and so on. Demo would be great, but any other real activity also would be great.

Those millions of views on youtube does't necessarily mean that we know much about the game. So far we have seen mainly how to encounter enemies but many other aspects of the game were presented very slightly or not at all (example - crafting, side activities).

I've already indicated in one of my previous posts that this forum badly needs some new stuff to talk about. Conversations are dying.

These days people really want to know absolutely everything about the game before buying it lol
Just wait for reviews and then make up your mind problem solved.

I've already indicated in one of my previous posts that this forum badly needs some new stuff to talk about. Conversations are dying.

This hype train reminds me of SWTOR. There are even podcasts on regular schedules to talk about the game. And like with SWTOR lack of information leads to unrealistic expectations, baseless speculations, hunt for every new tidbit of info or new developer quote and over-reliance on preexisting lore to carry discussion.

Lilayah (cdpr employee) said on discord today

nie kojarze ze gdziekolwiek sie wybieramy poza taipei ale tam tez stare demo pokazujemy

Wich i can't translate accurately, but she basically said that there will be an old demo shown

WacaWaka
Google translation sounds not really promising since it could mean another behind closed doors show:
"I don't associate wherever we go outside of Taipei but we also show the old demo there"

I mean, "there" could mean Taipei, not "there around" or things like that :)

It just means that she is not aware about participating in any other shows than Taipei, and that in Taipei they are going to show old demo.

Release is under 200 days away. Does anybody know if we will get anything between now and April 2020? New trailer, new demo, new screenshots, CC demo?

I would love see the Corporate Centre before release

I hope we get the bare bones minimum tbh.. Imho,we have too much as is. I am trying to stay off the forums and away from utube vids on 2077. Too much hype,too many vids, too much info can over saturate the community. I want to go into it on the 16th with no new info at all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom