NPCs have insomnia [bug]

+
NPCs have insomnia [bug]

Almost all merchants in Novigrad don't sleep at night but hang around their shops (for example, Vivaldi ). Street musicians also suffer from insomnia. If it is a bag, please, fix it. If it is done intentionally, I would like to remind you that merchants in Skyrim sleep all nights long.

View attachment 45321

Attachments

• witcher3 2016-06-01 19-39-09-54.jpg
    witcher3 2016-06-01 19-39-09-54.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 130
Not true most of them sleep...and no problem with the street musicians considering there are always party on the streets of Novigrad late night but I always found odd that some merchants sleep and some don't.Although not realistic I prefer those who don't...I hate when I need a merchant and he's sleeping and I don't like to meditate all the time...only when its necessary.

OivalfSelat

Novigrad is different from the villages, but we have some npcs that not working during the night.

Skyrim in terms of city, is basically an village compared with this game, is more easy organize few npcs, who have a personality, minus the cloned guards. But, if you visit the tavern in Whiterun, nobody sleeps there.

Your point is valid for immersion, maybe some characters like Vivaldi, Hattori, Anselm and Yoana at the forge in Crow’s Perch, is a design choice, keep the very useful npcs always working.

and no problem with the street musicians considering there are always party on the streets of Novigrad late night

Do you think it's normal for musicians to play music late at night at the empty town square?

I hate when I need a merchant and he's sleeping and I don't like to meditate all the time...only when its necessary.

On the other hand it's naturally. In TW1 Geralt was dependent of merchants' and craftsmans' schedule.
It's terribly annoying that the devs have refused from many different features of TW1 to satisfy lazy public (no offense).

Do you think it's normal for musicians to play music late at night at the empty town square?

On the other hand it's naturally. In TW1 Geralt was dependent of merchants' and craftsmans' schedule.
It's terribly annoying that the devs have refused from many different features of TW1 to satisfy lazy public (no offense).

Yeah definitely not although I gotta say they aren't always there for me,sometimes the town square is really empty lol...and when I answered that I was talking about the musicians that are always close to Hattori.They're never alone there...there are always witch hunters,redanian soldiers and whores partying with them.

None taken...the lazy description does not fit for me,someone who never uses fast travel.But still its funny when you say lazy public,I have all them schedules on ma mind like the exact right time where they're up and working and anyone who knows this can meditate to the time they're not sleeping...hell you don't even need to know their schedules just meditate to any time after 5am...now tell me how that differs from your "lazy" description?...I don't do that like I said I don't like to meditate often only when its really necessary.

---------- Updated at 06:03 PM ----------

Novigrad is different from the villages, but we have some npcs that not working during the night.

Your point is valid for immersion, maybe some characters like Vivaldi, Hattori, Anselm and Yoana at the forge in Crow’s Perch, is a design choice, keep the very useful npcs always working.

Well said...yeah you could think of Novigrad like today's citys,there is always some place open for you to buy your stuff.And well said about them characters too,think CDPR made the right choice to leave some who never sleeps.

I've wondered why the bookseller and Vivaldi are always up, or why Vivaldi isn't inside the bank.

I loled at the Skyrim comparison. Too many times, a vender or quest giver was dead via a random encounter in an unmodded playthrough.

I doubt this is a bug, how any tester could miss this if it were a bug is not believable, I believe it's intentional, a 14th century version of 24hr open premises.

Last edited:
I did an investigation and found out that merchants in different villages show differences in their behavior.
In villages Blackbough, Midcopse and Oreton they leave their post for the entire night, but in Claywich craftsmen work 24/7.
I believe it's just a slight carelessness on the developers' part.

Top Bottom