NPC pop-in issues

+
Same issue! Started after 1.04. Here is example. On one screen I'm near a bench, I stood there for a few seconds, then, on second screen, I came closer and NPC just appeard from thin air.

Attachments

• witcher3 2015-05-28 22-29-32.jpg
    witcher3 2015-05-28 22-29-32.jpg
    395.4 KB · Views: 60
  • witcher3 2015-05-28 22-29-37.jpg
    witcher3 2015-05-28 22-29-37.jpg
    394.6 KB · Views: 66
glad to hear i am not alone with this issue. would not say its game-breaking, but it is a little jarring and breaks the wonderful immersion of the game.

CDPR, please fix the NPC pop-in problem ASAP.

There's also an issue with pop-in on characters during changes in camera angles, look at this at 1:08:22
[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziJBOJIcgHY[/video]

Complete fix for pop-in
Install geforce experience.
Let it optmize witcher3
Start the game. Change the settings to wathever you like.
If you need change some setting in ini.

There no more popin and performance will be a little better.
I tested in 5 computers.

Complete fix for pop-in
Let it optmize witcher3

I tested in 5 computers.

Did that. Still have NPC pop-in,

Last edited:
The pop in is pretty terrible. I ran into a bandit camp with a bunch of cannibals, and when I got in the middle suddenly i was surrounded with 15 of them, lol

I have this problem too and would really like to see it get fixed.

I did not experience this at release, this is something that has been introduced in one of the patches.

Last edited:
Would love to see a fix/solution to this problem.
GeForce Experience should not be required to fix this issue.
I first started seeing pop-in issues in 1.04 while horse racing and it has slowly become worse over time (either that or I'm just noticing it more).

i5 2600k @ 4.0GHz
GTX 670 4GB OC
8GB DDR3 RAM
HDD

Never had any issues in the inital version of the game.

Geforce Experience has absolutely no effect that the standard in-game options do not provide. It will not affect pop-in in any way. Furthermore, Nvidia seems to have been a little happy-drunk when they were configuring the "Optimize!" settings for Wild Hunt -- I would really recommend not relying on it for this particular game.

The pop-in is caused by the game threading textures inefficiently through its engine. If the pipe-line needed is being used by another of the game's processes, texture threading seems to just run around like a rabbit that lost its hole. It's most likely this way for stability purposes and will be ironed out over time. Even modifying the few .ini settings that apparently affect NPC creation seems to have no actual effect. NPCs load properly sometimes, and sometimes they don't. Any apparent "solution" we stumble across with the game in its present state is likely placebo.

Guest 3830747

Most people reporting NPC pop-in issues also say that there was no NPC pop-in in earlier patch versions. So obviously the game can handle NPCs just fine. It just seems that something has gone wrong somewhere in one of the patches that has cause pop-in problems now.

Most people reporting NPC pop-in issues also say that there was no NPC pop-in in earlier patch versions. So obviously the game can handle NPCs just fine. It just seems that something has gone wrong somewhere in one of the patches that has cause pop-in problems now.

But in addition the previous versions were more unstable for some, myself included. I hope they can bring back the smooth NPC rendering without the caveats.

I was playing the game for little less than a week before I really noticed it. It had been there from the beginning, of course, but I was too busy drooling over the different types of bushes blowing in the breeze to notice it with complete consciousness. That's the way "visuals" usually work.

These reddit.com tweaks mentioned above are really at your own risk. Generally, assigning "high priority" to programs is not a great idea -- they can overrun specific Windows processes and create errors with kernel.exe. I doubt anyone will fry their system nowadays, but it can still lead to system instability and memory errors.

Rather than raising priority, try to kill intensive processes running in the background. Sometimes, when I've been very desperate to solve something, I would manually shut down explorer.exe. This kills 90% of windows processor and memory usage safely. You'll need to write a batch file to start the game manually through Task Manager, then restart explorer.exe through Task Manager when you're done. It may seem scary, but it's a heck of a lot safer than mucking around with program priorities and basically accomplishes the same thing.

Last edited:
i think those tweaks help certain types of pop in, but not where npcs appear right in front of you after a few seconds. it seems to happen to the same ones every time. also, fast travelling and loading prevent it from happening...so if you're testing, don't do that.

---------- Updated at 09:22 PM ----------

Complete fix for pop-in
Let it optmize witcher3

I tested in 5 computers.

worst post 2015

Last edited:
Top Bottom