NPC Nudity has been removed or Patched????

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, this is NOT in regards to the players first person view not being nude. That has been addressed.

This is in regards specifically to NPC's and background characters who were visibly uncensored, but now appear censored.

But I noticed a change in the game world, cut scenes, etc. when I started a new character after patch 1.04:

Exotic dancers in several bars, and inside several windows on the street that were either topless or fully nude (save for neon tattoo's, and cyberware) now have nipple covers, etc.

During the dialogue with Evelyn, the holographic dancer on the table that was topless now has pasties.

Several dozen patrons in clubs, including some of the more sexualized areas around town with mesh or clear tops also have nipple covers of some kind: colored tape in an X over each nipple, pasties, or chrome push-up bra's.

I can see my character fully nude, sex scenes with a joy toy include exposed breasts, so the censorship feature is NOT on. It may seem to be a small thing, but having the game uncensored then to see the sex workers, dancers and BD performers now clothed does take away from the mature theme of these locations in the game world where nudity is not at all taboo, and is in fact expected by the people who would go to these bars, clubs and stores.

I am in the US, with a copy of the game via Steam and have been playing since day 1.

Firstly, this is NOT in regards to the players first person view not being nude. That has been addressed.

This is in regards specifically to NPC's and background characters who were visibly uncensored, but now appear censored.

But I noticed a change in the game world, cut scenes, etc. when I started a new character after patch 1.04:

Exotic dancers in several bars, and inside several windows on the street that were either topless or fully nude (save for neon tattoo's, and cyberware) now have nipple covers, etc.

During the dialogue with Evelyn, the holographic dancer on the table that was topless now has pasties.

Several dozen patrons in clubs, including some of the more sexualized areas around town with mesh or clear tops also have nipple covers of some kind: colored tape in an X over each nipple, pasties, or chrome push-up bra's.

I can see my character fully nude, sex scenes with a joy toy include exposed breasts, so the censorship feature is NOT on. It may seem to be a small thing, but having the game uncensored then to see the sex workers, dancers and BD performers now clothed does take away from the mature theme of these locations in the game world where nudity is not at all taboo, and is in fact expected by the people who would go to these bars, clubs and stores.

I am in the US, with a copy of the game via Steam and have been playing since day 1.
Yep... CDPR chickened out with a smiley face.
We can only wait till mods remove the censor again.

This is disappointing honestly! I wish the Devs would just believe in their game like the rest of us do... Some mainstream "gamers" give unproductive feedback and now they're changing 8 years of work!

I'm telling you it seems like nowadays you can't say or ****censored**** anything anymore.

Why censor after release? I don't know, but it makes the nudity toggle pointless and it is going to burn the good will customers had.

Last edited:

While I'm not sure about the other points. That one I don't think is true. Looking at play troughs uploaded before 1.04, the holo dancer looks the same.

What gets me the most are the dancers in several windows all over town that seemingly wear random Npc gear. 'Why is that dancer over there wearing a Parka?', I'm sure we'll eventually get word on why they felt the need to do this tho! Maybe that's gonna help us understand their reasoning a little better.

While I'm not sure about the other points. That one I don't think is true. Looking at play troughs uploaded before 1.04, the holo dancer looks the same.
Sadly I don't have screenshots, but it was very specific that the holo dancer was topless. I was in game on day 1 after getting it to launch correctly and played obsessively lol. The holo dancer had a thong on, but nothing covering nipples.

Just confirmed it: A youtube video uploaded 12/10/2020 titled "Meeting Evelyn and Judy" shows it. The holo dancer has *gasp* bare nipples. Screencap attached

Attachments

• NipSlip.JPG
    NipSlip.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 1,076
I started playing on release on PC, the dancer holo dancer in question definitely had pasties. I don't remember when I got to that point in game, maybe after the 1.04 patch hit though...

What gets me the most are the dancers in several windows all over town that seemingly wear random Npc gear. 'Why is that dancer over there wearing a Parka?', I'm sure we'll eventually get word on why they felt the need to do this tho! Maybe that's gonna help us understand their reasoning a little better.

I've noticed that some NPC's do change location or randomly spawn. Outfits too, so it may be like a leveled list or something to change outfits of even non-combative NPC's? Makes sense to make the same location seem different every time you visit. The dancers may also be doing BD's, so "sexy" is not necessarily what you would see in the real world since people are experience their dance moves virtually. That's a bit of a stretch though and requires more knowledge of world lore.

I started playing on release on PC, the dancer holo dancer in question definitely had pasties. I don't remember when I got to that point in game, maybe after the 1.04 patch hit though...
yes it did. from day 1. and many posts have been started about this. Forget PS players THIS is the biggest problem and biggest disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom