NPC netrunners, etc.

+
You know the game is unbalanced when everything is too easy, but you can still die in one single hit and kill enemies that are suposed to be hard in one hit as well. And don't get me started on bosses.

For those having problems, make sure to pay attention to the threat level listed on the map for each mission icon and trouble spot icon. If it says "Very High", you are gonna get flatlined unless you are very stealthy. Once the threat level drops to "High", the mission/spot is doable, but you had better be paying attention to business. "Moderate" is a normal, equivalent level threat, and below that is generally a milk run.

For those having problems, make sure to pay attention to the threat level listed on the map for each mission icon and trouble spot icon. If it says "Very High", you are gonna get flatlined unless you are very stealthy. Once the threat level drops to "High", the mission/spot is doable, but you had better be paying attention to business. "Moderate" is a normal, equivalent level threat, and below that is generally a milk run.
the threat on this mission was very low, maybe the spawned NPC was of very high level like 40+, it was the tyger female type with cyber legs, a very rare spawn

the threat on this mission was very low, maybe the spawned NPC was of very high level like 40+, it was the tyger female type with cyber legs, a very rare spawn
Check what part of the city you were in. Generally, at the beginning, everything around Arasaka tower is downright lethal, and they are totally capable of one-shotting you.

It's not that rare. I want to say about twenty percent of the gigs where I had Tyger Claw goon involved, had that "Joinin" proto model with the spiked cyber legs.
Post automatically merged:

Cyberpsychos are relatively easy, Cripple, followed by Short Circ and Contagion alternating. Garnish with a few NL blows from Sir PhallusStaff to taste.

The challenge is if you don't have standoff distance and they can rush you, especially if they're in an exoskeleton.

For that, use the vertical if possible.

Last edited:
1 lvl NPC uses legendary ping? Uhu. Of course.
I mean this is stupid.
That's all about immersivity. Just sad. Not critical for enjoy the game.

To be honest that's the most realistic thing you could ever think.
You are starting the game as lvl 1 trash merc and you are facing highly skilled hacker / hitmen, right? same would happen IRL if you try to beat a soldier on a street being inexperienced and lacking of proper equipement.

This game is easy on Very Hard IMO. Sure, early on it is very dangerous. As it well should be IMO. Although, I've been one-shotting almost everything since lvl 23 as a hacker, including some "Very High" threat enemies.
Enemy netrunners basically cease to be a problem after a certain point, havent gotten hacked in a very long time. And yeh, netrunners are dangerous early on but suck down some Bounce Back the moment before you are about to get that Overheat on ya and you'll be fine, maybe one or two more as it ticks if shit starts going really south.

And considering that with alot of work you can get your hands on Legendary Quickhacks at around lvl 20, like I did, even without being able to craft em. Datamine Virtuoso helps. Int 12(16 for quickhack crits though) is all thats needed and alot of patience. And as soon as you have a Legendary Ping and Short Circuit you are basically unbeatable even on Very Hard.

them netrunner are stupid. the game says that someone is locating my hiding location, but i don't see them anywhere. they're supposed to be colored orange something.

Top Bottom