NPC pop-in issues

+
NPC pop-in issues

Ever since the last patch (1,.03) I have been experiencing severe NPC pop-in, whereby the involved characters pop in basically two metres from my character. I copy my post from the steam forums, summarizing everything known about the issue so far:

1; Problem is independent of settings

2, When using the fast travel option to reach a village, the problem disappears, every NPC loads in one go.

3; Once the NPCs load, they remain loaded, and will not fade out when going away from them

4; It is not related to the population density setting, as the affected characters are there even at lower levels of the setting

5; It does not affect every NPC. It however, affects the same NPCs every time (peasants on the fields, etc.)

6; White orchard is comparably less affected, I mostly experience it in Velen/Novigrad

7; According to one person, setting everything to low, restarting PC, and relaunching solved the issue.

I would like to receive a Dev answer if possible, confirming that the issue is known, and being worked on. It is a game-breaker for players with good rigs, especially since it worked perfectly before 1.03. It brought no performance improvements for me, and introduced pop-in.

i7 4770k (stock)
Gtx 980 Strix
16Gb Corsair Dominator Pl.
Z87 Sabertooth

---------- Updated at 09:27 AM ----------

https://steamcommunity.com/app/292030/discussions/0/613958868361143836/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/292030/discussions/0/613958868358801917/

http://www.gog.com/forum/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt/extreme_characternpc_popin

http://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/36qpgl/witcher_3_npc_popin_dont_upvote/

---------- Updated at 12:05 PM ----------

No one?

---------- Updated at 05:20 PM ----------

BUMP

You are not alone. I start noticing this in Novigrad, then in Velen, also this occurs on some random areas on the crossroad where people are gathering I pass spirnting with the horse, hear their voices but no NPCs turn back and around 10 NPCs just started to POP-in ... it is not on every settlement but indeed is a game braking.

Also this started to occur with 1.03v patch.

"I´m running from a RAM drive. So ~10x faster than a SSD and the same poppin.."

I don't know how to react to this ... but someone explain this guys how PC works :) and yes tw3 is installed on SSD !

Last edited:
Seriously, this needs to be fixed! NPCs popup only 5 meters away from me! There were no issues with 1.02 at all - This is starting to get silly!

Yup, I am getting terrible NPC pop in. Some soldiers torches load faster than the npc's holding them, leading to floating fire.

Same here ... try running in Novigrad during the night ... LOTS OF fire torches floating in the mid air !

Just read that setting population density to high, instead of ultra, should fix it. I'm gonna try it out and see if it helps at all. This is such an annoying bug.

---------- Updated at 07:10 PM ----------

Yep, the lower you set it, the less pop-ins occur oddly enough. I dont get it. Set it to medium and that seems to have fixed it o_O

Edit: Yeah didnt fix it at all. Whats worse is that enemies now pop up as well right in front of your face. This game is beyond broken.

Last edited:
"I´m running from a RAM drive. So ~10x faster than a SSD and the same poppin.."

I don't know how to react to this ... but someone explain this guys how PC works :) and yes tw3 is installed on SSD !

I'll explain to you, first. RAM drive is a pre-partitioned portion of your RAM memory that works as a virtual HDD. And yes - it is as fast as your RAM pipe and RAM chips are, meaning it is 10 times the speed of a SATA SSD. Those of us who are happy owners of 24/32+ GB of RAM do actually use this sometimes, even for games this size...

Nope, changing the population density setting even to low and restarting the game doesn't fix the issue for me either. Seems to go a bit deeper than just that setting.

Yeah didnt fix it at all. Whats worse is that enemies now pop up as well right in front of your face. This game is beyond broken.

I have the same problem occasionally, and, oddly enough, with certain groups it always happens, as the op has already written. While this is somewhat "immersion breaking", calling the game "beyond broken" because of this is a bit much imo. But hyperboles seem to be modern these days.

I have the same problem occasionally, and, oddly enough, with certain groups it always happens, as the op has already written. While this is somewhat "immersion breaking", calling the game "beyond broken" because of this is a bit much imo. But hyperboles seem to be modern these days.
It's broken when you want to clear a bandit/pirate camp and can only see 2-3 guys, while the rest pops up randomly. That's BEYOND BROKEN.

Top Bottom